Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 vs alternative smartphones

Guest PoustniOrel0.50

Guest PoustniOrel0.50

Hi people, recently I am into choosing my next smartphone for Christmas (I know it is far away, but i like to be aware of recent models and I have already made some research through mid-range phones), because mine S III mini is already almost down. In general I am searching for something in mid-range prices and as the title says I am considering between Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 and some others. So this is my ideas of phones i could buy and I would like to get some yours opinios, which one would be the best.

1. Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 - Display, performance, battery life etc. I think everything has the highest quality in this price range, but there are some things I am scared could be the problem. For example overheating issues, bending, no                                                support for next OS.

2. ZTE V5 3 - this mobile has very similar, mostly the same specs as Vodafone Smart Ultra 6, but what more it even has Fingerprint ID and metal body for the same price. Dont know how optimalized it is relative to the speed.

3. Meizu M2 NOTE - lower CPU and GPU specs, but also great optimalization and battery life. This is the phone I am thinking of buying it the least.

4. Alcatel Idol Onetouch 3 - practically same specs as ZTE V5 3 and Vodafone Smart Ultra 6, but premium desing, very quality sound + JBL headphones, maybe better support for next OS and "both side" screen (symmetric desing).                                                 The price is a lot above others, that is the main disadvantage and maybe overall it is not as fast.

OK, these are my thoughts, which are built only on internet reviews and videos, I havent got any experience with these phones, so If you have ideas and opinions, which would be the best, please let me know here :-)

I prefer price (the less is the better, but if it would worth it i have no problem to pay for example for mentioned Alcatel), battery life, smooth system, camera quality and support for next years. Thank you and have a nice day :-)

Edited by PoustniOrel0.50

Guest LiNe171

Alcatel support for next OS? That's funny hahaha

ZTE V5 you don't have technical support for that phone on your country.. You will need to send it to ZTE on China i think, to repair ou substitute phone.. So.. It's crap.

Meizu it's ugly, Mediatek CPU and 1,3ghz..

For me the best it's Ultra 6.. We have CM 12.1, better than Vodafone or ZTE updates. Ionespeaker it's fixing the bugs. We will have it at 100% in few weeks.

Guest PoustniOrel0.50

Thank you for your replies, yes ZTE I know i would have to buy it from abroad and dont have opportunity for comfortable repair and Alcatel the price is quite high relative to Smart Ultra 6. 

Good to hear you guys are here working on developing alternative ROM, as I have CM on my SG III mini it will be great to continue with Ultra 6. 

I hope the Ultra 6 will be the best choice in overall, but if anyone has something to say about this yet, it is appreciate.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Out of those 3 without a doubt the smart Ultra 6, BTW there is no overheating or flex.

There are a couple that I was considering before I got the Vodafone but weren't on sale at that point but are now (I'm not sure of your location so they may not be available to you).

https://www.wileyfox.com/swift/

& the

https://www.wileyfox.com/storm/

Guest LiNe171

Storm it's very good but more expensive.. But 3gb ram, 32gb ROM, multi sim.. CM 12.1 .. Really nice phone.. But it's like ZTE.. No support on your country (shops etc) not sure about this.. Never heard of WileyFox.. But the headquart its on London so.. Maybe you have support.

Edited by LiNe171
Correction

Guest BlueMoonRising

Storm it's very good but more expensive.. But 3gb ram, 32gb ROM, multi sim.. CM 12.1 .. Really nice phone.. But it's like ZTE.. No support on your country (shops etc) not sure about this.. Never heard of WileyFox.. But the headquart its on London so.. Maybe you have support.

They're a brand new UK start up company, that's why I'm not sure they're suitable for the OP.

Guest PoustniOrel0.50

I really like these "Wileyfox" phones, I will check some reviews for sure. Thanks !

EDIT: I would only consider the Storm, however its 2500 mAH battery loses the fight between Smart Ultra 6 for me, but still nice phone, especially design and 20 MPx camera.

Edited by PoustniOrel0.50