Screen lock coming on during call causing microphone to cut out?

Guest booms81

Guest booms81

Hi all,

I’ve got this strange bug with my SU6 and was wondering if anyone else is seeing the same thing.

My phone’s on the stock 5.0.2 and as far as I’m aware I don’t have any strange settings regarding calling. I normally use a pattern for security that kicks in after 5 minutes without use, and with the ‘power button locks immediately’ setting turned to off.

When I try and make or receive a call, everything works fine for a few seconds – then the screen turns off as I bring it up to my head – (fairly standard, using the proximity sensor). But then the screen lock kicks in and the person at the other end can’t hear me, though I can still hear them. If I unlock the screen lock on the phone everything works fine till the next time I pick the phone up to my ear.

I’m still trying to test what does/doesn’t bring it on. I’ve found that by turning off my screen password altogether – the problem is gone. But obviously that leaves me with a totally unsecure phone.

After some Googling I can’t find anyone in the world who’s got the same problem – so wondering if it might be an SU6 thing?

Any similar experiences or ideas for what might be causing this?