r3 - De-odexed, rooted and Xposed ROM - Honor 7 PLK-L01 B330

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Screenshot_2016-03-30-12-55-28.png

Hi all!

By popular demand and so we can start delving a little deeper into customising our devices, I've prepared a de-odexed, rooted and Xposed ROM for our Honor 7s, based on the B330 Marshmallow build.

What does this mean?

• De-odexed means that the apps no longer have a dependency on the framework files, so you can tweak them to your hearts content. This is a requirement for Xposed on the device too.
  • Rooted means root access is pre-installed, generally speaking required for Xposed. This means that the sepolicy patched boot image is being used.
  • Xposed means the Xposed framework is pre-installed. You simply need to download and install the Xposed APK from this thread.

For maximum Xposed compatibility, theming is disabled using the 'ro.config.hwtheme=0' setting in the /system/emui/base/prop/local.prop file. Change this back to '1' at your own risk, it may break Xposed horribly.

Before installing, make sure you take a full back up. Be aware that as the dex cache needs to be rebuilt for every app, the first boot after installation will take a long time. Really, a very long time. You SHOULD be able to dirty flash over stock.

Feel free to do with this ROM as you please, use as a base for your own custom ROM etc., but please give credit and don't just mirror the files directly.

This ROM is based on the B330 Custom ROM template.

Enjoy!

P

Guest BraileBM

Hi Paul, 

very nice. Is this a full rom?  How do i have to install this,  can i install it via twrp recovery. I am on MM 6.0 b330 with custom recovery. 

Many thanks in advance. 

Guest 5kyn37

Hi paul

What happens if i enable this

For maximum Xposed compatibility, theming is disabled using the 'ro.config.hwtheme=0' setting in the /system/emui/base/prop/local.prop file. Change this back to '1' at your own risk, it may break Xposed horribly.

I would like to remove EMUI 4 completely and replace it with google launcher or nova for pure google stock style rom is that possible and and can i enable theming or is that still gonna cause problems with theming enabled?

Edited by 5kyn37

Guest 5kyn37
9 hours ago, PaulOBrien said:

Not sure Xposed will work with theming enabled. Feel free to be the guinea pig! :)

P

I have installed the r3 - De-odexed, rooted and Xposed ROM - Honor 7 PLK-L01 B330 after installation installed exposed framework apk and i am having freezing issue no matter what i do browse internet or use the system.

Do i have to install the r2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM - Honor 7 PLK-L01 first then this ? i dont know why the system freezes sometime it freezes for few minutes the resume sometime i have to restart the phone.

Guest 5kyn37
21 hours ago, PaulOBrien said:

@5kyn37 - have you installed any modules? Were you on B330 previously?

P

Yes i was om b330 and yes I did install modules from expsosed

Edited by 5kyn37

Guest 5kyn37
On 13/04/2016 at 3:52 PM, PaulOBrien said:

I suspect one of the modules was the problem?

P

well i dont understand as to why it would cause that as i have installed compatible modules.

and i have a question why create 3 different post why not just one and as i see now the modaco custom rom r3 is out and its de-odexed, i would understand if they are totally different custom roms but its mostly same.

Guest 5kyn37

Which of your roms you recommend for people who want to create custom roms?

and very little info on how do we proceed on making custom roms a detailed guide or a video guide would be useful as not all of us are pro`s /:

Guest PaulOBrien
1 hour ago, 5kyn37 said:

well i dont understand as to why it would cause that as i have installed compatible modules.

and i have a question why create 3 different post why not just one and as i see now the modaco custom rom r3 is out and its de-odexed, i would understand if they are totally different custom roms but its mostly same.

Remove them individually until you find the one that is causing the issue.

One is a stock template (completely stock), one is deodexed to test deodex and Xposed (or for people who want stock but deodex), the other is the full custom ROM.

1 hour ago, 5kyn37 said:

Which of your roms you recommend for people who want to create custom roms?

and very little info on how do we proceed on making custom roms a detailed guide or a video guide would be useful as not all of us are pro`s /:

For people who want to create custom ROMs, use the 'Custom ROM starter template'. Hence the name.

P

• 1 month later...
Guest Hir0kee

Hi, after the installation with TWRP, i got a blackscreen after rebooting the device. Can you help me to find out why ? 

Thank's !

EDIT: I just read that the first boot may take a long time, i'll see what happen next ^^

Edited by Hir0kee
Didn't read correctly the post

• 1 month later...
Guest baaba1012

I installed the rom and it worked nicely until I set up greenify with xposed features. Now my phone is stuck in the Honor blackscreen.

I cannot see the xposed. Is it really in the build?

EDIT: I installed the xposedInstaller.apk and its working. So there is probably just the xposed framework installed.

Thanks for the ROM :)

Edited by F G

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Theneoninja
On 11/04/2016 at 1:21 PM, 5kyn37 said:

I would like to remove EMUI 4 completely and replace it with google launcher or nova for pure google stock style rom 

Is this possible? Would this replace the notification shade etc or just the launcher? How would I go about doing this? 

• 2 months later...