Jump to content

[DEV][ROM][13.11.] CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) for Huawei Y5


Guest KonstaT
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 1/18/2016 at 5:27 PM, KonstaT said:

How to install:

  1. boot into TWRP recovery
  2. backup -> backup (create a nandroid backup of your current ROM)
  3. wipe -> advanced wipe -> wipe /system
  4. wipe -> factory reset
  5. install cm-12.1-xxxxxxxx-KonstaKANG-y560.zip
  6. install open_gapps-arm-5.1-pico-xxxxxxxx.zip
  7. reboot system
  8. if/when recovery asks to install SuperSU - choose no

How to uninstall/revert back to stock? And which one to use, V100R001C577B043, V100R001C577B045 or maybe V100R001C660B00?

On 1/18/2016 at 5:27 PM, KonstaT said:
  • Kernel (stock kernel - Huawei hasn't released proper kernel source for this device and they are currently violating GPLv2)

Is this newer release http://download-c.huawei.com/download/downloadCenter?downloadId=74027&version=271356&siteCode=worldwide still the same (incomplete) as the earlier http://download-c.huawei.com/download/downloadCenter?downloadId=62203&version=205085&siteCode=worldwide&view=true ?

Btw. tnx for great work!

Edited by 321
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 321 said:

How to uninstall/revert back to stock? And which one to use, V100R001C577B043, V100R001C577B045 or maybe V100R001C660B00?

Easiest way is to of course restore a nandroid backup in TWRP that you've created of your stock firmware. Or you can install a stock firmware package from the Huawei support site that matches your original stock firmware version (use matching stock recovery to install).

1 hour ago, 321 said:

Yes. They made it even worse!

On 2/25/2016 at 7:19 PM, KonstaT said:

Today's good news - someone from Huawei finally replied to my emails and they had another try at releasing a kernel source for this device (http://download-c.huawei.com/download/downloadCenter?downloadId=74027&version=271356&siteCode=worldwide). Bad news - it's the same exact incomplete source code they released the last time! Actually they only managed to make it even worse by removing als/proximity sensor driver that this device uses from the build.

There's just no excuse for this, someone deserves to get fired for this. :P I think I have to give up on this device. :( This was the first and last Huawei device I owned and I'm going to strongly advice againts anyone purchacing any Huawei/honor devices!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, skezn said:

@KonstaT Hi, i want install this rom.. It works all good? 4G, Wi-Fi? is good for daily use? and is better than stock rom?

Everything is working fine AFAIK.

Try it and see for yourself. If you don't like it, you can always go back to stock - that's what nandroid backups are for!

Edited by KonstaT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello KonstaT. Perfect build, I've installed it two days ago and it's working smoothly. Just one minor problem: carrier's name is not displayed in the upper left corner. I can only see the carrier's code. I live in Italy, I don't know if this information is useful to explain this unexpected behavior. 

 

Thanks, Daniele 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, daninazza said:

Hello KonstaT. Perfect build, I've installed it two days ago and it's working smoothly. Just one minor problem: carrier's name is not displayed in the upper left corner. I can only see the carrier's code. I live in Italy, I don't know if this information is useful to explain this unexpected behavior. 

Thanks, Daniele 

Hmm, strange. I've tested SIMs from three different carriers with CM12.1/CM13 and all show the carrier name in lockscreen. Is your SIM from some virtual operator (MVNO) that is roaming in other carrier's network? Can you try another SIM?

Another minor issue that could be related. When you go to Settings -> Mobile networks -> Network operators, it only shows the carrier name for the network your using - it shows carrier code for other available networks.

Edited by KonstaT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

Hmm, strange. I've tested SIMs from three different carriers with CM12.1/CM13 and all show the carrier name in lockscreen. Is your SIM from some virtual operator (MVNO) that is roaming in other carrier's network? Can you try another SIM?

Another minor issue that could be related. When you go to Settings -> Mobile networks -> Network operators, it only shows the carrier name for the network your using - it shows carrier code for other available networks.

