[DEV][ROM][28.1.] CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
5 hours ago, dreas said:

hi KonstaT,

thanks for your work.
Can you make the rom also for chuwi hi10?
that would be great!

many thanks 
dreas

Someone already accidentally flashed it on a Chuwi Hi10 and there's more hardware differences (wifi/bt chip) I can handle with a simple patch.

Yes, it's possible to port CyanogenMod to practically any Cherry Trail device. No, I'm not going to do it for devices I don't have. I've made the sources available so there's nothing stopping you/anyone from making a proper build for your device.
https://github.com/CM-CHT

2 hours ago, yener90 said:

Hibook Pro has a higher resolution, maybe that is the problem: 2560 x 1600

I saw in sources of v10 in touch screen is 1280x800 given, do you know why?

Values in the header are not used. It's set here instead. Hopefully those are the only things that need to be changed in the touchscreen driver for Hi10 Pro and Hibook Pro (home button coordinates might need something, too).

Edited by KonstaT

Guest yener90
3 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Someone already accidentally flashed it on a Chuwi Hi10 and there's more hardware differences (wifi/bt chip) I can handle with a simple patch.

Yes, it's possible to port CyanogenMod to practically any Cherry Trail device. No, I'm not going to do it for devices I don't have. I've made the sources available so there's nothing stopping you/anyone from making a proper build for your device.
https://github.com/CM-CHT

Values in the header are not used. It's set here instead. Hopefully those are the only things that need to be changed in the touchscreen driver for Hi10 Pro and Hibook Pro (home button coordinates might need something, too).

Could you checkout key values?

On my gslX680 ive got the values in input8/capabilites/key:

2000000 0 40000800 40 0 0 0

Ive got the suspecion that this value is responsible for it:

https://github.com/CM-CHT/android_kernel_intel_cherrytrail/blob/jide_chuwi_vi10_plus_r51/drivers/input/touchscreen/silead/gslX68X.h

under key_map, value 0. 

If its the same i will flash Hi10 Pro kernel and check the value there

EDIT: found that file in Windows drivers Hi10 Pro, maybe will be useful :)

hampoo_C109S_3680_landscape_activepen_64bit_zhaowei_20160729.h

Edited by yener90

Guest KonstaT
10 hours ago, yener90 said:

Could you checkout key values?

On my gslX680 ive got the values in input8/capabilites/key:

2000000 0 40000800 40 0 0 0

Ive got the suspecion that this value is responsible for it:

https://github.com/CM-CHT/android_kernel_intel_cherrytrail/blob/jide_chuwi_vi10_plus_r51/drivers/input/touchscreen/silead/gslX68X.h

under key_map, value 0. 

If its the same i will flash Hi10 Pro kernel and check the value there

EDIT: found that file in Windows drivers Hi10 Pro, maybe will be useful :)

hampoo_C109S_3680_landscape_activepen_64bit_zhaowei_20160729.h

It's the same on Vi10 Plus but I don't quite understand where you're going with that.

You can get capabilities with getevent tool and those are registered under gslX680_ts_init.

root@chuwi_vi10plus:/ # getevent -p /dev/input/event8                          
add device 1: /dev/input/event8
  name:     "gslX680"
  events:
    KEY (0001): 0066  008b  009e  00d9 
    ABS (0003): 002f  : value 1, min 0, max 10, fuzz 0, flat 0, resolution 0
                0030  : value 0, min 0, max 255, fuzz 0, flat 0, resolution 0
                0032  : value 0, min 0, max 200, fuzz 0, flat 0, resolution 0
                0035  : value 0, min 0, max 1280, fuzz 0, flat 0, resolution 0
                0036  : value 0, min 0, max 1920, fuzz 0, flat 0, resolution 0
                0039  : value 0, min 0, max 65535, fuzz 0, flat 0, resolution 0
  input props:
    INPUT_PROP_DIRECT

All touch key code is ifdef'ed with HAVE_TOUCH_KEY and it's quite simple. Touches outside main display area (1280x1920) are handled as key events. Home key is the only key that has any surface (40x40 area). Only thing that doesn't make any sense there is the x-axis coordinates (from 2028 to 2068) which is not even somewhere on the device. :o

Edited by KonstaT

On 24.11.2016 at 8:11 PM, KonstaT said:

Logcat?

