Proximity Sensor

Guest Textman

Guest Textman

So, I figured out that the proximity sensor doesn't work too well.  

I tested it out three times. One with a cover over it, one with my hand not too far away, and one pointing it towards the ceiling. 

The first time returned a result of 0, Near. 

The second time returned a result of 5, near. 

The third? Remained at 5. 

Is there any way to make the proximity sensor more sensitive without editing build.prop? 

Guest jason zardecki

Yep here's a list of zte codes your looking for the sensor calibration number. Some of the codes work and some don't but kick in later. Just got them working on my vsu6. Page should look like this.

Guest jason zardecki

Type *#26***# it will say unknown application. 2 mins later go back to the dialer start typing and it kicks in. Only way I have got it to work correctly.

Guest BlueMoonRising
42 minutes ago, Textman said:

So, I figured out that the proximity sensor doesn't work too well.  

I tested it out three times. One with a cover over it, one with my hand not too far away, and one pointing it towards the ceiling. 

The first time returned a result of 0, Near. 

The second time returned a result of 5, near. 

The third? Remained at 5. 

Is there any way to make the proximity sensor more sensitive without editing build.prop? 

As far as I can see, basic proximity sensors return the figures you quote (0 - near, 5 - far). What makes you think you can change that in build.prop?

Guest Textman
39 minutes ago, jason zardecki said:

Type *#26***# it will say unknown application. 2 mins later go back to the dialer start typing and it kicks in. Only way I have got it to work correctly.

I dialed and got the screen as you said. Do I press any button here or just exit? 

Nevermind, it fixed it. Thanks!  

27 minutes ago, BlueMoonRising said:

As far as I can see, basic proximity sensors return the figures you quote (0 - near, 5 - far). What makes you think you can change that in build.prop?

I thought I found it somewhere on Google. And I'm using Device Manager to check the sensor and it says near. I'm checking because AcDisplay is supposed to automatically turn on the screen when it gets far, but instead it turns off immediately, making me think that the proximity sensor has something wrong. 

Edited by Textman

Guest jason zardecki

No just cover the sensor until you get success. Should of read your comment better ( always rush read) I thought you wanted to calibrate the sensor, don't know how to change the distance or light input sorry.