Remove/change carrier name

Guest NegativeOne

Guest NegativeOne

Hi people, has anyone figured out a way to change the carrier name or remove it completely. None of the xposed modules seem to do it on this device. 

Guest NegativeOne

Impossible to do.

ha I set myself up for that one!Just thought with one it two people here capable of porting ROMs they may know what to edit to change it. 

Guest psychomuppet

It bugged me,  so I removed it using the 'xposed lag no more' instructions to install xposed.  You have to follow them exactly to get no lag,  booting when it says etc,   then I added text replace model and just replaced 'vodafone UK' with nothing.  I dont have my phone on me or Id say the exact module name,  but it was easy to find.

Guest patient81
It bugged me,  so I removed it using the 'xposed lag no more' instructions to install xposed.  You have to follow them exactly to get no lag,  booting when it says etc,   then I added text replace model and just replaced 'vodafone UK' with nothing.  I dont have my phone on me or Id say the exact module name,  but it was easy to find.

Is that the name of the module? Text replace?

Guest NegativeOne

thanks for sharing, this worked perfectly.

Is that the name of the module? Text replace?

module is called custom text, once activated search for systemui and replace type in the name of your current provider the same way as its spelt in the status bar and then type below whatever you want or leave blank.

Guest patient81
thanks for sharing, this worked perfectly.module is called custom text, once activated search for systemui and replace type in the name of your current provider the same way as its spelt in the status bar and then type below whatever you want or leave blank.

It worked, thanks for the assistance.