This has been reported on Cube iWork8 Ultimate/Air as well but I haven't looked into it yet. Audio implementation is nothing but prebuilt blobs extracted from stock firmware so there's not much I can do about it.

Ie you can not do anything about it? And what do you do? Which exit?

Guest Skyfire

@KonstaTThank You very very much for your help! I really appreciate it. And thanks to festlv as well for your splendid work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really looking forward to trying out your CM 13 Build.

Kind regards Skyfire

Guest KonstaT
18 hours ago, yener90 said:

Could you tell me which toolchain you used for compiling? I always getting compiler errors :/

See Intel's 'How to Build a Custom Kernel'. Intel kernel build environment is available here. That's for Bay Trail so you need to change couple of things for Cherry Trail. Toolchain needs to be updated to poky/1.8. You also need to hack couple things in the build script to build external modules.

10 hours ago, TABU89 said:

Ie you can not do anything about it?

I didn't say that. I said I haven't looked into it because no one has even bothered to post a logcat. 

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, Skyfire said:

Hi there, is installing the new kernel recommended for all users or only for those with the freeze bug ? Is there a change log for the new kernel?

Is there non-freezing Vi10 Plus devices? Installing it shouldn't at least hurt anyone. Going to include source built kernel if/when there's a next build anyway. Already listed the main changes. Check git history if you want to get more into detail.

Haven't still received any feedback (good or bad) on the kernel. At least it has completely fixed the freezing issue for me. Currently running with 60h uptime and that's something I could only dream of before. :)

Guest KonstaT
57 minutes ago, rob4x4 said:

Maybe a dumb question but would the new kernal fix for freezing devices be ok to flash on a vi10 running stock remix or android?

No, won't boot on either. Only for CM12.1 for now.

If/when it's actually confirmed to fix the 'freezing issue', I'll make one for stock Remix OS (and include fix for 'keyboard dock wake issue' as well).

Edited by KonstaT

Guest FatFreddyDK
Is there non-freezing Vi10 Plus devices? Installing it shouldn't at least hurt anyone. Going to include source built kernel if/when there's a next build anyway. Already listed the main changes. Check git history if you want to get more into detail.

Haven't still received any feedback (good or bad) on the kernel. At least it has completely fixed the freezing issue for me. Currently running with 60h uptime and that's something I could only dream of before. :)

I can only confirm that this is working and working very well. I will get freezes in no time, but as soon as i flash your kernel there is no more freezing :-) I have been running the weekend with kernel flashed and no freezes. And that is on both my vi10plus. I cant thank you enough.

Guest KonstaT
23 minutes ago, FatFreddyDK said:

I can only confirm that this is working and working very well. I will get freezes in no time, but as soon as i flash your kernel there is no more freezing :-) I have been running the weekend with kernel flashed and no freezes. And that is on both my vi10plus. I cant thank you enough.

Great! That's excellent news.

Guest envisions
On ‎04‎.‎11‎.‎2016 at 3:10 PM, KonstaT said:

Ask for Chuwi to release a firmware update. The 'freezing issue' has nothing to do with CyanogenMod - it's there with every Android firmware for this device.

I've heard there's Remix OS B2016092601 available for Hi10 Plus (which is exactly the same device as Vi10 Plus but with 64gb storage and 4gb RAM). Would be interesting to know if any of the known issues (freezing, keyboard dock wake, touchscreen accuracy) are fixed with it? Anyone got OTA or TWRP backup of the new firmware?

Not as is of course. I haven't looked into what hardware Hi10 has so no idea what kind of patch it might need. Most Cherry Trail devices should be doable if I just had the device...

I'm still looking for someone with Hi12 to do some testing, though.

