HUDL dead?

Guest Jinjur

Guest Jinjur

Hi gang, 

Non-rooted HUDL 2 here. Lollipop.

Daughter was playing Monument Valley on my HUDL 2 yesterday and turned the screen off while she was having tea.

Returned to it about 15 minutes later and HUDL appeared to be dead, I assumed a flat battery. 

However, the light won't come on when I plug it into a power supply and it wont turn on regardless of what I do. I have tried multiple power supplies including the supplied one......no light, nothing.

I even left it on the power overnight in case it was badly drained, nothing.

Any thoughts? Is it possible for this to just randomly brick?

J

Guest pudpoh

It has likely just crashed, hold down the power button for longer than 10 seconds, this will force it to power off. Once you have done this connect the charger, you will either see a red exclamation mark appear on the screen meaning their is not enough charge to boot up or you will see a large battery symbol. Either way the hudl is charging, just leave it like this until the green light comes on at the top of the device. It should then work normally although it may take longer to start up than normal, this is perfectly normal and it is just android checking it's file system. 

Guest Jinjur

I have tried various combinations of button holding.......including the power button for more than 10 seconds (proper seconds too)........makes no difference.

?

J

Guest Pffcouk

Depending how confident you are you could pop the back off (relatively simple job) and unplug the battery for a bit, this will of course force it to turn off (obvious reasons) and it may work from there

Guest Jinjur

ok still dead despite numerous attempts at starting.....resetting....etc

worth a punt to stick another battery in guys?

actually.....brain fart.....my mum has a HUDL2.....might borrow her battery to see if that starts it up

BON IDEE!

Guest Jinjur

well.....no dice :(

went to mums last night and put the battery from hers into mine.

HUDL initially looked like it was booting but just sat on the "HUDL" logo for about  minutes.....then showed the dead battery icon.

When i lifted it up, the cover over the cpu/mem etc was absolutely scorching.......

Put the battery back into mums and it fired up without complaint at all

ahhh well. that looks like thats that.

take care guys

J