WhatsApp Sending Videos Issues Since Updating

Guest Tom165

Hi guys,

Since upgrading to Turkish 5.1 Whatsapp doesnt seem to send videos very well at all. It hangs spinning/pending for around 5 minutes before very slowly sending and its 100% not a signal issue as the phone has been tested on fibre broadband and 4G. 

Has anyone else tried sending videos on Whatsapp with 5.1?

Thanks

Tom

Guest tiagoaleks

I have tried it and it works like a charm.

Using 5.1 portugal

Hello, vitorhugooliveir.

You are using version 5.1 from Vodafone Portugal? I have one, but still has version 5.0.2. The update didn't show yet. When doid it start rolling?

Or i understtod wrong, and you are using version 5.1 from another country, in Portugal?

Best wishes.

Still nothing I'm afraid. Did all the above and even went back to the old base ROM and updated OAT to the UK 5.1. First app to reinstall is WhatsApp and exactly the same problem! Video just spins on sending and after 10 minutes it starts to send but very very slowly. 

This was not a problem before updating to 5.1 Turkey or UK. Any advice please? 

Also wiped cache from bootloader screen. 

Screenshot_2015-12-12-16-07-48.png

Guest Frostyjim
2 hours ago, Tom165 said:

Still nothing I'm afraid. Did all the above and even went back to the old base ROM and updated OAT to the UK 5.1. First app to reinstall is WhatsApp and exactly the same problem! Video just spins on sending and after 10 minutes it starts to send but very very slowly. 

This was not a problem before updating to 5.1 Turkey or UK. Any advice please? 

Also wiped cache from bootloader screen. 

Screenshot_2015-12-12-16-07-48.png

When you pull down the notification bar what does the uploading notification message say? If it says waiting for network it may point you in the right direction at least.

Guest BlueMoonRising
15 hours ago, Frostyjim said:

When you pull down the notification bar what does the uploading notification message say? If it says waiting for network it may point you in the right direction at least.

I think you're probably correct, nobody has mentioned that he's trying to send a 16 minute video via HSPA. 

Has the OP tried WiFi or a strong 4G signal.

Guest BlueMoonRising
1 hour ago, LiNe171 said:

16:06 its the clock time. The video is 00:05 seconds.

Whoops, my bad. :(

I thought it was 5 seconds into the video, I never spotted the differing fonts.

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

Okay, I've just encountered this stupid bug when trying to send a mere 9MB video file; I've tried numerous times, force-stopped WhatsApp a few times, uninstalled and reinstalled it to no avail - it REFUSES to send the video. Either this is SU6-specific or an app bug, but pretty annoying.

[UPDATE]:

It sent in the end, whilst I was downstairs cooking. Weird that it would take SO long.

Edited by macbreakweeklyfan

• 3 weeks later...

On 5.1.1 UK - Just tried to send a large file (about 18mb, attached from gallery, taken video using the camera, not from whatsup) and experiencing the same slowness -  takes ages to send (or convert & send). Reinstalled, no help. Works fine on other phones. Also, work fine with IMO.

Edited by mar_uk