How do I backup the apk of an installed app?

Guest Asselberghs

Guest Asselberghs

Hello MoDaCo.

I herd on reddit and another news source that Tasker has been pulled from Android´s Play Store. Lo and behold, I can´t find it. 
It´s lucky then that I have it installed. 
But now I wonder and fear a bit, that I will end in a situation where I have to factory reset my Oneplus One and loose Tasker. It´s a neat little app.
Is there any way that I can generate an APK from the installed program?
I have a Oneplus One 64 GB edition also known as the Sandstone Black version.
As such I have no SD to back it up to, only internal storage, from where I should be able to extract it by connecting it to my PC or store it in something like Dropbox.
But first I need to figure out how to get the APK. Do you know if this can be done, and if it can, how to do it? 
I hope to hear from you soon. I have yet to encounter a problem that the MoDaCo users can´t solve, I hope you can help me with this as well. 
Thanks Guys.

Kind Regards

Asselberghs

Guest popoyaya

Use a file explorer like ES to browse to the root of your phone. The installed apk's should be in the data/app folder. It'll probably be called something other than "tasker.apk" so look out for the icon. Copy the apk to a folder accessible from your pc, e.g. downloads.

Edited by popoyaya

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
Guest seoking

Search for "Es File Explorer File Manager" on the Play Store

I honestly think this is the easiest ways to do this.

All you do is

• Click "Fast Access" button in the top left corner

• Open the "Tools" sub-section

• Tap "App Manager"

All of your apps should show up there and you can tap-hold to select the app you want to back up and on the bottom bar, a "backup" button will appear. Just hit that and your apps .apk file will appear in "/sdcard/backups"

Regards, 9Apps Vidmate

Cartoon HD

Edited by seoking

• 1 month later...
Guest lukashik

Auf einigen Versionen von Android gibt es keine Unterstützung für die Sicherung des Systems, so dass Benutzer auf verschiedene Anwendungen zurückgreifen, die im Play Market voll sind. In diesem Artikel werden wir die häufigste und bequemste betrachten, nämlich es Explorer.

Laden Sie das Programm auf Ihrem Gerät herunter und starten Sie es und gehen Sie zum Hauptmenü. Dort gehen Sie zu «Bibliotheken» und wählen Sie «Apps». Bevor Sie eine vollständige Liste aller auf dem Gerät installierten Anwendungen sehen. Sie sollten diejenigen beachten, deren Backups Sie speichern möchten.

Sobald die Programme ausgewählt sind, Tippen Sie auf die Schaltfläche «Sichern» und warten Sie, bis die Sicherung abgeschlossen ist
Nachdem die Sicherung abgeschlossen ist, wird ein Fenster mit der Adresse angezeigt, an der die Sicherung gespeichert wurde. In der Regel ist dies der Ordner «Movierulz» im Stammverzeichnis des Geräts.

Die Datei sollte von dort auf die SD-Karte und auf andere Geräte wie einen USB-Stick und einen Computer verschoben werden und in den cloud-Speicher Ihres Google-Kontos hochgeladen werden. Wenn die Datei im Stammordner des Geräts gespeichert wird, werden die Einstellungen auf die Werkseinstellungen zurückgesetzt und die Daten werden nicht wiederhergestellt.

Die Sicherung zu entpacken ist sehr einfach. Gehen Sie einfach in das Verzeichnis mit der APK-Datei, klicken Sie darauf und bestätigen Sie die Installation. Warten Sie, bis die Installation abgeschlossen ist, und starten Sie Ihr Gerät neu. Nach dem Neustart werden alle Apps und Kontakte wieder verfügbar sein.

Edited by lukashik

• 1 month later...
Guest Robko9sCoccyx

I've just download File Expert to backup the apk of installed apps on my phone. Simply click the checkmark box on the app that you want to backup as an APK file or find it on APKNite if it's available. 

• 5 months later...
Guest ZelganGlom

An effective backup to check if your engine has a problem is an OBDII Bluetooth scanner https://theeffectiveguide.com/best-obd2-scanner/best-obdii-bluetooth-scanner-reviews/.  It enable mobile devices to become diagnostic scan tools when plugged into the car’s OBDII connector through Bluetooth, WiFi and USB adapter cables. Such a great tool right?

Edited by ZelganGlom

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest pinknemo13
On 8/29/2019 at 2:33 PM, Robko9sCoccyx said:

I've just download File Expert to backup the apk of installed apps on my phone. Simply click the checkmark box on the app that you want to backup as an APK file or find it on APKNite if it's available. mxplayer

tried it's not working for me any other solution?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by pinknemo13

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Aperient

If you are looking for a comfortable and sturdy mattress, you should try Purple mattress  https://bestmattressesreviews.org/purple-mattress-reviews/. The Purple Mattress is unique from its competitors because of its hyper-elastic polymer, which is unlike any other mattress material on the market. So you will never go wrong with this.

Edited by Aperient