Here are your Honor 8 enthusiast resources

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

When the Honor 5C launched recently, we liaised with Honor UK to ensure that enthusiasts resources would be available immediately on announcement and today, I am pleased to confirm we have done the same with the Honor 8 (FRD-L09).

Immediately in the Honor forum, you can access the stock shipping ROM, a fully working TWRP build including decryption (which will be officially supported very soon), the stock ROM template for TWRP, stock Android and EMUI style MoDaCo custom ROMS and guides on how to bootloader and SIM unlock your Honor 8 (we have worked with dc-unlocker to ensure the Honor 8 is fully supported and also virtually unbrickable). A full, tested kernel source repository will be online very soon complete with kernel build instructions.

Once again this demonstrates Honor's commitment to enthusiasts, which is great news for all of us. We'll be keeping the resources up to date as the device comes to market and receives updates, but in the meantime, head on over to our Honor 8 forum and have a look around!

twrph8.jpg

View full item

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cisco Kid

I was looking at the ZTE Axon 7 or 1+3 to replace my aging and frustratingly 1gb maxed Moto G2. Having had the original Honor I thought about this version 7 but the price is putting me off. Will UK see it reduce on the run up to or after crimbo?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.