[HOWTO] Disable dm-verity and root Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook & Hibook Pro

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, gommelz said:

Hi KonstaT,

i have installed the dm-verity patch "Vi10 Plus & Hi10 Plus: Remix OS B2016080801" on my Hi10 Plus, but afterwards WiFi is not working. Yes, build numbers match :)

Are there any updates on the patch or do you have any other advice?

Best regards,

gommelz

I highly doubt that. That only happens with mismatching firmware versions (you end up with wrong kernel modules) and wifi is not the only problem...

Install stock firmware from Chuwi (http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2657) and install the right patch after that. Or you can just install one of the custom ROMs you'll find on my site (http://konstakang.com/devices/chuwi_vi10plus).

Edited by KonstaT

Guest gommelz
19 hours ago, KonstaT said:

I highly doubt that. That only happens with mismatching firmware versions (you end up with wrong kernel modules) and wifi is not the only problem...

Install stock firmware from Chuwi (http://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2657) and install the right patch after that. Or you can just install one of the custom ROMs you'll find on my site (http://konstakang.com/devices/chuwi_vi10plus).

Hi,

attached you can find the screenshot of the Remix OS "About Tablet" menu. I have chosen "vi10plus-disable-dmverity-RemixOS-B2016080801.zip" from your website. Does that not match?

Best regards,

gommelz

Screenshot_2017-03-26-10-12-12.png

Guest KonstaT
38 minutes ago, gommelz said:

Hi,

attached you can find the screenshot of the Remix OS "About Tablet" menu. I have chosen "vi10plus-disable-dmverity-RemixOS-B2016080801.zip" from your website. Does that not match?

Best regards,

gommelz

Eh? You've quite clearly installed the freeze fix as you're running kernel I've built (not included in dm-verity patch).

If you want to run Remix OS, I'd recommend installing this (http://konstakang.com/devices/chuwi_vi10plus/RemixOS). It's a newer build and I've included fixes for bunch of issues. Follow installation instructions!

Edited by KonstaT

• 5 weeks later...

Hi KonstaT, I need your help. I am running the following rom: Hi10plus z8300 (20160982) remix os. Apparently, there is no dm-verify compatible with this firmware.

Can you please help me? I installed twrp but I can no longer boot into remix.

Thank you!!!

Guest KonstaT
7 hours ago, mtdb said:

Hi KonstaT, I need your help. I am running the following rom: Hi10plus z8300 (20160982) remix os. Apparently, there is no dm-verify compatible with this firmware.

Can you please help me? I installed twrp but I can no longer boot into remix.

Thank you!!!

It's probably just easiest to install this Remix OS in TWRP. It has other improvements as well. http://konstakang.com/devices/chuwi_vi10plus/RemixOS

If you have TWRP backup of the original boot partition, I can create a patch for that specific firmware.

Edited by KonstaT

• 4 months later...
Guest Alisson

Hello KonstaT. I have a HI 10 Q64G42161210198 (Z8350) and tried to install the Remix OS 2.0 (Android 5.1.1) rom found on your site, but the wifi and the sound did not work (as far as I test). I tried to root using the process for the PRO and PLUS versions with hope of some work, but without success the same problem occurred. So I reinstalled the official version found on Chuwi's official website at Chuwi Forum. I liked Remix OS a lot and wanted to know if it is too complicated to create a version of this Rom for this HI 10. Sorry for the English by google translate :D

Guest KonstaT
20 minutes ago, Alisson said:

Hello KonstaT. I have a HI 10 Q64G42161210198 (Z8350) and tried to install the Remix OS 2.0 (Android 5.1.1) rom found on your site, but the wifi and the sound did not work (as far as I test). I tried to root using the process for the PRO and PLUS versions with hope of some work, but without success the same problem occurred. So I reinstalled the official version found on Chuwi's official website at Chuwi Forum. I liked Remix OS a lot and wanted to know if it is too complicated to create a version of this Rom for this HI 10. Sorry for the English by google translate :D

IIRC Hi10 has at least different wifi/bt hardware (Broadcom vs. Realtek on these Chuwi devices I'm supporting) so it would require a lot more than just a simple compatibility patch.

Guest Alisson
On 02/09/2017 at 8:32 AM, KonstaT said:

IIRC Hi10 has at least different wifi/bt hardware (Broadcom vs. Realtek on these Chuwi devices I'm supporting) so it would require a lot more than just a simple compatibility patch.

I figured it could be complicated by the hardware difference. Thank you.

• 6 months later...
Guest MinaRotter

Are you still updating this?  I got as far as running twrp on my Chuwi Hi10 plus (didn't flash it - just in case) and realised that my stock firmware version is too new (20170504.085712).  I made a twrp back up, so can upload the files if you want.

I could really do with being able to offload some stuff to the sd card as the android partition is only 7GB on internal. Also the external gps would be nice.  So your android 6.0.1 rom would seem to be ideal but I would still need to disable dm-verity first, is that correct? It would be greatly appreciated

Ah - forget that I just followed the instructions for the rom.  Installed no problem and so far is working well. donations?

Edited by MinaRotter

• 3 months later...
Guest sigmadelta61

Just as a matter of interest, the method you describe to root worked fine eventually, with one hiccup.

The provisos for me were:- Install 'SuperSU 'BEFORE you install 'Disable Dm Verify.'

For some reason Dm verify would not install by itself first, the screen actually said "error cannot find SU", so I twigged that I had to install that first..

I installed the wrong version of Disable Dm, but it wasn't a big problem... the tablet "bricked" for about 10 mins and then I rebooted into recovery, downloaded an alternative version of Disable Dm, copied it to sd card and ran TWRP again and flashed the different version and bingo.

The best advice is "DON'T PANIC".

I was sure I had lost everything when it locked out for ages, but the HI10 pro seems to be fond of sulking,  if you ignore it for 10 mins it comes round..lol.