Redmi 3 pro

Guest EvilSeamanRuby

Guest EvilSeamanRuby

just flashed this twrp and was asked if I wanted to install SuperUser. The phone rebooted and now its in bootloop.

Guest EvilSeamanRuby

ive managed to get back into twrp but I have no roms loaded on the phone so cant flash one. any ideas? does the rom have to be of the NON fastboot variety?

Guest EvilSeamanRuby

Sorted.

I had twrp and fastboot, but no recovery mode and I was stuck in bootloop.

I tried forcing edl l=mode, which didn't work, I tried reflashing from fastboot, no joy there, I even tried sideloading the adb command to install from a pc....

I finally realside there is an sd card slot in the sim tray so I dloaded a rom and flashed it via the sdcard via twrp.

4 hours wasted, I mean experience gained. I just goes to show if you don't know what youre doing don't muck about.

Guest dalyer
19 hours ago, EvilSeamanRuby said:

Did that work OK for you? Edit: sorry - posted before I read the most recent posts so I guess that it did other than the other issues along the way...

No issue with the dm verify issue mentioned by some people in that thread?

What version of TWRP did it install?

I'd be inclined to go with feds64's thread that I mentioned earlier but I guess that there are probably other options too,

Settings > About phone etc. should clarify what version of MIUI you have.

I didn't think I'd like MIUI as I normally prefer AOSP but I really do like it so far. :-)

Edited by dalyer

Guest EvilSeamanRuby

flashed the china dev rom, dindnt like it.

then flashed the twrp flasher so I had twrp not sure of the version,Flashed a CM12 rom, was ok, but lost of stuff missing. I was rebooting from twrp and an option came up to flash superUser and and Root so I did and got another bootloop.

This time I had Fastboot mode only an dno twrp. you need to be in download mode for fastboot, so after another few hours of trawling you tube and the internet I found some indian geezer who showed me how to boot from fastboot only using the advanced options in the miFlash tool but you lose all data.

so now I'm back on china stable, but no google or playstore so ive just flashed miui 8. I think its china stable, but I'm trying to get back to the original rom that the phone came with.

ive found it but need to reinstall twrp as its a .zip file can I flash it via that clunky china recovery tool.

Edited by EvilSeamanRuby

Guest EvilSeamanRuby

at last : ManhIT_Redmi3.PRO_Multi_6.5.12_v7-5.1_Global_Locked_UL

ist miui 7 and closest to the stock rom i had.

ive tried about 5 roms all with issues : keyboard config to no service on both sim slots

Guest dalyer
12 hours ago, EvilSeamanRuby said:

are there any fastboot roms that have gapps installed? as I cant flash gapps without twrp

I don't know.

I know that CM ROMs always require separate installation of gapps.

2 hours ago, EvilSeamanRuby said:

at last : ManhIT_Redmi3.PRO_Multi_6.5.12_v7-5.1_Global_Locked_UL

ist miui 7 and closest to the stock rom i had.

ive tried about 5 roms all with issues : keyboard config to no service on both sim slots

Have you tried Xiaomi.eu?

As far as I understand they take the China Stable and Developer ROMs and mod them for use outside of China, optimise them, add certain features etc.

Arguably a bit moot now that Xiaomi provide Global ROMs but maybe they still have advantages over stock?

https://xiaomi.eu/community/forums/miui-weekly-rom-releases.103/

Guest EvilSeamanRuby

the EU on was unusable as there was a problem with one sim cards, there was another china dev one with issues with both sims, maybe it was a tcdma rom.

many just had niggles with the keyboard set out to some that had know bugs (cm12) and some were completely unusable.

ill have to go through which ones ive tried.

Guest dalyer

I'm surprised at that as I thought that the Xiaomi.eu ROMs had a good reputation and were pretty stable/reliable?

Was it the last MIUI 7 or the latest MIUI 8 (beta?)?

I was going to try Xiaomi.eu but I think I might just stick with stock for now as I find it good.

The only issues (still on Global Stable 7.3.2.0) I have are relatively minor irritants:

1. Fingerprint sensor sometimes doesn't unlock - but I think that's when my fingers are wet, very hot, greasy etc. and I haven't tried re-registering my fingerprints
  2. Camera isn't great - but that's a well known issue with this phone or at least the latest ROMs. Not sure if it's the lens, sensor or firmware.
  3. Screen auto-brightness seems a bit odd to me and in sunlight I often can't see anything - not the first phone that I've used that has this issue
  4. Sometimes when unlocking I get this message about not covering the top part of the screen but I don't think that I am and I don't know how to disable this (useless to me) option.

But otherwise I find it great, reliable and great battery life (usually 2+ days with data, wifi, BT on) - although I'm probably a light enough user in terms of calls, texts etc.

Edited by dalyer

Guest dalyer

Hiya ESR - how are you getting on with things?

What are you running these days?

I still haven't had a chance to install the latest official/stock Global Stable MIUI or the latest MIUI 8 (beta?) so I'm still on 7.3.2.0.

• 1 year later...
Guest SachinShelar

UnLock Bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 3

Most of the guys failed to unlock Redmi Note 3 bootloader with official method. Here I have linked both the articles which will very helpful to you in case if you are unable to unlock bootlaoder.

Both methods are very easy to use & explained very well.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...