Facebook messenger not working and taken off play store?

Guest Cryptochrome

Guest Cryptochrome

Facebook messenger (and Facebook) both had an update on 4 Aug. This rendered both unusable, causing them to open and quit immediately. Looking on the play store at the reviews, ones from "This device model only", many people are reporting the same problem. Going on the play store today, both Facebook and Facebook messenger have been removed from the store for this phone. I could easily download an APK, but I want to know if anyone else is having the same problems.

Guest mrflibbles

My phone locked up last week when I wasn't using it. It would still turn the screen on but you couldn't use the touch screen and it didn't ring if there was a phonecall.

I missed several important calls.

I had to hold down reset continuously to get the device to reboot and go through every app to find the culprit. Both facebook and messenger have been marked as incompatible with the Smart Ultra 6 in GooglePlay.

I'm just going to live without the two until it's fixed. If that is never then bah!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mrflibbles

I'm sure everyone has already noticed but back end of last week they updated both Facebook and Messenger and they work with our phone again.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest CompuTechish

For me it stopped opening/loading past the Facebook splash screen or something. So I uninstalled it thinking I could reinstall it only to find that it isn't compatible. So I headed to Amazon Underground to see if I can install it from there. So I did. I realised after that it updated via the Play store I guess when it became compatible again.