Smart ultra 6 rattle?

Guest Kienzel

Guest Kienzel

Hi all. loving my SU6, but got an annoying rattle from the back by the camera when i tap it, got a feeling its the sony camera sensor, or the NFC contacts. Any one else before i stress my voda store out?

cheers.

Depends what you mean by annoying. If I hold the phone up to my ear and shake it I can hear a faint rattle sound (possibly an orientation sensor?) but it's certainly not annoying, and not audible at arms length. Then again didn't you say your case creaks? Mine seems to be solid, with no flex or creaking.

Guest Adrian_B

I get the same thing , Its actully one of the first things i noticed besides the creeking . 

If you put the phone down gently on the floor or even bed you can hear it ever so faintly. I am glad someone else has the same experince as the Delivery driver dropped mine when he got to the door.- 

Edit: @PabUk if you press lifghtly around the edges can you hear clicking or creeking at all ?  

Edited by Adrian_B

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

Hi all. loving my SU6, but got an annoying rattle from the back by the camera when i tap it, got a feeling its the sony camera sensor, or the NFC contacts. Any one else before i stress my voda store out?

cheers.

The solution is... don't tap it. Autofocus mechanisms work by suspending the optics inside a magnetic field which is created around them, using coils and permanent magnets. The voltage supplied to the coil, ergo the magnetic field, ergo the attraction/repulsion, varies depending on how far the optics need to travel. In order for this to work, the optics need to freely move back and forth (and sideways if OIS). When the camera is off, the coils are powered down and the rattle you hear is the optics moving, JARRING, as the shock from your tapping propels them against the end stop of the focus mechanism. 

Just stop tapping it, OK? :)