Problem with Android 5.1 Lollipop

Guest pgaunt

Guest VFR 750 Rider

My Hudl updated from KitKat to Lollipop without an issue, however, we have 3 in this house and one of them has had all the problems listed above and then some! The worst part being that the Email app which comes with it and has worked well and is not updateable via the app store had an epic fail every time opening an e-mail was attempted.
Having read the above and started the process of updating and clearing the cache for the apps I have one suggestion to add.
Download Ccleaner. It was originally called Crap Cleaner and is very very useful on Windows machines for removing all the rubbish Windows leaves cluttering hard drives, however, it clears the caches and other parts of an Android devices very well and saves having to go into each app and delete things individually.
Having done this, and allowed all the apps to update the Hudl is now running very well indeed.
We live in Portugal and so the Tesco's helpline is not really an option...... :)

Guest aaronmaher47

Hello guys, So earlier I did a factory reset on the Hudl because ive been sharing it with my misses whilst waiting for my new phone, so to clear all my crap of it and give it back to her i wiped it. 

Now when I power it on it asks me to connect to wifi and when i do it tells me to restart to apply the update (I can't press anything other than restart) so when it does restart the update fails, probably because it is rooted and bloatware removed. 

now im faced with a dilemma, I cant skip the update because there is no option to, and i cant apply the update cause its rooted / bloatware missing. 

how can I reflash the stock rom, is that even possible? cheers. 

Guest Alondria

Hi, I am one of those not so tech savvy people that got an update. It popped up on Tuesday and still can't access some apps and games. I couldn't access gmail til today because of the Google play services thing. Could someone please talk me through what I need to do to get the hudl back to (relative) normal. (And it changed hudl to girl, need to figure out if I can turn the auto correct off) Thanks