WileyFox to announce new phones tomorrow

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

WileyFox, fledgling purveyors of the Swift and Storm CyanogenOS equipped Android Smartphones, are set to launch their 2016 products tomorrow at an event in London. A teaser, which mentions a 'handset range', gives little away about the new devices, however our sources suggest that we should expect more of the same from the company - low cost, high value, SIM free phones.

In a well timed review in The Telegraph, Wileyfox co-founder and chief executive Nick Muir (formerly Motorola Mobility's General Manager in the UK and Ireland) says of the new products "It's going to be an evolution rather than revolution. There are a number of changes that I think are pretty significant." The article also teases "While Muir couldn't reveal any details about the new device, we can expect it to cost under £200 and have equally high end specs."

Not too much to go on, but not long to wait to find out the details either! We'll have all the details for you from 10:30am tomorrow.

inviteedited.jpg

View full item

Guest Voxpop2011

I await the reveal with interest.  I am still inclined towards the Honor 5C, but like the concept of Wileyfox.  There are some must haves and provided they are included, then price will be the deciding factor.

just seen some wileyfox announcement, the 'sparks' are out. Nothing really exciting so I've just ordered the honor 5c since it's got everything i was looking for.

Guest Voxpop2011

The top of the line Wileyfox SparkX is cheaper than the Honor 5C and bigger too, but the deal breaker is NFC - no NFC, no Android Pay.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.