Best camera settings/app

Guest booms81

Guest booms81

Hi all,

Loving my SU6 but wondered if any has any tips for getting the best out of the camera?

I’m really happy with the selfie camera, seems to take point and shoot pics really well and nice and fast.

With the main camera on the back, my experience isn’t so good. Using the standard app seems to have a slow shutter speed and seems to miss being in focus. HDR (which normally solves my problems on cheaper smartphones) produces really weird washed out results – exactly the opposite of what HDR shold do.

I’ve also tried the Google Camera app, and ‘A Better Camera’ with their standard and HDR settings. On some of these there's bizarre artefacts where part of the picture looks black and white.

I’m not trying to win any photography competitions! Does anyone have any recommendations for the best settings/app for a simple point and shoot?

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest mrflibbles

It's not an official app.

I *believe* the "Snapdragon Camera" app was found pre-installed on a Qualcomm based phone, someone ripped it from the handset with the required HW drivers and users have been uploading it to lots of Qualcomm based handsets.

Because it requires a new OS hardware driver to be installed you can't just download an APK install it and go. It needs to be flashed via Recovery.

You can Google for "Snapdragon Camera V2.1" and find a ZIP which can be flashed via TWRP.

But the SU6 doesn't come with TWRP installed. You'll have to do that first.

Take care where you get your files from. You don't want to install something containing a trojan etc.

• 4 months later...

Idk which one is shittier, the stock CyanogenMod camera app or the snapdragon app.

Both apps have show me a sort of pixelized front camera photos.

And no, the stock ROM with the stock camera app does not show these problems.