Dear KonstaT, thanks for your answer. My operator is not virtual (I use Wind). Unfortunately I cannot try another SIM right now but I could be able to do that on Monday. I'll report to you as soon as I do that. I

 

If I go to Settings -> Mobile networks -> Network operators I can see the codes for all the available networks (Tim, Vodafone) but not the names. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi konstakang  I have the same problem daninazza has, I'm from Italy too and I have Tim operator though

 

Screenshot_2016-06-01-16-41-05.png

 

Edited by Tazuya
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tazuya said:

Hi konstakang  I have the same problem daninazza has, I'm from Italy too and I have Tim operator though

That 'network operators' thing is 'normal' as I can reproduce that on my device as well. Just mentioned it because it's a similar problem. I still get the right carrier name in lockscreen (and in network quick settings tile in notification pull down). 

Make sure you have followed installation instructions in third post. Also reboot your device to make sure it's not just some random glitch.

What do these commands return in terminal?

getprop | grep operator
getprop | grep mcc

 

Edited by KonstaT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes I followed those instruction,  I have been using this rom for a week now and I have rebooted many times,  here you go

Great ROM btw, thank you very much,  I was on the edge of throwing away this phone but your ROM changed my mind: better reactivity and battery.  

Have you plans on update thisROM again or are you  focusing only on cm13? 

Screenshot_2016-06-01-18-37-04.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Tazuya said:

Yes I followed those instruction,  I have been using this rom for a week now and I have rebooted many times,  here you go

Great ROM btw, thank you very much,  I was on the edge of throwing away this phone but your ROM changed my mind: better reactivity and battery.  

Have you plans on update thisROM again or are you  focusing only on cm13?

Your gsm.sim.operator.alpha is empty for some reason. I have carrier name there. I also have carrier name in gsm.operator.alpha where you have the carrier code. No idea why. :o

CM12.1 branch has been quite dead for a long time and it's mostly just translations that get merged there days. There's really not much point in doing a 'new' build when it's exactly the same as the previous one. Lack of proper kernel source for this device isn't exactly inspiring either. Currently focusing on other things in life and the little dev I do is for other devices (Recently got a dirt cheap Intel Cherry Trail tablet and just built CyanogenMod for that. Nice change after all the Qualcomm devices I've had, though it wasn't as fun or challenging I had expected.).

Edited by KonstaT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Alexzar said:

Could you please make a video about this because i didnt understood this very well. Thanks a lot

Android needs somewhat complicated process. It's often said that if you don't understand it, maybe it's not for you. My progress so far: read the instructions. Read again. And again. Some day I most likely will do this, and I consider writing down / taking photos/screen shots of the process. I have installed CM 12.1 on Samsung S2 before, and to get it started was a mess. I should have done it via the USB / adb at first. I think the instructions here are pretty comprehensive. Just my thoughts. Some files backup, TWRP first... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@KonstaT Sorry, i don't undertstand a thing, before install this rom i want to understand if the root it is already included in this rom, or i should to install SuperSu after installed TWRP and the rom? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, skezn said:

@KonstaT Sorry, i don't undertstand a thing, before install this rom i want to understand if the root it is already included in this rom, or i should to install SuperSu after installed TWRP and the rom? 

FAQ, third post of this thread. You most definitely shouldn't install SuperSU or you'll only break CM'm built in root management.

Edited by KonstaT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@KonstaT Rom installed, it's a good rom, very fast but the stock launcher have some bugs with the folders. Then there are some lags when i close a single app in multitasking and  i have the same problem of two guys above that is carrier name is not displayed in gsm.operator.alpha.

In the camera there aren't the Panoramic and time laps functions.

 

Edited by skezn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/14/2016 at 6:14 PM, skezn said:

@KonstaT Rom installed, it's a good rom, very fast but the stock launcher have some bugs with the folders. Then there are some lags when i close a single app in multitasking and  i have the same problem of two guys above that is carrier name is not displayed in gsm.operator.alpha.

In the camera there aren't the Panoramic and time laps functions.

Use a third party launcher and camera app then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ahmed Gamal said:

I need Rom  for Huawei y560-u02

Can you do it?? 

That's the one with Spreadtrum SC7731 chipset, right? In that case not going to happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

truly excellent rom for my huawei Y560 - L23 but to install pass several inconvenience will mention : when installing the rom with the patch did not work u23 dual sim me the camera read back after two hours in the forum and interpret I happened to test the patch u23 dual sim cyanogenmod 13 and run good , now I wish you remove the patch dual sim cyanogenmod 12.1 lp of the camera so that it can use in my huawei expliquenmen as ..... or remove files from the camera in the flashable zip patch ..... thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.