Phone won't turn back on.

Guest Textman

Guest Textman

Yesterday, the battery in my phone drained to 0%. This happened multiple times in the past so I let it sit for an hour before going to charge it again.

Now, however, it won't turn on the screen. The circle home button in the bottom turns on, but nothing else works. I've held the power button for over 30 seconds and nothing.

My phone has been charging for 20 minutes now, and still nothing. I'm afraid that the battery failed, or the phone just bricked.

If it DID get bricked or something, how can I still use my warranty (unless it's tarnished forever and I'm badword)? Do I play dumb?

Thanks for any help.

Guest Textman

Okay wait, incase anyone stumbles upon this in the future expecting help, I just solved it.

Depending on how long you kept it, charge it. An entire night will always work, but for me an hour did the job.

The difference is that after this period of time, your phone won't turn on automatically, nor will it show a charging prompt. A simple holding for 5 seconds won't work either.

You have to hold the power button for 20 seconds and then it'll reboot.

I learnt something today. If the Charging LED works, then you can fix it.

Guest Lukas4477

Just for future, are you stock and rooted, just stock or rooted and custom ROM? 

Only ask because I was on custom ROM and when phone died it also took a while for it to restart. 

Cheers 

Edited by Lukas4477
Added more.

• 7 months later...
Guest BlueMoonRising
10 hours ago, Ghost1234567 said:

none of these methods worked for me.Anyone know what to do ??

If it's still under warranty, return it for replacement or repair. If not then you're goosed I'm afraid.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BlueMoonRising
15 hours ago, Ghost1234567 said:

Anyone know if it would be a battery problem??

Yes/No/Maybe?

I doubt anybody on a forum can help you with this tbh, either try and get it repaired or start looking for something else I'm afraid.