Latest OTA installed and now only boots to recovery. anyone help?.

Guest Gavjbrown

Guest KonstaT

You can only install Portugal MR06b firmware at the moment. Or you can wait for the full UK firmware to come available. ZTE has changed ro.product.device=msm8916_32 -> ro.product.device=P839V55 in this updated firmware (and recovery) which means you can't install old firmware packages with this new stock recovery.

Guest erimhan
3 hours ago, KonstaT said:

You can only install Portugal MR06b firmware at the moment. Or you can wait for the full UK firmware to come available. ZTE has changed ro.product.device=msm8916_32 -> ro.product.device=P839V55 in this updated firmware (and recovery) which means you can't install old firmware packages with this new stock recovery.

I've tried.Working thank you

Guest BlueMoonRising
On 31/03/2016 at 10:38 AM, BlueMoonRising said:

Yours says VDF-995NB02-DE01b, mine is VDF-995NB01-UK_MRO1d although I installed the Turkish rom. I'm UK based BTW and bought it off Amazon UK so presumably it's as indicated, a UK SU6. Yours appears to be German which is perhaps why it threw a wobbler in the OTA update. Can I ask where you got your from? Silly question perhaps (we have had someone trying to put a SU6 rom on a Smart Prime 6 on here) but is it a Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 phone?

On 31/03/2016 at 11:41 AM, Gavjbrown said:

It came from a Vodafone shop here in the UK. The problems I'm having must be caused by something I've done previously. I'll look into the possibility of the rom being German. Yes, its a smart ultra 6. 

Thanks 

Sorry, as KonstaT mentions previously you've got the updated bootloader (as have I now I've updated) so the UK & DE bits seem to be immaterial. If you can get one of the new updates that KonstaT has posted you can try to install it manually again. It shouldn't matter which one you use as long as it's the new Bluetooth bug fix one with the new bootloader. 

Guest KonstaT
On 4/3/2016 at 3:28 PM, BlueMoonRising said:

Sorry, as KonstaT mentions previously you've got the updated bootloader (as have I now I've updated) so the UK & DE bits seem to be immaterial. If you can get one of the new updates that KonstaT has posted you can try to install it manually again. It shouldn't matter which one you use as long as it's the new Bluetooth bug fix one with the new bootloader. 

Bootloader? Stock recovery also gets updated when you first boot after flashing an update. Issue here is caused by a mismatch between new stock recovery and 'old' firmware packages.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest BlueMoonRising
16 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Bootloader? Stock recovery also gets updated when you first boot after flashing an update. Issue here is caused by a mismatch between new stock recovery and 'old' firmware packages.

Ahh, guess you learn something new every day ;)

Guest Gavjbrown
On 01/04/2016 at 6:20 PM, KonstaT said:

Just got back from holiday at 3am and after a quick sleep the first thing I did was flashed the Portugal MR06b update. Thanks so much KonstaT for reuniting me with my phone (missed it!). 

Also thanks to everyone else for your posts.

Gav

Guest KonstaT
On 4/10/2016 at 11:45 AM, Gavjbrown said:

Just got back from holiday at 3am and after a quick sleep the first thing I did was flashed the Portugal MR06b update. Thanks so much KonstaT for reuniting me with my phone (missed it!). 

Also thanks to everyone else for your posts.

Good to hear. :) There's now a full UK firmware available at ZTE support site.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest browset

I had same problem but only after installing super sume.  Eventually restored my smart ultra after installing Turkish Rom. Tried all UK downloads first.  Now google chrome works and Message+

Guest browset

I had same problem but only after installing super sume.  Eventually restored my smart ultra after installing Turkish Rom. Tried all UK downloads first.  Now google chrome works and Message+

• 3 months later...

I have exactly the same problem, failed kingroot got it stuck on "powered by android" screen, so hard reset via power button. Constantly bootloops to stock recovery, build is VDF-995NB02-DE01b, tried many OTA but all throw the failed read error. I'm guessing the stock recovery version and firmware version are mismatched, any chance someone has the correct update.zip for my build? UK model, from Asda store.

Edited by a$h x

• 3 weeks later...
Guest AnthonyS

Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You, I haven;t been able to use my phone for 10 days, until I found this post. 

• 4 months later...
Guest wbrambley
by the way guys I used the portugal and turkey zip from modaco and ztedevice.com but still nothing happens...help guys

From what I understand you need to use an older ROM on this recovery.

• 8 months later...