Hi KonstaT,

I have a CHUWI Hi12 and would like to test :smile:

Andy

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, envisions said:

Hi KonstaT,

I have a CHUWI Hi12 and would like to test :smile:

Andy

Good. I have a long list of other things to do right now but I'll let you know when I have something for Hi12 to test.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest envisions
22 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

Good. I have a long list of things to do right now but I'll let you know when I have something for Hi12 to test.

Is there already a CyanogenMod for the Hi12 available?

Guest KonstaT
25 minutes ago, envisions said:

Is there already a CyanogenMod for the Hi12 available?

This build + similar patch like for Hi10 Pro and Hibook Pro. I'll let you know when I have a patch for you to test.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest envisions
13 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

This build + similar patch like for Hi10 Pro and Hibook Pro. I'll let you know when I have a patch for you to test.

13 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

Many thanks

Guest envisions
46 minutes ago, envisions said:

Many thanks

I was trying this build, with and without the Patches, unfortunately the Touchscreen and Audio doesn't work.

Would be fantastic to have a CM for my device because the Original CHUWI Android 5.1 is not really good.

Guest causeway

This probably isn't the place to ask this but i thought someone here might know the answer.

I'm realllly loving this ROM. It works great for me except i cannot for the life of me get sound to work in KODI.

I've tried all the usual 'easy' fixes that i found online but i'm guessing that maybe it could be due to the known limitations of the kernel on this device and Cherry Trail in general?

The GUI sounds work fine but are offset by about a second but as soon as a video is played, all sound stops.

Any ideas?

Guest KonstaT
7 hours ago, causeway said:

This probably isn't the place to ask this but i thought someone here might know the answer.

I'm realllly loving this ROM. It works great for me except i cannot for the life of me get sound to work in KODI.

I've tried all the usual 'easy' fixes that i found online but i'm guessing that maybe it could be due to the known limitations of the kernel on this device and Cherry Trail in general?

The GUI sounds work fine but are offset by about a second but as soon as a video is played, all sound stops.

Any ideas?

It could be related to same issue that some people have reported with game sounds. I've yet to see any logs...

I've had to disable audio offload (due to some missing secret Intel code in framework side) so audio performance is not as good as with stock firmware. Intel platform is not that well documented (versus e.g. Qualcomm where there's full Android source code available at CAF) and these are the first and only Cherry Trail devices to run CyanogenMod.

Great work KonstaT!

Seeing the CM Rom, I have ordered Hi10 plus (will receive it by Friday) but am a bit confused.

I thought all Hi10 Plus comes with Z8350 processor but from discussion in other thread, looks like Z8350 based Hi10 plus is new version of Tab. Can you pls confirm if I can flash this ROM to Hi10 Plus with Z8350 processor.

Thanks and Sorry if this has been answered before.

PS: Just a suggestion- Could you please add the config of Tabs for which the Rom is applicable to avoid confusion in future.

Edited by Cashif

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, Cashif said:

Great work KonstaT!

Seeing the CM Rom, I have ordered Hi10 plus (will receive it by Friday) but am a bit confused.

I thought all Hi10 Plus comes with Z8350 processor but from discussion in other thread, looks like Z8350 based Hi10 plus is new version of Tab. Can you pls confirm if I can flash this ROM to Hi10 Plus with Z8350 processor.

Thanks and Sorry if this has been answered before.

PS: Just a suggestion- Could you please add the config of Tabs for which the Rom is applicable to avoid confusion in future.

What's confusing is that these Chinese vendors use different hardware components in different production batches and still use the same name to market them...

This should work on Hi10 Plus with z8350 as well (or we'll make it work ;)). Just make sure to backup stock ROM in TWRP before doing anything because Chuwi hasn't made stock firmware avalable for these devices.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest causeway
7 hours ago, KonstaT said:

It could be related to same issue that some people have reported with game sounds. I've yet to see any logs...

I've had to disable audio offload (due to some missing secret Intel code in framework side) so audio performance is not as good as with stock firmware. Intel platform is not that well documented (versus e.g. Qualcomm where there's full Android source code available at CAF) and these are the first and only Cherry Trail devices to run CyanogenMod.

Which type of log would you need? Would a kodi log be ok?

Many thanks