Lollipop Update hell

Guest Munky79

Guest Munky79

I have had the bootloop update issue, i used the methods to re enable the Developer mode, Fastboot works, i have reflashed the Paul R1 build so back to pre-rooted stock, I know how to disable the hudlupdate.apk in system so can get back to a working system again. I for the love of my sanity need help installing Lollipop`update. I cant seem to get into CWM tether as fails install.

I just want Lollipop its frying my nut and borderline giving up and crying,please give simple instructions as my last grey matter smells like a snuffed out candle now.

thanks

Bloody started to work. now my head is circling

Edited by Munky79

Guest mad cabbie

Be careful what you wish for. My hudl 2 now lags a good 'un, battery is appalling, takes an age to load on start up, and generally feels like an unfinished OS. I would love to install a vanilla rom, as these devices should power through one!

I used to dev on XDA and you can make allsorts of devices run allsorts of android roms, and with the hudl specs, the device could potentially see another couple of releases under it's belt. I don't think Tesco are bothered with these devices, so lets have the source codes / signatures. It's my device, bought with my money so come on.
, so,

Guest popoyaya

Be careful what you wish for. My hudl 2 now lags a good 'un, battery is appalling, takes an age to load on start up, and generally feels like an unfinished OS. I would love to install a vanilla rom, as these devices should power through one!

I used to dev on XDA and you can make allsorts of devices run allsorts of android roms, and with the hudl specs, the device could potentially see another couple of releases under it's belt. I don't think Tesco are bothered with these devices, so lets have the source codes / signatures. It's my device, bought with my money so come on.
, so,

It's been reported that a factory reset after updating resolves all your issues. My hudl is smoother than ever on Lollipop and battery life is greatly improved, and that's without factory reset.

You're right though, it's a powerful machine and deserves more development, unlocking, etc. Has anyone requested Tesco release source code under GPL?

Guest Munky79

Got it working, not rooted and scared to even try, Windows 10 and various other nightmares prevented this from been a smooth job, on another note its really good update. 

How to root eludes me.

Thanks for asking Captain.