Restart and strange vertical bands ;o(

Guest sniktaw

Guest sniktaw

Hi,

BTW, also posted on XDA so apologies if the duplication annoys anyone ;o)

anyone have any idea what's happening here?

Get daily restarts that appear inconsistent in nature (sometimes browsing, sometimes upgrading apps with Play store, etc) and result in the white vertical bands you can see in the photos. The screen 'twitches' for want of a better word whilst the phone boots normally. If I wait until fully booted then turn screen off/on the bands disappear and phone is 'normal' again until the next time.
Not rooted and only mod is dpi set to 380. UK03c build.

thanks,

Daz

Image 2.jpg

Image 1.jpg

Guest BlueMoonRising

Hardware problemas. Change it on store.

I'd have thought that since he's changed the DPI that that would be a more likely culprit initially at least. Change the DPI back and try it for awhile.

Guest Mike347

I've had this exact error from day one with the same version as yours, no DPI changes on my version.

It happened once, I stupidly assumed it was a one off and proceeded to unlock and install TWRP - it then happened again a couple of times so I flashed over to the ROM posted on these forums (the reduced version without all the default play apps).

It continues to happen - mostly when I'm in the Guardian UK app or Chrome. Only happened once outside those two apps. Not sure I've got an option of returning the phone with the mods I've made - suppose I could try a complete restore.

Guest Adrian_B

I had exactly the same issue today and fingers crossed it was just a one off.  Had the phone for 2 ish months and its the first time I have had a problem.  UK03C aswell . Maybe it's the firmware ?

Guest Lukas4477

I've also had this issue a couple of times, it first happened when I tried to enter bootloader and had to restart the phone. 

I noticed it also happens when the phone restarts when I'm hammering the ram. 

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Mike347

The update to Turkish 5.1.1 (and fluxRom) seems to have made this issue disappear for me. Haven't had a restart since I upgraded to either of them and I was getting 5-6 of these a day. Anyone else had a restart like this since upgrading to 5.1.1?

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

I've never realised how much I dislike the white variant until now, having seen it. Those hardware button legends have nowhere to hide, when unlit, on that white bezel (well they would have had been hidden if the hardware had been thoughtfully and intelligently designed).

Edited by macbreakweeklyfan