Dim LED buttons

Guest sloopjb

Guest sloopjb

Hi guys,

I'm happy with the phone so far, unlocked, rooted and trimmed back a bit but the blue control/notification buttons at the bottom are ridiculously dim. They were like this out of the box so it's not the unlock/root that's done it. I know they can be bright because when you plug the phone in to charge it's nice and bright for a few seconds. I'm comparing it to my girlfriends SU6 and they are world's appart. 

Is this just a variable in the hardware or is there anything I can do about it?

Cheers.

Guest PaulOBrien

If you're rooted the brightness can be set from the command line, so in theory somebody could make an adjustment tool. I haven't yet decided whether to buy a Su6 (I am using a Voda loaner atm), if I do get one I may write a few little apps.

P

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

If you're rooted the brightness can be set from the command line, so in theory somebody could make an adjustment tool. I haven't yet decided whether to buy a Su6 (I am using a Voda loaner atm), if I do get one I may write a few little apps.

P

That'd be a GPIO value I think, set by echoing a value > /sys/... etc?

Guest sloopjb

Thanks guys, thats good to hear. Its all a bit foreign to me at the moment but any pointers on how to have a go myself would be fantastic

Cheers

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

I can see some custom scripts being made, whereby the individual key LEDs can be made to flash to denote separate events; a very trivial matter.

Guest sloopjb

Ok guys, I've tried changing from the defaults (brightness 0 and max brightness 40) but nothing changes and on reboot the original values are restored :(