Can I flash a ZTE Blade S6 Plus rom onto my Vodafone Smart ultra 6?

Guest Yepi69

Guest Yepi69

Hello there, I am aware you aren't supposed to flash roms of different handsets on handsets that they weren't made for, but Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 is a variant of the ZTE Blade S6 Plus and it even has the exact same specs so wouldn't it work?

Guest gitanillo87
Hello there, I am aware you aren't supposed to flash roms of different handsets on handsets that they weren't made for, but Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 is a variant of the ZTE Blade S6 Plus and it even has the exact same specs so wouldn't it work?

no work blade have a 64 bit kernel..and VSU6 have 32 bit kernel...you brick device if you try

Guest gitanillo87
But VSU6 supports 64 bits like the Blade S6 Plus, the CPU SoC is pretty much the same, shouldn't it work?

no...SU6 have a sd615 it supports 64 bit kernel... but the partitions on this phone doesn't support it

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, Yepi69 said:

Why would you? What does ZTE Blade S6 Plus firmware have over Vodafone Smart Ultra 6? 

1 hour ago, gitanillo87 said:

no work blade have a 64 bit kernel..and VSU6 have 32 bit kernel...you brick device if you try

No it doesn't.

1 hour ago, gitanillo87 said:

no...SU6 have a sd615 it supports 64 bit kernel... but the partitions on this phone doesn't support it

What?

Guest Yepi69
11 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

Why would you? What does ZTE Blade S6 Plus firmware have over Vodafone Smart Ultra 6? 

No it doesn't.

What?

I just wanted to know if it works, and I like the look the rom ZTE Blade S6 Plus has got.
I'm aware its Android 5.0.1.

Guest KonstaT
22 minutes ago, Yepi69 said:

I just wanted to know if it works, and I like the look the rom ZTE Blade S6 Plus has got.
I'm aware its Android 5.0.1.

It looks exactly like stock Android besides the custom ZTE launcher. :o I'm sure you can get a similar look with the about million alternative launchers and icon packs available at Play Store.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Yepi69
13 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

It looks exactly like stock Android besides the custom ZTE launcher. :o I'm sure you can get a similar look with the about million alternative launchers and icon packs available at Play Store.

Then if so, can you point me on where to get the ZTE Launcher?

Guest KonstaT
22 minutes ago, Yepi69 said:

Then if so, can you point me on where to get the ZTE Launcher?

Quick google search will find an older Mifavor launcher. I guess no one has bothered with a newer one.

That's usually the first thing people want to get rid off - not the other way around. ;) Put something like Nova Launcher and even Blade S6 Plus starts to look like a decent device running stock'ish Android.

Edited by KonstaT