[DEV][ROM][28.10.] CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) for Cube iWork8 Ultimate & iWork8 Air

Guest KonstaT

Guest RippleDrums
11 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

No SELinux denials there so I'm not sure why it's denied access. #blamethemes

Yeah I removed the theme and it booted.

Still find it a bit weird that a simple font change does this but whatever...

Thanks for the help!

Guest KonstaT
On 11/18/2016 at 9:55 AM, youvictor said:

Hi KonstaT.

First of all, thank you so much for making such good rom. I find it quite stable and useful.

But on my device(iwork8 I1-TWB), there is a very weird issue.

When using Android browser, I can access any website smoothly,

but with Chrome, I CANNOT access any website using domain. An error "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" was showed on the browser, while it works fine using IP address.

I've checked my router settings and WiFi settings, no problem was found. When flashed with stock ROM or remix ROM, Chrome works fine using both domain and IP.

Any ideas ? Much appreciated.

Logcat? Haven't come across any issues with Chrome on my devices.

Guest DrorAlumot

Hi,

I have a similar issue to the one reported earlier: settings > security always crashes ("unfortunately, settings has crashed").

I've tried clearing cache+dalvik, and also wiping and trying before any apps are installed. Same result.

Attaching logcat.

Thanks.

logcat.txt

Guest youvictor
On 2016/11/19 at 9:29 PM, KonstaT said:

Logcat? Haven't come across any issues with Chrome on my devices.

Maybe I used a wrong version of Chrome. I'm now trying Chrome from open-Gapps and it works fine...Thank you

Guest cluber77
On 3.10.2016 at 4:23 PM, seafood169 said:

Hi,

This rom is great, but for some reason, I need to flash back the Cube stock rom.   However, I can't download app from the google play store with the stock rom.   It stated "Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped" everytime when I pressed the "Install" button at the play store.  I've tried several ways such as reset the machine, stopped and restarted the Play store, even installed other version of Goolge play service.  The problem does not be solved.

Would you pls. help and advise what I should do ?  

Thanks !

Hi, i also have this problem, did you find any fix for this problem?

Guest DrorAlumot
On 11/19/2016 at 8:15 PM, DrorAlumot said:

Hi,

I have a similar issue to the one reported earlier: settings > security always crashes ("unfortunately, settings has crashed").

I've tried clearing cache+dalvik, and also wiping and trying before any apps are installed. Same result.

Attaching logcat.

Thanks.

logcat.txt

Found my issue, putting the solution here for posterity.

3 words - I am stupid.

I installed the earlier version of the patch with the latest version of the rom. When I used the current version of both - everything works.

Guest RaptorSDS_2

hello

i have a question : You say you use the Stock Kernel , has this kernel the same battery drain issue in StandBy (deep Sleep ) like my iWork8 air ( about 190-300 mAh) or do you use the stock kernel of the chuwie ? ( i saw at Teclast x98 it is possible to get to 19-90 mAh with android 5.1 and Z8300)

Guest KonstaT
36 minutes ago, RaptorSDS_2 said:

hello

i have a question : You say you use the Stock Kernel , has this kernel the same battery drain issue in StandBy (deep Sleep ) like my iWork8 air ( about 190-300 mAh) or do you use the stock kernel of the chuwie ? ( i saw at Teclast x98 it is possible to get to 19-90 mAh with android 5.1 and Z8300)

Stock kernel of each specific model of course (I1-T/I1-TD/I1-TWB/I1-TC/I1-TF). Using kernel of some completely different device would never work.

Guest KonstaT
33 minutes ago, RaptorSDS_2 said:

thanks for this fast answer , please could you say something about the battery drain ?

Not really. Mine goes from 100% to zero in 24 hours whether device is powered on or not. I've always considered it faulty hardware and even got a partial refund from the seller. I also had an issue with device not accepting any charge in the beginning and now the charging indicator light is always on (even when device is not charging) when the device has any power...

Edited by KonstaT

Guest RaptorSDS_2

ok sorry to hear , my one goes from 100 to 0 in 13-16 hour , i have root and supersu and see many kworker threads , sometimes it goes down to 190mAh ( first i had 500mAh but with my Samsung evo 32GB sdcard , now Panasonic and it is at 300-190 but also without SDCard, )

the charging bug i had once after OTG with USB stick , get it back witch Switch off button 10sec and boot Windows-> android-> Windows

Guest RaptorSDS_2

I flash CM 12 yesterday and its sems a little bit better at 170-250mAh but still 16-20h standby time max , i saw at Better BatteryStat 100% for noDataComms and NoSignal and also 60% on systemUID 1000 as most battery Drain parts , many other report from NoDataComms are symtom of a broken 3G Modem Android driver ( the tablet has telephon and datacomms apk on board, maybe the same issue) , i try to use my usb 3g modem on otg but no one reconnised from CM  ( Huwai E169 , E172, E3131 ) also i  have to use alway a external power supply for otg ,CM dont switch to usb host power (normal ?).

