FAQ about the Smart Ultra 6

Guest Frankish

Guest Bandoolero

Guys I am trying to install a driver so adb would see my device. When i use the adb devices command in CMD, there are 0 devices. I try to update the driver with the one you posted in this topic in device manager of the phone but if MTP is enabled than it won't install (it says that the device already has the latest driver). If MTP is disabled than the phone doesn't show up, but 3 unidentified Android devices appear under Other devices. None of them accepts your usb driver when i try to install it. Please help!

• 2 months later...
Guest bladebuddy

Long time since I have visited this site but picking  this phone up on Friday. One thing I remeber, chainfire updated supersu one time, the update broke chrome, the fix was to turn off data saver in the chrome settings before installing su, might be something similar thats breaking chrome for some people. Just thought it was worth mentioning .

• 2 months later...
Guest mpore14

Hi I understand that when you have unlocked the phone, the sim that you put in should work.

What if I put a different sim of a different network will it still work?

For example, I unlocked the phone to Spark. Will I be able to put in 2degrees sim?

Thanks for the reply!

Guest BlueMoonRising
5 hours ago, mpore14 said:

Hi I understand that when you have unlocked the phone, the sim that you put in should work.

What if I put a different sim of a different network will it still work?

For example, I unlocked the phone to Spark. Will I be able to put in 2degrees sim?

Thanks for the reply!

It's unlocked to any carrier for ever more.

Guest mpore14
4 hours ago, BlueMoonRising said:

It's unlocked to any carrier for ever more.

Thank you for your answer kind sir.

Will it void my warranty if I unlocked it through ebay and not from vodafone?

Guest Frostyjim
8 hours ago, mpore14 said:

Thank you for your answer kind sir.

Will it void my warranty if I unlocked it through ebay and not from vodafone?

No

• 1 month later...
Guest DaveSimonH

Thanks Frankish, I used you're ebay link to the unlock code seller (now £1.35). Got the ebay message about 20min after ordering it, and then used it to unlock phone for my new ASDA Mobile SIM. I compared them to my current old Orange/EE canary tariff, and ASDA have much better pay as you go rates. They even use the EE network, so I should see similar coverage.

Orange vs Vodafone vs ASDA

calls - 30p/min vs 30p/min vs 8p/min
texts - 12p vs 12p vs 4p
mms - 40p vs 45p vs 25p
data - 65p/MB vs £2/50MB then 10p/MB vs 5p/MB (always had data off because of it)
voicemail - 30p/min vs 30p/min vs 8p/min

• 1 year later...