OK so how can we get Lollipop rooted ?

Guest samac

Guest social-design-concepts

so i need to know if DNX mode is accessible from hw keys on this device? on most  Intel android baytrail tablets this is done use a three button power on vol up , vol down, and power.  

Guest dennissingh99
8 hours ago, social-design-concepts said:

so i need to know if DNX mode is accessible from hw keys on this device? on most  Intel android baytrail tablets this is done use a three button power on vol up , vol down, and power.  

no that doesn't work it just goes straight into recovery mode

Guest dennissingh99

I just had one question but its a little off topic but bare with me. Why does installing the larger android 5.1 ota using the tethered recovery brick the hudl 2 and is there any way around that problem.sorry if the question sounds stupid.

Guest fcallum77

When the tablet is factory reset, I think it goes back to KitKat and then automatically updates itself to Lollipop. If this is the case, is there a way to reset it and stop it from automatically updating to Lollipop? 

Guest dennissingh99
6 minutes ago, fcallum77 said:

When the tablet is factory reset, I think it goes back to KitKat and then automatically updates itself to Lollipop. If this is the case, is there a way to reset it and stop it from automatically updating to Lollipop? 

No this is not the case. When the tablet is factory reset. Only /data and /cache are wiped. The /system is where lollipop is installed so the tablet doesn't revert to KitKat only the data is deleted.

Guest fcallum77
On 1/24/2016 at 3:11 PM, dennissingh99 said:

When in recovery mode, pressing the volume up key with the power key brings up a screen shown in the picture, could this be any useful??

1384611841_5.jpg

Isn't that just recovery mode?

Guest dennissingh99

Does anyone know if we are still able to use the Manufacturing Flash Tool or the Intel Phone Flash Tool Lite becasue I have tried both of them and they don't work??

Guest fcallum77
23 hours ago, dennissingh99 said:

No this is not the case. When the tablet is factory reset. Only /data and /cache are wiped. The /system is where lollipop is installed so the tablet doesn't revert to KitKat only the data is deleted.

That's a shame.

Guest dennissingh99
1 hour ago, fcallum77 said:

I need you guys to try this. It probably won't work but it is worth a shot. Scroll down to the comments. Because the original post had a few typos and things.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/guide-root-tesco-hudl-2-running-t3126573

This is the tethered recovery method that we have tried before to use however it doesn't work as the fastboot OEM commands don't work. Tesco has fixed the bugs allowing us to use this option so it wouldn't work.

Guest BlackenedEDIT

As dennissingh99 says the triggers no longer work in 5.1. Before the larger lolipop update was installed to the hudl2 there was a much smaller "pre update" that was delivered. This update modified the bootloader I think. This could be useful, does anyone have a copy of that pre lolipop update so we can see what's been changed. Maybe there are modified OEM commands that will work.

Guest dennissingh99
11 hours ago, BlackenedEDIT said:

As dennissingh99 says the triggers no longer work in 5.1. Before the larger lolipop update was installed to the hudl2 there was a much smaller "pre update" that was delivered. This update modified the bootloader I think. This could be useful, does anyone have a copy of that pre lolipop update so we can see what's been changed. Maybe there are modified OEM commands that will work.

http://loadbalancing.modaco.com/download.php?file=hudl2_ota_rel.android-build.20150529.110309_to_rel.android-build.20150803.092218.zip

Just a thought, can the method that was used to unbrick hard bricked Asus Zenfone 2 be used to unbrick hudl 2 with some modifications. The Asus Zenfone 2 unbrick tutorial is both available on xda and youtube. It has got intel chip.