[Recovery] TWRP 3.0.2-0

Guest KonstaT

Guest Lukas4477

I did manually. Removed any remaining stuff from system. Hopefully nothing else left.

it removed it for me, i installed the king root to sd card and it came off when i ran super.

Guest Frankish

Yes very strange indeed! I'm reluctant to mess with my phone again without doing a backup as it is a pain to go stock and OTA and king root and supersume etc ha ha.

Guest LiNe171

Gonna try, i will post the feedback in few minutes.

Edit: Worked, Kingroot gone 4ever. But needed to format phone (on definitions, but i did a backup on Google.)

Thank you Lukas4477.

Edited by LiNe171

Guest Lukas4477

Glad it worked :) 

I did a fresh install before I installed king root to the SD, then after I was fully rooted and had removed kingroot, i made a backup in twrp recovery. 

Guest Frankish

I did a twrp backup before the format.. But when i try to restore it on recovery mode, it says "... read mode only" and cant restore it.

Reboot recovery it should give am option to allow editing file system. If not go to mounts and mount system.

Guest PaulOBrien

As it is now the stock OTAs fail to install because (at least the first of) these asserts fail... it'd be handy to have a little tweak to resolve that. Keep up the good work!

getprop("ro.product.device") == "msm8916_32" || abort("This package is for \"msm8916_32\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\".");
getprop("ro.product.name") == "P839V55" || abort("This package is for \"P839V55\" product; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.name") + "\".");

P

Guest KonstaT

As it is now the stock OTAs fail to install because (at least the first of) these asserts fail... it'd be handy to have a little tweak to resolve that. Keep up the good work!

getprop("ro.product.device") == "msm8916_32" || abort("This package is for \"msm8916_32\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\".");
getprop("ro.product.name") == "P839V55" || abort("This package is for \"P839V55\" product; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.name") + "\".");

P

Stock firmware packages also contain bootloader/modem images that you shouldn't be flashing in custom recovery. Good guideline is not to use custom recovery to flash any partitions that you can't backup/restore.

Guest LiNe171

Im having a issue with this.. I just back to stock ROM of Portugal ( 002c vesion, Vodafone Portugal stopped the update via ota i dont know why ) when i had the 002c before ota, recovery worked fine, no errors..
But now when i do all the steps from OP and i reboot to recovery it stays stuck at powered by Android, i can only acess recovery with stock recovery..

Edit: Fixed :P

Guest brmourato

The file had the wrong name, instead of using the method on OP i used flashify and flashed recovery with it

I'm having the same error. Can you please explain better how you solved it?

Thanks

Guest LiNe171

Download both files to PC, then right click on both -> send to ultra 6, then open the terminal emulator and write the 2 lines from OP and it's ok.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest elperroderoke

Just recived the phone from Vodafone Spain and I want to get a recovey.img backup from the VDF-995NB01-ES02c Rom that is the one installed right now. I have downloaded the ROm from ZTE site, but the stock recovery.img is not included, just a path.

I belive that having the UK stock recovery.img would be enought to flash back the Stock Rom, but I was wandering if is possible have a backup of the recovery.img in the same way we just flash TWRP once the phone is rooted. I think it would be something like.

dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery of=/sdcard/recoveryimg

or similar 

dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery.img of=/sdcard/recoveryimg

or maybe a recovery.img is hidden somewhere.

I think is not a big deal having one or other stock recovery, but as I have seen, there is not a "complete" recovery.img in update.zip and the path in the folder /recovery/bin/install-recovery.sh seems to be different in update.zip (from SP or UK), so maybe if you have stock UK recovery and you install the spanish update.zip, the path for the recovery will faild, That is not a big deal but just you always will have the UK recovery.

Regards.

Edited by elperroderoke

Guest elperroderoke

Have you downloaded the PT stock firmware from ZTE support site? You can create recovery.img from boot.img and couple of patch files. I could do it but I can't be bother to download the whole firmware (ZTE site is so slow).

Extract these files from the PT update.zip and upload them somewhere.

boot.img
recovery/recovery-from-boot.p
recovery/bin/install-recovery.sh
system/etc/recovery-resource.dat

The files from the Spanish stock firmware if you want create the recovery, in case is not possible have it in other way.

https://mega.nz/#!BIwynI6K!FEER_-N18xjrJoxjHpoNHvu8pPvPjO3ELocKF7g8mMc

Regards.

Guest KonstaT

Just recived the phone from Vodafone Spain and I want to get a recovey.img backup from the VDF-995NB01-ES02c Rom that is the one installed right now. I have downloaded the ROm from ZTE site, but the stock recovery.img is not included, just a path.

I belive that having the UK stock recovery.img would be enought to flash back the Stock Rom, but I was wandering if is possible have a backup of the recovery.img in the same way we just flash TWRP once the phone is rooted. I think it would be something like.

dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery of=/sdcard/recoveryimg

or similar 

dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery.img of=/sdcard/recoveryimg

or maybe a recovery.img is hidden somewhere.

I think is not a big deal having one or other stock recovery, but as I have seen, there is not a "complete" recovery.img in update.zip and the path in the folder /recovery/bin/install-recovery.sh seems to be different in update.zip (from SP or UK), so maybe if you have stock UK recovery and you install the spanish update.zip, the path for the recovery will faild, That is not a big deal but just you always will have the UK recovery.

Regards.

The files from the Spanish stock firmware if you want create the recovery, in case is not possible have it in other way.

https://mega.nz/#!BIwynI6K!FEER_-N18xjrJoxjHpoNHvu8pPvPjO3ELocKF7g8mMc

Regards.

Here you go.

recovery-stock-VDF-995NB01-ES02c.zip (Spain)
http://www.mediafire.com/?h80bdgvh1agzc30
md5:aa89dde0d4f6245522615d31cd40e668

You could also dump the recovery partition ('dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery of=/sdcard/recovery.img') but I much rather prefer creating it from the patch file as that is possible. This way you'll have a sha1 checksum to verify that the recovery image is exactly what it should be.

Edited by KonstaT