Preferred install location

Guest Frostyjim

Guest Frostyjim

Does anyone know if there is any way to hardcode this phone to always pick internal and this menu not to appear? This is the only phone I ever remember this menu on.

Screenshot_2016-05-16-18-19-50.png

Edited by Frostyjim

Guest BlueMoonRising

Do you get that on all installs from the Playstore? If so you've changed something because mine doesn't ask.

Guest Frostyjim
5 hours ago, BlueMoonRising said:

Do you get that on all installs from the Playstore? If so you've changed something because mine doesn't ask.

Really? It's always showed up for me for all installs no matter where they're from. Do you maybe not have an SD card inserted?

Edited by Frostyjim

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

Shows up on all of the 3 SU6's I've had, too. ;)

#outvoted :p

Edited by macbreakweeklyfan

Guest BlueMoonRising
13 hours ago, Frostyjim said:

Really? It's always showed up for me for all installs no matter where they're from. Do you maybe not have an SD card inserted?

Yeah, got an SD card in bud. I've also got the 'move to SD card' option for apps in settings>apps (which works as I tested it). I just installed a random game to make sure I'm not delusional and no option popped up (besides permissions), I then moved it manually to the SD card. I had a look in settings but can't see anything obvious to change.

From some of the posts and comments on here and XDA I swear my SU6 is different to a lot of the posters phones.

Guest BlueMoonRising
On 5/18/2016 at 8:15 PM, Frostyjim said:

I updated an Amazon Underground game and got the dialogue up the other day and it made me revisit the topic. I've found this online which may answer your question: http://www.baatkar.com/2015/12/how-to-install-apps-directly-into-your.html

Although it talks about setting the SD Card as the default destination it also shows the reverse, I've not tried it myself btw, let us know if you try it and it works.

Guest Frostyjim
On 27/05/2016 at 7:57 AM, BlueMoonRising said:

I updated an Amazon Underground game and got the dialogue up the other day and it made me revisit the topic. I've found this online which may answer your question: http://www.baatkar.com/2015/12/how-to-install-apps-directly-into-your.html

Although it talks about setting the SD Card as the default destination it also shows the reverse, I've not tried it myself btw, let us know if you try it and it works.

I'm using the cm beta now which doesn't have this problem but if I return to stock I'll give it a try. Thanks.