Phone 'gives up' on connecting to WIFI that has poor to fair signal strength

Guest GeorgeR010

Guest GeorgeR010

This is probably the most annoying problem I'm experiencing at the moment and likely to make me return it. As the title says, whenever the WIFI strength is around the 'fair' mark, the SU6 seems to just drop the connection.  But sometimes it will still display the network in the WIFI settings page, showing the connection as 'fair'. Yet when I select the network, it says 'connecting' and then reverts back to 'saved'. I have to then move closer to the hub for it to connect. My other android phone, an Iphone and my laptop all connected to this network in exactly the same location. This has been the case on more than one network. 

Anyone else having similar issues?
Any tips/advice? 

Thanks

Guest elperroderoke

Lot of people complained about this kind of wifi problems in Spain and Vodafone/ZTE after a lot of time recononized the problem and worked on it. The result of that was the Spanish's ES _MR01d_2 firmware that solved the problem. I don't know if the problem was the same becuase here in Spain was something general not just a cuple of persons, and I have not see many people complain about wi-fi isues in this forum.

Regards.

Edited by elperroderoke

Guest GeorgeR010

Lot of people complained about this kind of wifi problems in Spain and Vodafone/ZTE after a lot of time recononized the problem and worked on it. The result of that was the Spanish's ES _MR01d_2 firmware that solved the problem. I don't know if the problem was the same becuase here in Spain was something general not just a cuple of persons, and I have not see many people complain about wi-fi isues in this forum.

Regards.

Hmm interesting, does it give my location when I post comments? The thing is, I recall encountering the problem before flying to Spain.

Guest elperroderoke

No, it doesn't give your location.

The thing is that something happens with this phone and Wi-fi in Spain because the problem was general in Spain and phones were sent back to VF and changed for another new phone for lot of people but the same problem where present in the new phone too. But I have not see any comment about wi-fi problems in UK or other country.

Regards.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Try forgetting the connection and then sign back in.

Also check from the router page when you're connected again that you're not sharing an internal IP address.