Google Play Services update not compatible with this version

Guest tired999

Guest tired999

I factory reset both my Hudl 2s yesterday and after updating all apps got a update google play services message when opening any google app. The problem is that google play services won't update as it's "not compatible with this version". I have reset all google apps to their factor version as a fix but don't know if there is a workaround. Has anyone else had this problem?

Guest spencer1620
I factory reset both my Hudl 2s yesterday and after updating all apps got a update google play services message when opening any google app. The problem is that google play services won't update as it's "not compatible with this version". I have reset all google apps to their factor version as a fix but don't know if there is a workaround. Has anyone else had this problem?

I've just manually updated Play Services from here http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-services/google-play-services-8-7-03-release/

And it seams to be working

Guest doubleyellow

Same problem I also factory reset my hudl2... 

Which variant of the the APK did you use? Using the guide on the link I need the -480 variant. There doesn't seem to be an option for intel atom architecture.

TIA 

Guest PCAPaulie

I had the same issue last Sunday morning. After trying to ring Google support and getting nowhere I found the APK and sideloaded it. It looks now like Google and/or Tesco have addressed the issue and Play Services is now compatible once again.

Guest doubleyellow

Cheers robin0800, now have the same version installed - everything is working.

Google play still says it's incompatible though.

Guest Sheilaheala

I have the same problem with my Hudl 2. I downloaded the apk, same as robin0800 but calendar is still not working. Help please.... I don't really know what I'm doing either! Thanks

Guest Sheilaheala
9 minutes ago, Sheilaheala said:

Edited by Sheilaheala
Posted same message twice

Guest Sheilaheala

Have downloaded. Had to turn on the switch to allow stuff from 'unreliable sources'. Do I switch that off again? There is no indication that the apk is doing anything...the calendar does not appear to be syncing with my moto G phone

Guest Sheilaheala

Weird thing is that even having powered off then on again it still says Google play needs updating....so calendar won't work....however I have opened the calendar widget and put it on the desktop and that is working fine, syncing with my phone......

Guest Sheilaheala

Have just spoken with Tesco techno support. They tell me there is an issue with this and they are working with Google to try to resolve it......thanks for your suggestions

Guest Dhmusicat

I'll hang on then. None of the suggestions above have worked for me. When I try to download the app my system blocks it. I hope they resolve this issue soon.

Guest Sheilaheala

Thanks. I tried again and installed it not using Google chrome this time but with the other choice given...E- something or other......anyway, all good....has successfully installed and things appear to be working at last! Phew!! 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest doubleyellow

Same problem has reared it's ugly head again...

trying to download  280-121911109 - but chrome keep crashing on me. HUDL2 virtually unusable.

Guest doubleyellow

It rolled me back from  8.7.03 (2645110-280)  to 7. something overnight.

Now running 9.0.83 (280-121911109) - seems to be fine now.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...