Having lots of trouble trying to do anything

Guest Phaellow

Guest Phaellow

Hey guys,

I've read every tutorial/FAQ there is, but I can't get anything done on this phone... I've tried rooting using MobileGO, I got "Failed to root". Tried Kingroot next, says it roots successfully. Tried to flash TWRP (using Flashify) that time, didn't work. After a reboot the root was gone (if it ever was there). My build number is "VDF-995NB01-PT02c". This is the Portuguese version of the phone. I have no pending updates and I just got this device, so everything was clean.

While I'm at it, I'm a bit disappointed with the phone. The transitions seem really choppy. Is there something that can be done? I see other countries have OTA updates, can I install them manually?

Guest lunario

Sorry I will post in Portuguese. Deves ter ota updates no telefone .em relação so root aqui funcionou com o mobilego sem problemas.ate o kingroot funciona apesar de não aconselhar o mesmo .

Guest lunario

Umnn that is strange or not.. I now have installed UK ROM and had to download the update via the link here on modaco because of no ota on UK too....

Guest Vodultra6

I am in the exact same situation,  i have tried kingroot a lot of times and mobile 4-6 times.

Haven't tried TWRP tho.

I am from portugal, i will try mobile go one more time, then i will try downloading UK rom and do all over again...

Any help is appreciated.

Guest Phaellow

I don't have any update pending. It says "Atualização disponível" which means "Update available" but I think it was mistranslated. When I press online update, it says I have the latest firmware. So, what steps should I take? Because I think Kingroot is a bit shady, I tried mobileGO first. I downloaded the drivers from Google, installed them, MobileGO connected via ADB. Pressed Root, cellphone rebooted 3-4 times then it said it had failed. Kingroot next, root didn't really work when I tried to flash TWRP and doesn't survive reboot. Can I just flash another country's ROM in my cellphone? Isn't there another way to flash TWRP and root through there?

Edited by Phaellow

Guest tj.reis

I am also from Portugal and had the same issues before.

What I did was fully charge the phone, then clean caches via stock recovery.

After, I booted, downloaded the twrp file form here, flashify from play store, SuperSU from chainfire and the lite ROM from a post here.

After hat I rooted through kingroot and immediately flashed the twrp image through flashify. Then I reeboted and went to the custom recovery and flashed SuperSU.

I chose to wipe the data and flash the lite ROM but that was me, maybe u shouldn't if you don't know what that implies!

Guest Vodultra6

I have tried flashing UK rom(wiped cache and data too),and rooting with no success... says its rooted, then i try to restart or open supersu(says i have to restart) and it goes back to unroot(not sure if it was)

Guest LiNe171

Root it, install TWRP.. Go to recovery mode then install SuperSU via TWRP, TWRP asks you if you want to install it when you press reboot system or when you flash a zip..

Guest Phaellow

TWRP doesn't install successfully... When I reboot, I always get stock recovery. Can anyone help?

Actually, it's worse. I managed to brick my phone by trying to boot into recovery. :( It doesn't turn on. What should I do?

Edited by Phaellow

Guest LiNe171

You need to put the recovery img on intern storage.. Then install terminal android and put that codes..

Try press power button for a long time until phone boots..

Guest Phaellow

Thanks, your advice helped me. I was already using that method, but apparently the TWRP .img that is linked first is not working correctly. I used the second one and it is working fine now. Thanks for all the help :)

That being said, I still feel that transitions/animations are really choppy, even after flashing the LITE ROM available here. Is there anything I can do to make this better?

Edited by Phaellow