Stock UK 4.1.1 recovery image needed

Guest ZakalweC

Guest ZakalweC

Does anyone have this / could upload it please?

The UK version isn't in the thread here: http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/375788-vodafone-smart-ultra-6-stock-roms-otas-and-recoveries/

I tried a couple like the Ireland/Spain ones but they didn't work.

Basically I rooted my phone fine and flashed TWRP for 5.0.1(5.0.2*), not realizing that the phone was still on android 4.1.1(4.4.2*), so now I have no recovery at all, and in settings > about > software updates there's no OTA, so I can't upgrade and then flash TWRP again to get it working.

Any advice on what I can do other than wait until the OTA update is available?

I've got the .up file for it but I don't think you can apply them without a working recovery? Cant find out how to do it anyway.

thanks in advance.

Edited by ZakalweC

Guest BlueMoonRising

I'm guessing you mean 5.1.1? If so I don't think there is one directly, the UK update was only partial so you'd have to flash 5.0.2 and then update to 5.1.1

They are listed elsewhere on here.

Guest ZakalweC
4 minutes ago, BlueMoonRising said:

I'm guessing you mean 5.1.1? If so I don't think there is one directly, the UK update was only partial so you'd have to flash 5.0.2 and then update to 5.1.1

They are listed elsewhere on here.

Yes but I can't flash anything because my recovery is broke, I need the stock recovery image for android 4.1.1 to flash with flashify.

Thanks

Guest ZakalweC
4 minutes ago, LiNe171 said:

Yeah, maybe read the post first, condescend later?

Oh and yes, I made a mistake with the version numbers in my post. terribly sorry.

Edited by ZakalweC

Guest LiNe171

Try to flash 5.0.2 TWRP and flash the stock recovery zip on TWRP, dont need to be the UK one.. Then install the 5.0.2 stock ROM or go to zte support and download the 5.1.1 ROM and install it

Guest BlueMoonRising
6 minutes ago, ZakalweC said:

Yeah, maybe read the post first, condescend later?

Oh and yes, I made a mistake with the version numbers in my post. terribly sorry.

To be fair version numbers are rather important for a subject like this. And you should have looked first, http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/375554-recovery-twrp-2870/?page=5 it's the very first pinned thread. page 5 will help I think.

Guest femilovechild

The phone came with android 5, so how did you end up with android 4.1.1 on yours? Anyway, go to modaco. There is a thread there just for OTAs, roms, and recovery files. Best wishes.

Guest ZakalweC

7 minutes ago, BlueMoonRising said:

To be fair version numbers are rather important for a subject like this. And you should have looked first, http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/375554-recovery-twrp-2870/?page=5 it's the very first pinned thread. page 5 will help I think.

This recovery.img may work, but it sounds like the guy he's responding to is not on 4.2.2 and any recovery images for 502 or 511 don't work

...just tried it and no dice. white screen appears as if it's going to load but then reboots.

Guest ZakalweC
5 minutes ago, femilovechild said:

The phone came with android 5, so how did you end up with android 4.1.1 on yours? Anyway, go to modaco. There is a thread there just for OTAs, roms, and recovery files. Best wishes.

I have no idea, I literally took it out of the box yesterday and haven't done anything but root it, I thought it was supposed to be on 5 myself which is why I started by flashing the TWRP recovery for that. should have checked the version I guess. but basically sounds like I'm badword with regard to this phone now since I doubt anyone has a stock UK 4.1.1 recovery image.. worth a shot anyway.

Guest ZakalweC
6 minutes ago, femilovechild said:

First question. What's your android version and build number

"android version: 4.4.2" ( I just noticed I said 4.1.1 again in another post, godamnit )

"build number: kitkat"

Edited by ZakalweC

Guest femilovechild
12 minutes ago, ZakalweC said:

"android version: 4.4.2" ( I just noticed I said 4.1.1 again in another post, godamnit )

"build number: kitkat"

this cannot/should not be right. like i said, phone came by default with android 5. unless you have flashed a wrong rom on your phone, you should be on 5 as shown in the attached picture. i am currently on 5.1.1 as shown. with the build number vdf-995nb01-tr_mr02b. confirm this by posting a picture.

2015_12_30_10.58.08.png

Guest femilovechild

I've read the thread better now. Like @LiNe171 said, flash the twrp 5.0.2 recovery, then the stock recovery, and you should be fine. Use flashify. I am guessing you still have root. If not, you need to root first and then follow the procedure to install the required recovery.

Guest BlueMoonRising
54 minutes ago, Frostyjim said:

Are you 100% sure its a smart ultra 6 you have?

Lol, you beat me to it.

Edit: both the Vodafone Smart 4 max & Vodafone Smart first 6 are both advertised as being on 4.4

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/pay-as-you-go/vodafone-smart-4-max-payg/sku85852-black

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/pay-as-you-go/vodafone-smart-first-6-payg/sku86188-black

I think a 'whoops' is in order.

Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest BlueMoonRising
17 hours ago, Frostyjim said:

Last online 3 hours ago! 

I've got him down as last visiting on the 30th of December, did you check my profile instead? 

Guest Frostyjim
1 hour ago, BlueMoonRising said:

I've got him down as last visiting on the 30th of December, did you check my profile instead? 

Almost I mixed him up with femilovechild!