SlimROM 5.1.1 featuring MourtaKernel Hybrid [2016-03-24]

Guest Mourta

Guest Mourta

New kernel release.

Because of recent events the upgrade to 3.10 has been held back but i'll publish the code on my github before i leave, i'm making a WIP branch, I'm halfway through the upgrade to the new suspend/resume code that we need to implement the rest of 3.10 and fully updated for most parts apart from those dependent on that.

Support your troops.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Alogim

Unfortunately, this latest kernel release doesn't work very good for me. It sometimes gives me black screens. I'll try to install this from scratch and provide a log.
By the way, muting a call still gives me the black screen problem, even by using awesome player as suggested.

Guest NothingSerious
4 hours ago, Alogim said:

Unfortunately, this latest kernel release doesn't work very good for me. It sometimes gives me black screens. I'll try to install this from scratch and provide a log.
By the way, muting a call still gives me the black screen problem, even by using awesome player as suggested.

Try using another launcher other than Slim's default one.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Alogim

Already done, as Mourta said. Am I the only one having this problem? It really is not suitable for an every day use, at least for me.
As soon as I have time, I try to reinstall this and provide some feedbacks.

Guest juantech
8 hours ago, Alogim said:

Already done, as Mourta said. Am I the only one having this problem? It really is not suitable for an every day use, at least for me.

No, you are not the only one, return to the other last version, is best.

Edited by juantech

Guest NothingSerious
On 18/4/2016 at 2:12 PM, Alogim said:

On 18/4/2016 at 4:16 PM, juantech said:

No, you are not the only one, return to the other last version, is best.

Can I assume that you both did a clean kernel install and not a dirty flash? I'm currently at an uptime of 220 hours (ironically with Slim Launcher cause everything else just sucks)

Though to be honest, the biggest issue here is the ROM itself.

Edited by NothingSerious

Guest juantech

Yes, i did wipe cache and dalvik and flash iso image, but i didnt changed the launcher, i dindt have internet for download it and i forgot this but i returned to the other version, never mind.

• 2 months later...
Guest juantech

Hello guys, while i was charging the phone(with the phone off) appeared a thing what says:

SW update

please wait while installing...

This is normal?

Guest NothingSerious
4 hours ago, juantech said:

Hello guys, while i was charging the phone(with the phone off) appeared a thing what says:

SW update

please wait while installing...

This is normal?

Plugging the phone to a charger/USB while holding down the Volume Down button will cause this.

It is usually used to reset your device to the stock firmware via KDZ files. Also known as Download Mode.

In other words, ignore it and reboot.

Edited by NothingSerious

Guest Mourta
7 hours ago, juantech said:

thanks for the fast answer, i thinked what was a virus or something xD

You may be interested in knowing that Vanir 6.0.1 has been in testing for a while and while it's not 4.4.... I have to say that compared to Slim it's like night and day.

Not quite done with the adaptations for a solid base yet but when we do reach that point it will be released in one version.

Then NothingSerious updates come into play and i am banging my head at a wall for not realizing this sooner but the ROM actually has to be specifically built with that to work, most notably, our phone has to fake a Tegra4 in some cases, this is done by a very very simple patchup to allow it to create sync fences.

With that and my new powermanager as well as the new tegra code (suspend to idle) we are going to have a very nice time with battery life and performance (the scores are fairly low but consistently over 23 000 which is promising since i haven't added one line of optimized options for this build yet.

Well, except hardfp, Tegra4 GLES is hardfp so not using that is just silly.

Guest MarkoMbre
You may be interested in knowing that Vanir 6.0.1 has been in testing for a while and while it's not 4.4.... I have to say that compared to Slim it's like night and day.

Not quite done with the adaptations for a solid base yet but when we do reach that point it will be released in one version.

Then NothingSerious updates come into play and i am banging my head at a wall for not realizing this sooner but the ROM actually has to be specifically built with that to work, most notably, our phone has to fake a Tegra4 in some cases, this is done by a very very simple patchup to allow it to create sync fences.

With that and my new powermanager as well as the new tegra code (suspend to idle) we are going to have a very nice time with battery life and performance (the scores are fairly low but consistently over 23 000 which is promising since i haven't added one line of optimized options for this build yet.

Well, except hardfp, Tegra4 GLES is hardfp so not using that is just silly.

So glad you are building a marshmallow rom![emoji2] But i hate this hype u make cause i know we have to wait for it, and u brag about the rom... Hopes it is up soon...

Guest juantech

wow what a great news :) if will be so difference between 5.1 and 6.0 would be a great rom!!! i like all im hearing for here, i see you and your team did a great progress.

Guest NothingSerious
5 hours ago, MarkoMbre said:

So glad you are building a marshmallow rom!emoji2.png But i hate this hype u make cause i know we have to wait for it, and u brag about the rom... Hopes it is up soon...

See you in 3 years, then!

When something goes into testing, it usually ends up getting released in the same month, unless IRL issues come up or if one of the testing vers cause third degree burns etc etc.

Edited by NothingSerious

Guest Mayazcherquoi
12 hours ago, Mourta said:

What benefits over 4.4 will this provide? Would it be smoother for the device?

Guest NothingSerious
22 minutes ago, Mayazcherquoi said:

He's saying it in a negative way. 4.4 will be better for this device.

Guest Mourta
32 minutes ago, Mayazcherquoi said:

Well given that i can use all new stuff from 6.0.1 in 4.4 it won't offer any benefits at all.

Things like the new ART are easily backported to 4.4 so it will be better.

Guest Mourta
7 hours ago, MarkoMbre said:

So glad you are building a marshmallow rom!emoji2.png But i hate this hype u make cause i know we have to wait for it, and u brag about the rom... Hopes it is up soon...

You could just not read my posts, that may be easier if me reporting what the testing version is capable of is causing these grave anger issues for you.

Guest MarkoMbre

You could just not read my posts, that may be easier if me reporting what the testing version is capable of is causing these grave anger issues for you.

then how would i know that u released something?[emoji1]

Guest Mourta
1 hour ago, MarkoMbre said:

then how would i know that u released something?emoji1.png

If i release something new there will be a new thread for it.

• Guest pinned this topic