Honor 7 Marshmallow Root image [B330]

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

I've updated my device to B330 (of course), but I need root too. I didn't see a way to do this at the moment, so I've done a few bits to make it happen.

The process for rooting your device is as follows:

• Download my patched boot image - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid)
  • Extract the zip file
  • Reboot to bootloader ('adb reboot bootloader' or power on with cable connected and volume down pressed)
  • Use fastboot to flash the patched boot image ('fastboot flash boot boot.policypatched.b330.img')
  • Reboot device and push latest SuperSU zip (must be >2.50) to /sdcard
  • Reboot to bootloader and flash TWRP
  • Reboot device and start recovery ('adb reboot recovery')
  • Flash the SuperSU zip
  • Reboot (flash stock recovery image back if desired)

Hey presto, you'll be rooted! Any questions, feel free to ask. :)

I will build this to a full automated 'superboot' (auto root) in due course, but this should get everyone going.

Note that you should not apply future OTAs after rooting without rolling back first (maybe grab a boot and /system backup before flashing the above).

Enjoy! :)

P

h7root.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest 5kyn37
On 11/01/2016 at 0:22 PM, PaulOBrien said:

I've updated my device to B313 (of course), but I need root too. I didn't see a way to do this at the moment, so I've done a few bits to make it happen.

• Download my patched boot image - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid)
  • Extract the zip file
  • Reboot to bootloader ('adb reboot bootloader' or power on with cable connected and volume down pressed)
  • Use fastboot to flash the patched boot image ('fastboot flash boot boot.policypatched.b313.img')
  • Reboot to bootloader and flash TWRP
  • Flash the SuperSU zip

Hey presto, you'll be rooted! Any questions, feel free to ask. :)

I will build this to a full automated 'superboot' (auto root) in due course, but this should get everyone going.

Note that you should not apply future OTAs after rooting without rolling back first (maybe grab a boot and /system backup before flashing the above).

Enjoy! :)

P

Hey paul

I have been a member on xda and now joined here as well and i am grateful for everything your doing for us honor 7 owners and there are few things i would like to tell you its nothing personal just think of it as a general request for some us here which would make life a bit easier instead of us moving on and  joining other forums  for help.

you have told us how you rooted your device which was running b313, Right now most of us are running b330 as one of the member above asked as well  if they can root a different version with this method you provided but no one replied so i had to post as well

I've updated my device to B313 (of course), but I need root too. I didn't see a way to do this at the moment, so I've done a few bits to make it happen.

My point here is we have lack of information on few honor 7 posts /:

• Download my patched boot image - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) >>>>>>>>> Does this boot image root only b313? or all versions including the new b330
  • Extract the zip file
  • Use fastboot to flash the patched boot image ('fastboot flash boot boot.policypatched.b313.img')
  • Reboot to bootloader and flash TWRP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  We dont have official TWRP available for honor 7 so which version would you like us to download?
  • https://twrp.me/Devices/
  • Flash the SuperSU zip

I really like to take part in this forum and create custom rom for honor 7 but the lack of information in every post makes life a bit harder and i have asked couple of times that we need some detailed guide and all i get is the same answer check the other post it has all the information you need but over the other post its the same thing there is information but only related to that topic not the one i need.

I hope you do not take my words in bad way i just wanted to say what i was holding inside and not all of us are pro we all started from some were.

Edited by 5kyn37

Guest PaulOBrien

I'll update this image for B330. Remember this topic was posted when B313 was the latest!

Re: which version of TWRP, I use this one for now - http://forum.xda-developers.com/honor-7/development/recovery-twrp-2-8-7-0-hwplk-plk-l01-t3290306 - but I'm going to do my own TWRP3 when I get time.

The custom ROM template post does have everything you need to package your own ROM, I don't think it can really get much easier. Install template. Make your changes. Follow steps to make your own ROM.

Cheers,

P

Guest 5kyn37

ok

30 minutes ago, PaulOBrien said:

I'll update this image for B330. Remember this topic was posted when B313 was the latest!

Re: which version of TWRP, I use this one for now - http://forum.xda-developers.com/honor-7/development/recovery-twrp-2-8-7-0-hwplk-plk-l01-t3290306 - but I'm going to do my own TWRP3 when I get time.

The custom ROM template post does have everything you need to package your own ROM, I don't think it can really get much easier. Install template. Make your changes. Follow steps to make your own ROM.

Cheers,

P

Thank you Paul for the fast reply

I dont really trust the multi tool  which is for honor 7 available on xda forums i trust you so yeah that is why i want to stick around here

I still cant understand how does the template work to make my own custom rom sorry for being to noob i just want to understand properly before starting making the custom rom.

1- So first of i have to install the custom modaco rom

2- do i have to install the template or just make changes to modaco custom rom and the use the template?

Guest PaulOBrien

1. Install TWRP.

2. Install template over B330.

3. Make your changes.

4. Boot to TWRP and run commands as detailed in the template post to create your rom.

Easy!

P

Guest 5kyn37

Just one last question

3. Make your changes. >>>>>>>>> what happens if the changes has been made before installing the template would that still count?

Guest PaulOBrien
On 4/16/2016 at 0:12 PM, 5kyn37 said:

Just one last question

The template overwrites /system, so your changes would be overwritten.

P

Guest x40002

The requested URL /files/boot.policypatched.b330.zip was not found on this server.

The link isn't working. Where else can I get this file as my phone keeps bootlooping. Was hoping this file would fix that. Thanks.

Guest 5kyn37
20 hours ago, x40002 said:

The requested URL /files/boot.policypatched.b330.zip was not found on this server.

The link isn't working. Where else can I get this file as my phone keeps bootlooping. Was hoping this file would fix that. Thanks.

This image file wont fix your boot loop issue get the stock image files from here that should fix the boot loop