SlimROM 5.1.1 featuring MourtaKernel Hybrid [2016-03-24]

Guest Mourta

Guest pechorin

Hi!

I've encountered a strange bug regarding audio. Everything works fine (except for some minor issues with earplugs - sometimes the phone "loses focus" and I have to un- and replug to regain audio), the system runs fast and smooth, except:

When I answer a call, I can't hear my opposite, while he hears me perfectly. When I call someone there are no issues.

Just out of curiosity I tried and flashed another kernel (euphoria) and the problem was gone. While I very much prefer your kernel, as of now it's not useable for me.

Thank you for your work!

Edited by pechorin
typo

Hi!

I've encountered a strange bug regarding audio. Everything works fine (except for some minor issues with earplugs - sometimes the phone "loses focus" and I have to un- and replug to regain audio), the system runs fast and smooth, except:

When I answer a call, I can't hear my opposite, while he hears me perfectly. When I call someone there are no issues.

Just out of curiosity I tried and flashed another kernel (euphoria) and the problem was gone. While I very much prefer your kernel, as of now it's not useable for me.

Thank you for your work!

Did you go to dev options and switch to Awesome player? I know it's not in the OP but it's in the thread.

I honestly have never had this problem and neither has it been reported to me, i'm a big fan of the first cause theory of ideas when it comes to hardware and the software that tells it what to do which means that i think you should try that if you have not but also that you may have some other quirky software that regulates sound in some way.

Guest TJHookr

Did you go to dev options and switch to Awesome player? I know it's not in the OP but it's in the thread.

I honestly have never had this problem and neither has it been reported to me, i'm a big fan of the first cause theory of ideas when it comes to hardware and the software that tells it what to do which means that i think you should try that if you have not but also that you may have some other quirky software that regulates sound in some way.

Actually this is the same problem as mine, occasionally I had the calling problem too, I think that it is connected to the sleep-headset problem, but I can rarely reproduce it so couldn't get the logs.

But as you mentioned in the other topic it is hopefully fixed, I wrote to Guiseppe so I will soon be able to confirm the fix.

Actually this is the same problem as mine, occasionally I had the calling problem too, I think that it is connected to the sleep-headset problem, but I can rarely reproduce it so couldn't get the logs.

But as you mentioned in the other topic it is hopefully fixed, I wrote to Guiseppe so I will soon be able to confirm the fix.

No, trust me, this has absolutely nothing to do with your problem what so ever unless you are having the exact same problem in which case it's the same problem and you have one problem apart from that.

Your problem, about the HDA not having a call chain is already fixed and you'll just have to use the next version when i have compiled it, it's a full new version with beta 0.10 so i thought i would include s*** in it so it at the very least fixes some problems that people have not even reported.

One thing i find amusing though "oh i never did anything but install it except for all the other things i did"

This is why i have a testing crew, they are not like you, i ignore you when you do s*** like this.

Guest pechorin

As a matter of fact, I had tried everything I could think of before bothering you with my problem, among other things I tried the Awesomeplayer switch. I did three fresh installs (wipe and everything), all to the same result.

What I did do was restore my apps on first startup, so what I'm gonna try next when I have a little time on my hands is make a clean  install and make someone call me without any not built in apps installed.

I'll let you know if that changes anything.

Guest TJHookr

No, trust me, this has absolutely nothing to do with your problem what so ever unless you are having the exact same problem in which case it's the same problem and you have one problem apart from that.

Your problem, about the HDA not having a call chain is already fixed and you'll just have to use the next version when i have compiled it, it's a full new version with beta 0.10 so i thought i would include s*** in it so it at the very least fixes some problems that people have not even reported.

I only assumed that it was the same problem because in my case the plug-in of the jack did not record. So it is possible that the plug-out of the jack is not recording either (in some cases) and if the plug-out does not record than the phone is still sending the voice of the other caller through the jack and not the built in speaker.

I had this problem occasionally (not being heard), but not always, and always after fiddling with the jack. But now that I am reading pechorins comments again if this is a problem in all calls even if the jack was never plugged in before, than that it is probably a different thing, sorry.

As a matter of fact, I had tried everything I could think of before bothering you with my problem, among other things I tried the Awesomeplayer switch. I did three fresh installs (wipe and everything), all to the same result.

What I did do was restore my apps on first startup, so what I'm gonna try next when I have a little time on my hands is make a clean  install and make someone call me without any not built in apps installed.

I'll let you know if that changes anything.

Try the new version. ;)

Guest ziotapa

Flashed last version few minutes ago, really fast for me, no lags, fast from deepsleep to incoming call, three shots with klondike solitaire only 3% battery, never seen something like this before, thanks Mourta for all the time you spend for the project. Follow you and your team  is a big adventure!  (i'll never change this old phone until you lave it).

