PORT ROM UNOFFICIAL.RC2.cm12.1 for vodafone smart ultra

Guest gitanillo87

Guest femilovechild

Thanks for all the work done on this ROM. Glad to be able to use Cyanmod ROM on VSU6. Previously using Gypsy v4 and v5. A 'bug' I've noticed (i think someone's mentioned it before) is with Whatsapp notification/delivery. I am getting WhatSapp messages/calls coming hours after they've been sent, meaning that I lose calls get delayed messages. There is some lag in Facebook also, but I can live with that. Overall, great ROM.

Guest GoliathRevo

Hello everyone. This is in my opinion the best ROM for the SU6 but I have one bug that annoys me a lot. When I'm using the YouTube app, I can only select resolutions up to 480p (in rare occasions 720p). Why 60fps or full hd doesn't appear? Help please. Thanks

Edited by GoliathRevo

Guest gitanillo87
Hello everyone. This is in my opinion the best ROM for the SU6 but I have one bug that annoys me a lot. When I'm using the YouTube app, I can only select resolutions up to 480p (in rare occasions 720p). Why 60fps or full hd doesn't appear? Help please. Thanks

dont know why sorry

19 hours ago, Phurya said:

I think it does not have nothing to deal to the rom, it related to the speed and quality of your  internet connection. 

I'm having the same issue, 60fps worked on stock rom but not in the ported ones, pretty sure YouTube doesn't support 60fps on the coolpad 

Guest johndoe555
On 21/07/2016 at 1:22 PM, GoliathRevo said:

I also had this problem and it persisted after rebooting. What I did was first uninstall Youtube then reboot to TWRP.

(It's a good idea to do a backup here if you haven't done one yet just in case.)

Go to wipe, then advanced wipe and select cache and dalvik cache. Take care not to swipe for Factory Reset or in advanced wipe not to choose System or Data as you will then have to reflash or restore from backup. When the phone reboots it show a message, optimising apps. This is normal and takes a few minutes. When your phone fully loads go to the play store and reinstall Youtube. Hopefully this fixes the problem, it did on my mobile.

Good luck.

Guest GoliathRevo
30 minutes ago, johndoe555 said:

I also had this problem and it persisted after rebooting. What I did was first uninstall Youtube then reboot to TWRP.

(It's a good idea to do a backup here if you haven't done one yet just in case.)

Go to wipe, then advanced wipe and select cache and dalvik cache. Take care not to swipe for Factory Reset or in advanced wipe not to choose System or Data as you will then have to reflash or restore from backup. When the phone reboots it show a message, optimising apps. This is normal and takes a few minutes. When your phone fully loads go to the play store and reinstall Youtube. Hopefully this fixes the problem, it did on my mobile.

Good luck.

I did everything like you explained but it didnt fix the problem. Sometimes I can select 1080p now but most of the times is 480p that I can only use. Thanks anyways

Guest gitanillo87
I did everything like you explained but it didnt fix the problem. Sometimes I can select 1080p now but most of the times is 480p that I can only use. Thanks anyways

testing with 10 videos and all works on 1080p

959e8379bb653ccaf827bc569ad657f5.jpg

Guest johndoe555
3 hours ago, GoliathRevo said:

Sorry to hear that. I just checked a few videos on my Youtube app. They default to 480p but if I click the settings button and choose quality it shows up to 1080p. I understand the frustration as I regularly watch Youtube and when I first had the issue I thought I'd have to revert back to stock.

Good luck with finding a solution.

Guest gitanillo87
The issue here is normal videos play fine @ 1080p but if they are rendered and uploaded in 60fps we can only view it @ 480p 

please can you post me a video example?

Guest GoliathRevo
2 hours ago, zeak said:

The issue here is normal videos play fine @ 1080p but if they are rendered and uploaded in 60fps we can only view it @ 480p 

I think you are right. It's the only problem I can see

Guest johndoe555
11 hours ago, zeak said:

I just tried the link and it plays correctly. I know I had the problem before where some videos played at 480p so I checked them out again and they now play at 1080p60 or 720p60. It looks like 60fps playback is causing an issue somewhere. 

IMG_20160723_094835.jpg

Edited by johndoe555
Added screenshot

Guest ovecka

The GPS problem returned today. :( We went to a geocaching trip and were forced to return home as the GPS was completely unable to fix. Reboot didn't help. Even full wipe didn't help. Only returning to stock allowed me to fix.

It's too big of an issue for me so I must return to stock. :-/

First of all: A BIG THANK YOU for this port. Overall it works good and it is my daily used ROM

Bugs I found so far:

• Double Tap to Wake doesn't work - when i check the option in settings it automatically unchecks
  • The blue buttons sometimes don't turn on, or if they do turn on and they turn off after the timeout period, they don't turn on again if i press them.
  • Sometimes there is no pulse notification while charging phone (the blue circle was always on while charging on Stock ROM)
  • No haptic feedback from the buttons
  • Developer Option "Kill app on long back button press" doesn't work
  • Show Weather on Notification Drawer doesn't work

Things that I don't like

• Dolby Atmos poor sound quality (in my opinion), not the same as on stock rom, i uninstalled it and got the official AudioFX back

Overall this are small bugs that don't affect everyday use!!

Side note: I flashed Open GAPPS Stock Package and replaced some apps with Google Nexus ones, it works and it's great!

Guest arther

Have a write-protected, rooted device with GIPSY ROM V5 installed. Trying to flash the CM ROM using TWRP and I'm getting this error:

"Can't install this package on top of incompatible data. Please try another package or run a factory reset. Updater process ended with ERROR:7"

I've wiped the cache/davlik, tried both the normal factory reset and the format data wipe, neither of which worked. Anybody got any suggestions on what to do?

Edited by arther
Clarity

Guest maxibombo
7 hours ago, arther said:

Have a write-protected, rooted device with GIPSY ROM V5 installed. Trying to flash the CM ROM using TWRP and I'm getting this error:

I've wiped the cache/davlik, tried both the normal factory reset and the format data wipe, neither of which worked. Anybody got any suggestions on what to do?

Have you tried to install latest stock rom for your country then root, install twrp, finally install this cm 12.1?

Guest arther
10 hours ago, maxibombo said:

Have you tried to install latest stock rom for your country then root, install twrp, finally install this cm 12.1?

The phone is brand new, so I initially tried loading CM straight out of the box after rooting it, and installing TWRP to no avail.

9 hours ago, ohyesman said:

I've got a protected system phone and have no issues installing/swapping ROMs.

I would think u got a bad download?

No such luck either. Downloaded gitanillo87's mega link a couple of time's now and the same error is still coming up regardless.

Guest ohyesman

Silly question - You definitely got permanent root? I know u have to do something with temp root to make it permanent - can't remember what though lol

Only other suggestion is try a different version of twrp

Guest danielrodrigues-pt

Hello, I have a little problem on youtube app. I can see the videos in 1080p, but if it's a video at 60 fps maximum that I can see is 480p. How can I solve????

Sem.jpg

Screenshot_2016-08-02-14-44-22.png

Edited by danielrodrigues-pt