Stock ROM restore image without wipe for TWRP

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

I've packaged the stock ROM restore image for flashing using TWRP, removing the wipe. This will allow you to restore to stock ROM but keep your data.

Scenarios where this might be useful...

• you want to fully unroot your device and return to stock but keep your data (flash this, then flash stock recovery, then boot and OTA)
  • you've rooted using Kingroot, but you want to remove all traces and use SuperSU (root with kingroot, flash TWRP, uninstall the kingroot APK then flash this, then boot and OTA)

It's just another handy in-case-of-emergency option to have too.

DOWNLOAD (ROMraid)

P

Edited by PaulOBrien

Guest geniuspereira

Hi, Does anyone have the stock rom for Vodafone Ultra 6.

My phone after I root it with Kingo stop resolving web pages, I tried to restore factory settings but still nothing.

Thanks

Guest kiffmoore

This is great Paul, really appreciate your time. I've flashed this and chrome etc  is all working fine again. However I'm still getting the footer signature error on the update through stock recovery. Is there any way the update can be packaged for TWRP flashing for the short term until hopefully custom roms arrive, of course willing to donate to the cause 

Guest LiNe171

I found this rom in ZTE website, VDF-995NB01-PT002c, how can I flash it?.

Thanks

Mete o update.zip dentro do armazenamento interno do telemóvel e do sdcard, não tenho a certeza qual dos dois é que a atualização offline verifica.. Depois vai a definições -> acerca do telemóvel -> atualização de software/disponível -> atualização offline e escolhes o update.zip que vai aparecer lá.

Sorry for this being in Portuguese, its more easy to me to explain it :P

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

@PaulOBrien

Hi Paul :)

Have you ever considered the prospect of making SHA1/MD5 sums for downloads as the default? I don't mind downloading 1GB, but I'd rather not have a corrupt download. It's not as if checksums take a long time to generate, and they'll save SO many silly questions from newcomers too. I've been on Linux since 2003, and it's a given that this is the norm, and now even Microsoft are doing it (gasp!).

:) thanks

Edited by macbreakweeklyfan

Guest geniuspereira

Mete o update.zip dentro do armazenamento interno do telemóvel e do sdcard, não tenho a certeza qual dos dois é que a atualização offline verifica.. Depois vai a definições -> acerca do telemóvel -> atualização de software/disponível -> atualização offline e escolhes o update.zip que vai aparecer lá.

Sorry for this being in Portuguese, its more easy to me to explain it :P

Boas, obrigado pela ajuda, mas aconteceu alguma coisa estranha no meu tlm, não consigo fazer o update de nenhuma manira, o chrome não resolve as páginas.....

Entretanto instalei a rom do Paul e está a funcionar corretamente mas gostava de ter a PT por causa dos servers de atualização serem em PT e também por causa da garantia.

Obrigado

Guest LiNe171

Boas, obrigado pela ajuda, mas aconteceu alguma coisa estranha no meu tlm, não consigo fazer o update de nenhuma manira, o chrome não resolve as páginas.....

Entretanto instalei a rom do Paul e está a funcionar corretamente mas gostava de ter a PT por causa dos servers de atualização serem em PT e também por causa da garantia.

Obrigado

Experimentas-te sacar aquilo do site do ZTE da versão Portuguesa, extrair o que sacas-te e ficas com 2 ficheiros.. O update.zip e um manual do telemóvel.. Metes o update.zip no armazenamento interno e sdcard, nos 2 só para prevenir, fazes como disse acima. Tem que funcionar. Mas tens de instalar o flashify e instalar a stock recovery primeiro ( http://www.4shared.com/file/rBh8SG90ce/recoveryrepack.html ) tens de ter root para fazer isto.. Depois de instalares esta recovery pelo Flashify, reinicias o telemóvel, após reiniciares dás unroot no telemóvel e já consegues instalar o update.zip.

• 1 month later...

I htink i've really messed up.

I tried to update my phone and now all i get is the Android system recovery. i've tried all of the options to no avail.

I'm a complete novice when it comes to all of this, can someone help me get my phone back up and running again?

Guest elperroderoke

I htink i've really messed up.

I tried to update my phone and now all i get is the Android system recovery. i've tried all of the options to no avail.

I'm a complete novice when it comes to all of this, can someone help me get my phone back up and running again?

http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/375788-vodafone-smart-ultra-6-stock-roms-otas-and-recoveries/

Download the ROM corresponding to your Phone/Country.

Inside the zip you'll download, there are the instruccions and the update.zip file. Read the instruccions that basically says you have to copy the update.zip file in your SD Card and chose the optión (install update.zip or apply update, sorry but I have TWRP no stock recovery) in the recovery menu.

Regards,