VDF-995NB01-PT_MR02a (OS version 5.1). .

Guest lunario

Guest lunario

just to let you know a moderator at Vodafone Portugal says that latest approved firmware is VDF-995NB01-PT_MR02a (OS version 5.1). nothing on ota or zte site  thou..   my ota doesn't work since 15 days ( still says there is an update available on top near the wheel but nothing found)

Guest LiNe171

Imma write this on portuguese to be easier.

O 'atualização disponível' não quer dizer q tens uma atualização disponível.. É apenas o nome da aba dos updates.. Com os outros updates já tem outro nome..

Guest lunario

pois .. já mandei  outro e-mail à zte  com esta firmware para ver o que eles dizem.. provavelmente vão-me dizer que  é o carrier que tem essa responsabilidade . no entanto são boas notícias em principio ;) nada de mr01d também vou  aguardar com a rom de origem

Guest VenâncioFerreira

I have seen  the post at Vodafone Portugal also. 

It can't be a mistake because the moderator said specifically "MR02a".

But its weird that Android 6.0 is already out and Vodafone is going to give us 5.1.

Guest neilmasters

I have seen  the post at Vodafone Portugal also. 

It can't be a mistake because the moderator said specifically "MR02a".

But its weird that Android 6.0 is already out and Vodafone is going to give us 5.1.

Not weird at all. The amount of testing, customisation and hoops that carriers have to jump through is crazy. If we waited for 6 we'd be waiting forever due to eternal product shift.

Guest VenâncioFerreira

Not weird at all. The amount of testing, customisation and hoops that carriers have to jump through is crazy. If we waited for 6 we'd be waiting forever due to eternal product shift.

The Smart Ultra is almost 100% pure stock android. 

Guest lunario

same automated response from zte that i had from the mr01d not being available

Dear Valued ZTE Customer,

Thank you for contacting ZTE.

Regarding your inquiry, we would recommend that you'd better contact your network operator or dealer to consult.

Because the android updated is based on the demand of your local network operator or dealer,

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us!

lets wait.. anyone that has access to that zte dl1zte.com thing can see if that update is there ? ( the server on ota and recoveries topic)

Guest reedo_17

just to let you know a moderator at Vodafone Portugal says that latest approved firmware is VDF-995NB01-PT_MR02a (OS version 5.1). nothing on ota or zte site  thou..   my ota doesn't work since 15 days ( still says there is an update available on top near the wheel but nothing found)

Any chance you can provide the link to the forum post and also a link to the zte site youre checking? please 

Guest LiNe171

Any chance you can provide the link to the forum post and also a link to the zte site youre checking? please 

http://forum.vodafone.pt/t5/Assistência-Manuais-e-Acessórios/Vodafone-Smart-Ultra-6-Update-Via-OTA-Cancelado/td-p/230811

It's Portuguese.. So.. You won't understand i think.. xD

The link doesn't work.. Only says "Welcome to SG server" :\

Guest lunario

yes that's only dl1zte.com but elprroderoque have acess to full site i think because he posted the link to spanish update mr01d like this  http://dl1.ztems.com/zxmdmp/download.do?doWhat=getUp&filename=firmwarepackages/HK/ZTE/Vodafone Smart ultra 6/109458/update_ES_VDF_P839V55V1.0.0B13_to_V1.0.0B07.up . konstat could help also i think.

so maybe through here one can try to see if mr02a is there

Guest lunario
ok guys after 10 emails between zte and me... this is what they have said about VDF-995NB01-PT_MR02a (5.1 upgrade)
[email protected]
5:20 PM (1 hour ago)
to me

Dear Valued ZTE Customer,

Thanks for contacting ZTE.
As the information you shared, this device should be able to support Android 5.1 system, but specific system is still under test and haven't released officially yet, once it is being quality pass, ZTE will launch the system via FOTA upgrade, please allow us sometime

bet is December anyway at last good news from the manufacturer.