R/W System Thread

Guest Ozomax1997

Guest Ozomax1997

Could you guys supply information on your system R/W.

I believe some people have read write on there system partition, and some of us dont (me for example) if you could supply information on the hardware/ software you are using and if you are rooted that would be awesome.

Guest cashflow67
On 31.12.2015 at 3:35 AM, Ozomax1997 said:

Could you guys supply information on your system R/W.

I believe some people have read write on there system partition, and some of us dont (me for example) if you could supply information on the hardware/ software you are using and if you are rooted that would be awesome.

You should thank God for your unprotected system patition. You lucky man. I have a system protected phone and I can't use root compeletely. I dcurse ZTE everyday. Root is a kind of fake. Because I can't edit build.prop file, I can't remove preinstalled system apps. After restart my all doings return to stock and system and preinstalled apps are still in there :D I use root only for greenify(Limited only root). Look at this, I can't install xposed because it lags like hell(while installing xposed it writes build prop something). So you should thank God everyday that you have unprotected system partition phone.

7 hours ago, cashflow67 said:

You should thank God for your unprotected system patition. You lucky man. I have a system protected phone and I can't use root compeletely. I dcurse ZTE everyday. Root is a kind of fake. Because I can't edit build.prop file, I can't remove preinstalled system apps. After restart my all doings return to stock and system and preinstalled apps are still in there :D I use root only for greenify(Limited only root). Look at this, I can't install xposed because it lags like hell(while installing xposed it writes build prop something). So you should thank God everyday that you have unprotected system partition phone.

i guess u haven't searched around much. just use twrp for that, its annoying but works. xposed works perfect on this phone with the build.prop tweak

Guest Ozomax1997

My system is read only, I feel your Pain.

I have managed to get some apps installed on the system through TWRP I have had a problem with the walkman app though, after updating it in the playstore it has disappeared. The phone doesn't even relise its in the system partition, whenever I download it from playstore I get error "-505" any ideas?

The music icon im using now is Google play music  

Screenshot_2016-01-01-21-00-57.png

Guest shootomanUK

I'm read only too :/

was wondering if it's worth trying an earlier firmware ? im on the latest.

or could we flash a kernel from another vodafone rom that has an R/W system ?

or does the locked bootloader prevent us ?

Guest jaysnotcool

Emailed ZTE querying protected system partition and received this:

Your ZTE Vodafone 995N(Vodafone)

Dear Valued ZTE Customer

Thanks for contacting ZTE.

The system partition for the UK Vodafone 995N can't be changed unless you root the phone;

But if you root the phone, the device is no longer in warranty, we can't provide you any warranty service.

Should there be further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards!

Guest LiNe171

Yeah, another member received that too and after he sended another email saying that he doesn't care about warranty they sended a tutorial of how to factory reset the phone.. :|

Guest cashflow67
On 01.01.2016 at 10:26 PM, kunft said:

i guess u haven't searched around much. just use twrp for that, its annoying but works. xposed works perfect on this phone with the build.prop tweak

I can't edit build prop in TWRP. I installed xposed.apk then flash xposed latest version, but it lags like hell. For this lag I have to edit build.prop. Can you give me link how to do it?

Guest cashflow67
2 hours ago, LiNe171 said:

Yeah, another member received that too and after he sended another email saying that he doesn't care about warranty they sended a tutorial of how to factory reset the phone.. :|

Which member and whicj tutorial you are talking about? Can you give link?

Guest LiNe171

He sended to me by message on facebook.

Basicly they said to go recovery mode and wipe data/factory reset the phone.

Obviously that doesnt work, such a troll.

Guest cashflow67
7 minutes ago, LiNe171 said:

He sended to me by message on facebook.

Basicly they said to go recovery mode and wipe data/factory reset the phone.

Obviously that doesnt work, such a troll.

I did this with stock recovery and TWRP many times. But still no work! System partition protection is still here :(

44 minutes ago, cashflow67 said:

I can't edit build prop in TWRP. I installed xposed.apk then flash xposed latest version, but it lags like hell. For this lag I have to edit build.prop. Can you give me link how to do it?

that's why you copy your build.prop to some folder, edit it, and put it in place with twrp filemanager (dont forget to set permission 0644) :) 

to remove programs same thing, go to twrp filemanager and delete the folder

hope i helped, i know its kinda of annoying having to do this by twrp but it works

Edited by kunft

Guest cashflow67
On 05.01.2016 at 7:03 PM, kunft said:

that's why you copy your build.prop to some folder, edit it, and put it in place with twrp filemanager (dont forget to set permission 0644) :) 

to remove programs same thing, go to twrp filemanager and delete the folder

hope i helped, i know its kinda of annoying having to do this by twrp but it works

Can you say me how to edit build prob for xposed? What steps should I follow? Can you explain here?

Edited by cashflow67

On 1/7/2016 at 6:23 PM, cashflow67 said:

Can you say me how to edit build prob for xposed? What steps should I follow? Can you explain here?

there was a thread here called xposed lags no more or something like it, just edit the build.prop as instructed there