[ROM][4.4.2] MIUI v6-v7

Guest johnickz

Guest johnickz

Believe me MIUI is smoother than EMUI3 (at least the one from 7TOthat most people use) by far with bare eyes.

I am back at Emui 2.3 as usual and waiting for something "THAT" stable!

Edited by johnickz

Guest mixanikosgr

Have you tried kouskous new release yet?

Yes,but not for along time. I don't like the washed out colors of the other roms, compared to emui3. I am also used to emui's interface with kangviptools (i use emui3 as a daily rom  from february, emui2.3 from last year), so change is not easy. I like kouskous miui , and i am still searching-reading about some things  i want to customize in the interface, and then it will be my daily driver.

Does anybody know how to change-edit the gamma values, saturation, color, so we can control the total color reproduction of the screen?

Guest Mouratti

Hello Guys

I try this rom, and looks nice, but have a few problems.

Push notifications whatssup, sometimes works ok other not.

And SMS aplications, allways say that stops, and if i go to Agenda and try to send sms from the agenda, not working.

Guest johnickz

Hello Guys

I try this rom, and looks nice, but have a few problems.

Push notifications whatssup, sometimes works ok other not.

And SMS aplications, allways say that stops, and if i go to Agenda and try to send sms from the agenda, not working. 

I had the same problem with gmail application.

Rista1 suggests this "for notifications, go to the security and -auto run- allow those applications that you want notifications- for me works".

Didn't tried though. About message app closing maybe it's something that you erased, which version you are using?!

Meanwhile we have some updates, I ll update later.

Guest Mouratti

I use this version signed_MIUI_v4.4.2_c8297w_5.6.25-EU_Multi (343 dls)

Where is the security is the AV, or security in settings?

I see in security, (AV green one) and put whatssup in autostart

And the alarm is too low, i need to add an app to get a good sound.

From SMS, i use chop SMS, but the default SMS app, is not working.

I use CWM Recovery, and i dont see the wype system, do i really need TWRP?

Edited by Mouratti

Guest Mouratti

I will test again, but alarm is low only.

by the way, how can i do a search on mobile for apps?

And its possible to organize by leter the icons of, apps in the phone?

Thanks

EDIT: After reinstall appear to be a little loud, but still low.

And auto-bright, is a little strange sometimes works other not, or disbale enable by oursefl.

Edited by Mouratti

Guest johnickz

Patch the above file I posted, but if still alarm sound is low, then try some other sound from MIUI (some are more loud).

If you swipe up (the opposite from revealing the norification bar) you ll see that there is an search index.

There you can search your apps. There are some options too about what you are willing to search (internet etc etc).

About the last one, its been discussed before, search this thread pls!!

Guest Mouratti

Thanks for your help.

And Anti-virus this update the definitions or not? 

I didnt see where we can find update AV.

How can you change the clock position, if this is possible?

Edited by Mouratti

In some chinese roms the notification panel has 4 toggles per row and the desktop icons are also in 4x6 order. How can i make it in official rom from miui.com? The official rom has a stock setting to set the desktop icons 4x6 order. But it is not working. Even if we select 4x6 it is still in 4x5 order. How can i set it manually? Can anyone tell me which file i have to repalce in the official rom?

Thanks for your help.

And Anti-virus this update the definitions or not? 

I didnt see where we can find update AV.

How can you change the clock position, if this is possible?

You can see the antivirus update options in security app. Open security -> Virus scan -> Click on the settings icon in virus scan page - you can see antivirus update options and other settings.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mouratti

Hello guys

I find a issue on this ROM, when i connect with my car (focus witg sync2) the phone conectados, but after a minute the stop and disconnect, with an error, bluetooth stoped.

Its possible flash only bluetooth, or any APP to solve this?

Or in this ROM, its possible see the errors log?

Guest johnickz

I think that is a known problem, Greek forum mentioned it too, some problem with Bluetooth and car. If I remember well someone said that is going to be fixed but.. I am still waiting the notifications problem to be fixed..

Guest matejsolid

ROM is great as I sad,perfect for daily usage but I have bugs,maybe someone noticed also.

1.USB mass storage can not be mounted,only USB charging,nothing pop-ups like on AOSP roms to select either camera,mass storage or something else.

2.When you have Facebook Messenger notification and click on notification to open it,nothing happens,you must manually enter messenger.

3.Is there any Xposed-Gravity box similiar apps for MIUI ?

Guest korekore1

2.When you have Facebook Messenger notification and click on notification to open it,nothing happens,you must manually enter messenger.

3.Is there any Xposed-Gravity box similiar apps for MIUI ?

this happens in other roms too,its a messenger issue i suppose

you can install xposed/wsm tools (the miui xposed port) on some of the latest miuis but not all modules will work.Everything that changes the UI won't work

Guest matejsolid

I'll try those apps then.

One issue bugs me,is there any way to receive notifications from apps like whatsapp,messenger,gmail without needing to hold apps in memory.

If I close them from recent apps menu automatically I stop receiving notifications.

Guest johnickz

I cant get notifications even if I lock the apps and Autostart them after the first reboot.

I have searched all the web for some solution but nothing.

I asked some people too but noone seems to can find the solution.

Thats a shame..