Sluggishness and strange happenings?

Guest ninjacat81

Guest ninjacat81

For the sluggishness I will blame Android 5.0.2 however with the sluggishness I have had strange happenings. Firstly the flash randomly turning on and will not go off, I turned the phone off which sat trying to turn off for at least 3 mins so major memory issues there, and once off the damn flash was still turned on.  I turned the phone on again and luckly the flash went off again.  I've had this phone a week now and this has happened twice.  In regards to memory issues I have had multiple lock ups where you can simply not do anything, all in all unless something is released to sort the issues I think I will be eBaying the device.

Guest ninjacat81

Ok I might just be unlucky but its strange how I have issues with every android device.  May be I am being to fussy but I am used to Windows Phone and iPhones and have generally never had any issues with these,

Guest BigD18t

I have no issues like you have, I also came from a Lumia830 and have had many android devices before that, so i know what to expect.

I would say your phone is faulty, maybe try doing a reset and seeing how it goes, and if still an issue return it.

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

I deleted this waffle because I was rattling out a load of guff, hehe. :D

Edited by macbreakweeklyfan

Guest Frankish

It definitely sounds like you have a faulty unit... Did i get that your device was off...but the flash was still on?! That is bizarre. If i get a slowdown it's a half second maximum i've ditched my iPhone 6 for this and i have zero regrets!

Guest ninjacat81

It definitely sounds like you have a faulty unit... Did i get that your device was off...but the flash was still on?! That is bizarre. If i get a slowdown it's a half second maximum i've ditched my iPhone 6 for this and i have zero regrets!

Yes thats right, I turned it off, it sat shutting down for almost 3 mins and then the flash/torch was still on. I turned it on again and it turned off.

Guest ninjacat81

I think isn't phone's fault but Lollipop fault -> https://www.androidpit.com/android-5-0-lollipop-problems-and-solutions

I see alot of people talking about that errors..

I had rubbish performance on an S5 with 5.0.2 as well, it also ran like crap on my wifes Moto G.  As mentioned in that list I also have apps in the recent apps constantly reopening.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest CompuTechish

I experience jittering in the first few seconds when powering it up but give it a few seconds it is smooth.

What launcher are you using?

Edited by CompuTechish

Guest ohyesman

I experience jittering in the first few seconds when powering it up but give it a few seconds it is smooth.

What launcher are you using?

Of course you do, its still booting in the background and loading up and updating widgets!!!

Guest ohyesman

I had rubbish performance on an S5 with 5.0.2 as well, it also ran like crap on my wifes Moto G.  As mentioned in that list I also have apps in the recent apps constantly reopening.

Lollipop 5.02 ....  This runs a million times better on this than it did on my Moto G (gen 2) which was a pile of horse dung!!! Ok this phone has a few strange niggles (some relating to lollipop) so hopefully this will be even better if/when we get 5.1

Guest CompuTechish

Of course you do, its still booting in the background and loading up and updating widgets!!!

I know its loading up. Just saying. I does take a few seconds. Anyway the only widgets I seem to use is the contact one. Anyway I'm using a different laucher so the stock one may load faster. It doesn't bother me that much as it doesn't last long.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Cant say I've experienced any problems myself so far.

@ninjacat81 have you rooted yours? Have you updated to the latest patch?

Unless you can trace the issue down to a particular App I would consider returning it for a new phone.