General questions + issues.

Guest Cryptochrome

Guest Cryptochrome

I've noticed that when the blue touch keys are on they flicker for a split second when you go to pull the status bar down. It's not much of a problem but is anyone getting this? Just wanted to know.

EDIT: I've decided to compile my questions and issues into this post so as to make it easier to reply to. Obviously the first one was the flickering keys, but I also wanted to ask whether you can still get updates without using a Vodafone sim. For example, right now I'm using a talkmobile sim and iit's working fine, but I'm worried it might stop me getting updates from Vodafone. Any one know whether this will affect me?

Secondly, the SU6 is supposed to be locked to Vodafone in the UK so I bought an unlock code before I bought the SU6. But when I popped my Talkmobile sim into my phone, it did not prompt me to enter the unlock code and it works fine! I'm not really sure why this is, but if you know please reply.

Thanks

Edited by Cryptochrome

Guest NegativeOne

noticed that when the blue touch keys are on they flicker for a split second when you go to pull the status bar down. It's not much of a problem but is anyone getting this? Just wanted to know.

EDIT: I've decided to compile my questions and issues into this post so as to make it easier to reply to. Obviously the first one was the flickering keys, but I also wanted to ask whether you can still get updates without using a Vodafone sim. For example, right now I'm using a talkmobile sim and iit's working fine, but I'm worried it might stop me getting updates from Vodafone. Any one know whether this will affect me?

Secondly, the SU6 is supposed to be locked to Vodafone in the UK so I bought an unlock code before I bought the SU6. But when I popped my Talkmobile sim into my phone, it did not prompt me to enter the unlock code and it works fine! I'm not really sure why this is, but if you know please reply.

Thank

Touch buttons do flicker for everyone when pulling down notification bar. How did you buy a code before buying the phone? You would have needed the imei number. Not sure why the talk mobile sim would work as all phones should be locked to vf.

Guest BlueMoonRising

I wouldn't have thought that the capacitive buttons flickering a bit when you put your finger near them was even "not much of a problem" myself.

As for your Talkmobile sim that's because being an MVNO they use the Vodafone network so you didn't need an unlock code at all. This would apply to TalkTalk & Sainsbury's sims as well as others.

Guest NegativeOne

Oh and to answer your other question, you will still receive updates using a different sim as long as you don't /mess with the system settings too much.

Guest Cryptochrome

Touch buttons do flicker for everyone when pulling down notification bar. How did you buy a code before buying the phone? You would have needed the imei number. Not sure why the talk mobile sim would work as all phones should be locked to vf.

Thanks. I meant to say that I already had my phone when I bought the unlock code, but I have opened it and just used the IMEI off the box. Do you have any idea why the touch buttons flicker?

EDIT: OK, fingers crossed for 5.1 or even marshmallow :)

Edited by Cryptochrome

Guest Cryptochrome

I wouldn't have thought that the capacitive buttons flickering a bit when you put your finger near them was even "not much of a problem" myself.

As for your Talkmobile sim that's because being an MVNO they use the Vodafone network so you didn't need an unlock code at all. This would apply to TalkTalk & Sainsbury's sims as well as others.

OK thanks that explains it.