Guest KonstaT
25 minutes ago, RaptorSDS_2 said:

I flash CM 12 yesterday and its sems a little bit better at 170-250mAh but still 16-20h standby time max , i saw at Better BatteryStat 100% for noDataComms and NoSignal and also 60% on systemUID 1000 as most battery Drain parts , many other report from NoDataComms are symtom of a broken 3G Modem Android driver ( the tablet has telephon and datacomms apk on board, maybe the same issue) , i try to use my usb 3g modem on otg but no one reconnised from CM  ( Huwai E169 , E172, E3131 ) also i  have to use alway a external power supply for otg ,CM dont switch to usb host power (normal ?).

I've removed all telephony related things and USB mode switch from CM. There's zero chance any USB modem will work. Does it work with stock firmware?

Edited by KonstaT

Guest RaptorSDS_2

I've removed all telephony related things and USB mode switch from CM

i have at apps _> all , smspush , config mobiledata, mobile data , and telephone apk

Does it work with stock firmware?

can not confirm have to flash back to stock for testing or can  anyone alse test 3G USB Modems ?

USB mode switch  ; USB OTG (storage, mouse, keyboard)

ok OTG than normal with external power supply , or do you have a apk for usb mode switch maybe ?

Edited by RaptorSDS_2

Guest KonstaT
30 minutes ago, RaptorSDS_2 said:

i have at apps _> all , smspush , config mobiledata, mobile data , and telephone apk

can not confirm have to flash back to stock for testing or can  anyone alse test 3G USB Modems ?

ok OTG than normal with external power supply , or do you have a apk for usb mode switch maybe ?

I was talking about much lower level stuff (rild, usb3gmonitor, etc - basically everything that stock has in init.modem.allinone.rc and init.dongle.rc, usb modeswitch configs in /system/etc).

I'd just say you have faulty hardware, that's not something you can fix with software.

Edited by KonstaT

Hi, first of all thanks for your work and your time .

I've got some strange issues with my device. 

First i've had bootloop after some  reboot of the  tablet  but i found solution in previous post ! Theming my  device was an error. 

After that everything was ok but now when i'm opening chrome internet is working but i still have no internet when i open games and applications. 

I installed  28/10 version + TC patch, i've also tried houdini patch but nothing .

Did you have any idea ? 

Having problems with some things, the built in system already was having issues and would crash any time I looked at the settings and I had no way to return or get my money back so I tried using this and the remix OS too because nothing seems to be working properly.  Trying to get some things to work and I don't know how, an app puzzle and dragons crashes immediately on both this and remix OS and another app valkyrie crusade ran on remix OS but now says it can not connect no matter what I do regardless of other things including play store and browser connecting and other apps too.  I don't know what is wrong with this and I have no way of restoring the default system for this tablet either because it was faulty to begin with.  Tried asking in other places as well but I am lost and have no idea what to do anymore.

Guest KonstaT
35 minutes ago, PalmTrees said:

@KonstaT Do you plan on doing more updates for CM 12.1/CM 13.1 for the Cube Ultimate/Air? 

Probably not. There's not much device/platform specific issues left with CM12.1 and practically nothing but security updates has gotten merged into cm-12.1 branch in a long time (see merged commits). CM13 is not worth doing without kernel source.

One goal was to consolidate device trees for my Cherry Trail devices and I've achieved that (https://github.com/CM-CHT). Anyone at any time can make a build themselves if they think they need an update.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest PalmTrees
14 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

Probably not. There's not much device/platform specific issues left with CM12.1 and practically nothing but security updates has gotten merged into cm-12.1 branch in a long time (see merged commits). CM13 is not worth doing without kernel source.

One goal was to consolidate device trees for my Cherry Trail devices and I've achieved that (https://github.com/CM-CHT). Anyone at any time can make a build themselves if they think they need an update.

That's perfectly understandable. Was just curious since I'm flashing CM 12.1 on my iWork 8 Air and possibly sell it. Got the Chuwi Vi10 Plus finally, but haven't had time to play with it yet. 

38 minutes ago, PalmTrees said:

That's perfectly understandable. Was just curious since I'm flashing CM 12.1 on my iWork 8 Air and possibly sell it. Got the Chuwi Vi10 Plus finally, but haven't had time to play with it yet. 

Sorry to bother: don't you have any muted audio problems with stock rom or CM 12 in your Air? 

Guest PalmTrees
17 hours ago, jmad said:

Sorry to bother: don't you have any muted audio problems with stock rom or CM 12 in your Air? 

No bother at all. Feel free to ask, always :) As far as I remember, never had any issues with stock rom (been running Remix OS 2.0 for a long time now). I'm flashing CM 12.1 this morning and will get back to you. 

On 16/12/2016 at 8:07 AM, PalmTrees said:

No bother at all. Feel free to ask, always :) As far as I remember, never had any issues with stock rom (been running Remix OS 2.0 for a long time now). I'm flashing CM 12.1 this morning and will get back to you. 

Now I remember that I asked you this very same question already, in the RemixOS thread!

I'm suspecting that the Purify app that I use (it's a task killer/freezer) may leave some applications in an incosistent state regarding the audio driver.