Guest pechorin

Try the new version. ;)

Seems to work perfectly now. Thank you very much.

One small thing though... No real problem, but still: When booting the phone while charging (e.g. when you fully drained your battery, or spending some quality time in recovery;) ), the battery icon animation doesn't change to normal if disconnected from the cable, and charging again seems to be impossible until rebooting the phone. Don't know if this is a known or another strange occurance on my specific device :).

i have a question: i have to do wipe if i update the rom too? or how its an update i only i have to install the zip? im using the v 0.8, thanks.

No, if you are coming from a previous SlimRom of mine you can just install the zip and reboot.

Seems to work perfectly now. Thank you very much.

One small thing though... No real problem, but still: When booting the phone while charging (e.g. when you fully drained your battery, or spending some quality time in recovery;) ), the battery icon animation doesn't change to normal if disconnected from the cable, and charging again seems to be impossible until rebooting the phone. Don't know if this is a known or another strange occurance on my specific device :).

It's because the kernel has the new regulators from 3.10 but the powerbase is still at 3.4. It happens at times but not always.

It's going to be fixed by next version.

Guest juantech

really good update! its more smooth, fast and stable than before ^_^

but the mhl continues not working, here i have the new log:

dd3prycb.pngjhm7pmy4.png27ew4z99.pngmvz4i8k5.pngyf6w9sub.png8huqq8hg.pngqtf2j7xa.pngikojicpy.pngplko79x7.png6h2phc3s.png

Edited by juantech

I know, i'm working on video but it's taking it's sweet time, once that is done everything gets updated to 3.10, i'm going to try to make a kernel with just HDMI fixes for you to test though, i'll PM you either later tonight or tomorrow with it.

Hopefully it's just the forgotten lines and a few lines to DC that is needed, if not i'm going to have to review it after i'm done with the update, it's impossible to review all the code for HDMI at this point since it's going to go away pretty soon anyway.

Guest juantech

I know, i'm working on video but it's taking it's sweet time, once that is done everything gets updated to 3.10, i'm going to try to make a kernel with just HDMI fixes for you to test though, i'll PM you either later tonight or tomorrow with it.

Hopefully it's just the forgotten lines and a few lines to DC that is needed, if not i'm going to have to review it after i'm done with the update, it's impossible to review all the code for HDMI at this point since it's going to go away pretty soon anyway.

ok i will test it so fast what i can, thank you very much for all you are doing for us.

and why will go away the hdmi code later? its something related to the future 6.0 rom or future kernel code?

Edited by juantech

Guest Mayazcherquoi

<lot's of images here>

Please learn how to use ADB, or somehow find a way to save the log to a text file, rather than uploading a lot of screenshots. 

Guest juantech

Please learn how to use ADB, or somehow find a way to save the log to a text file, rather than uploading a lot of screenshots. 

i would post all in a spoiler, but how allways i have problems to post in modaco, i had to post withouth a spoiler, the next time i would try to post it best, with the txt and spoiler, if i cant i will post only the txt file if its the same.

Edit: i updated it, now i think what yes its nice posted :)

Edited by juantech

Guest TJHookr

i would post all in a spoiler, but how allways i have problems to post in modaco, i had to post withouth a spoiler, the next time i would try to post it best, with the txt and spoiler, if i cant i will post only the txt file if its the same.

I recommend using SysLog as a oneclick logcollector really simple and it even offers to mail or share the zipped logs after the gathering

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog

Guest NothingSerious

Actually, he meant something like this:

testlogcatplsignore.txt

Question: is there a way (possibly not to complicated) to make volume rocker controlling music when screen off? I've tried to install xposed (since exists a module that implements this feature) but I got bootloop after flashing the framework (though I'm pretty sure I've choose the right one for this phone)

And, could you suggest a good combination of settings in kernel adiutor?

Guest juantech

Question: is there a way (possibly not to complicated) to make volume rocker controlling music when screen off? I've tried to install xposed (since exists a module that implements this feature) but I got bootloop after flashing the framework (though I'm pretty sure I've choose the right one for this phone)

And, could you suggest a good combination of settings in kernel adiutor?

i use this: http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/376425-personal-tweaks-and-configurations

and about the volume audioFX have various options, im not sure but changing reverberation to great room would can be helpfull, but if you want to use much volume i see important add the build.prop tweaks of the link.

Sorry, maybe I didn't explain well myself: my purpose is to skip track when playing music while screen off by long-pressing the volume up button

And yes, I've already read your configuration, but it doesn't suit me

Guest juantech

Sorry, maybe I didn't explain well myself: my purpose is to skip track when playing music while screen off by long-pressing the volume up button

And yes, I've already read your configuration, but it doesn't suit me

i would can thinked what you like the rock music but i would never think what you wanted to say this xD

jetaudio have an option for shake the phone and change of song, for if you like this.