[DEV][ROM][8.11.] CyanogenMod 13 (Android 6.0.1) for Cube iWork8 Ultimate & iWork8 Air

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Here's an early taste of Marshmallow for Cube iWork8 Ultimate (I1-T/I1-TD/I1-TWB/I1-TC) and iWork8 Air (I1-TF). It is unofficial and unsupported by the CyanogenMod team. It's for advanced users only. This is an early alpha build and it's not recommended for daily use (see issues below).

Screenshot_20161108-135314.png Screenshot_20161108-135332.png

Do not mirror my builds! Please post a link to this page instead.

cm-13.0-20161108-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-cube_iwork8ultimate.zip
http://konstakang.com/devices/cube_iwork8ultimate/CM13

Google apps:
The Open Gapps Project

Working:

• Audio (playback/input/routing/headphones/etc)
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • Hardware acceleration and OpenGL rendering
  • Hardware video decoding & encoding
  • HDMI
  • Houdini
  • Network/wifi location
  • SD cards
  • Sensors
  • Touchscreen/multi-touch
  • USB OTG (storage, mouse, keyboard)
  • USB storage (MTP and PTP) & adb
  • USB-tethering
  • Wifi
  • Wifi-tethering

Not working:

• ???

Issues:

• Device doesn't enter deep sleep mode - expect increased battery drain!
  • SELinux is disabled (needs kernel update which is not possible without kernel source)
  • No app battery usage stats under 'Settings -> Battery' (needs kernel update which is not possible without kernel source)
  • Audio not routed through HDMI
  • and more...

Sources:

• CM-CHT
  • Kernel (stock kernel)

• CyanogenMod team & everyone who's been working on CM13
Like my work?
btn_donate_LG.gif
Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

How to install:

1. boot into TWRP recovery
  2. backup -> backup (create a nandroid backup of your current ROM)
  3. wipe -> advanced wipe -> wipe /system
  4. wipe -> factory reset
  5. install cm-13.0-xxxxxxxx-KonstaKANG-cube_iwork8ultimate.zip
  6. (install I1-TD/I1-TWB/I1-TC/I1-TF/I1-TFB patch if necessary - see FAQ below)
  7. install open_gapps-x86-6.0-pico-xxxxxxxx.zip
  8. reboot system

FAQ:

Q: I can't find developer options and performance settings, why?
A: Settings -> About tablet -> Click 'Build number' several times

Q: I don't have reboot options in power menu, why?
A: Settings -> Developer options -> Advanced reboot

Q: I have no root, why? What is that hashtag on my status bar?
A: Settings -> Developer options -> Root access. Root management is now integrated as part of CM's Privacy Guard and you can manage per app permissions under Settings -> Privacy -> Privacy Guard. You'll have a persistent notification in the status bar when you're running an app that uses root permissions.

Q: I have iWork8 Ultimate I1-TD/I1-TWB/I1-TC with different touchscreen hardware. What should I do?
A: Download patch below suitable for your device and install it in TWRP.

cm-13.0-20161108-cube_iwork8ultimate-I1-TD.zip

cm-13.0-20161108-cube_iwork8ultimate-I1-TWB.zip

cm-13.0-20161108-cube_iwork8ultimate-I1-TC.zip

Q: I have iWork8 Air I1-TF/I1-TFB with different display hardware. What should I do?
A: Download patch below and install it in TWRP.

cm-13.0-20161108-cube_iwork8ultimate-I1-TF.zip

cm-13.0-20161108-cube_iwork8ultimate-I1-TF-20161108.zip

cm-13.0-20161108-cube_iwork8ultimate-I1-TFB.zip

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Arif hoca

Thank you , CyanogenMod team. rom is stable, now and  device doesn't enter deep sleep mode. But bluetooth not working, and otg with usb flash memory is not reading.

Edited by Arif hoca

Hi KonstaT, 

I just installed it on my I1-TF iWork Air. Unfortunately just like with CM12 the audio doesn't work on Youtube (I didn't test other audio applications).

Also Bluetooth Audio stops working after switching back and forth to normal audio.

I still wonder if it's just me or the same happens to other I1-TF owners out there.

EDIT: after rebooting, audio from Youtube started working again, but switching to Blueetooth the audio was muted. Switching back to speakers audio, it worked again.

Edited by jmad

Guest KonstaT
22 hours ago, jmad said:

Hi KonstaT, 

I just installed it on my I1-TF iWork Air. Unfortunately just like with CM12 the audio doesn't work on Youtube (I didn't test other audio applications).

Also Bluetooth Audio stops working after switching back and forth to normal audio.

I still wonder if it's just me or the same happens to other I1-TF owners out there.

EDIT: after rebooting, audio from Youtube started working again, but switching to Blueetooth the audio was muted. Switching back to speakers audio, it worked again.

Never had any audio issues with Youtube.

Audio is nothing but prebuilt blobs from stock Lollipop. Bluetooth is nothing but prebuilt blobs from stock Marhsmallow (Medion Lifetab P10506). There's really not much I can do about it. It a small miracle if it even works at all.

Guest DrorAlumot

Thanks for this!
I've just installed on my iWork8 Air. I have two issues:

1. Bluetooth isn't working. Whenever I turn it on, it just hangs for a few seconds and then remains off.

2. Battery drain is a real problem for me. Is it normal for the tablet to lose ~7% of battery per hour when it's in airplane mode and the screen is off?

Thanks.

Guest KonstaT
19 minutes ago, DrorAlumot said:

Thanks for this!
I've just installed on my iWork8 Air. I have two issues:

1. Bluetooth isn't working. Whenever I turn it on, it just hangs for a few seconds and then remains off.

2. Battery drain is a real problem for me. Is it normal for the tablet to lose ~7% of battery per hour when it's in airplane mode and the screen is off?

Thanks.

1. Works fine for me. Logs?

2. Did you even read the OP?! Device doesn't enter deep sleep so that's kind of expected...

Guest DrorAlumot
15 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

1. Works fine for me. Logs?

2. Did you even read the OP?! Device doesn't enter deep sleep so that's kind of expected...

thanks for the quick reply.

1. I'm not at home at the moment, will send the logs when I have it.

2. Well, I am a noob, but not that big of a one, of course I read it :)
I'm just wondering if this is the kind of drain which comes with the lack of deep sleep. I guess it is...
In addition, there seems to be drain even when the device is off. I turned it off last night with ~60% battery, and turning it on in the morning it had 5%. Strange.

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, DrorAlumot said:

thanks for the quick reply.

1. I'm not at home at the moment, will send the logs when I have it.

2. Well, I am a noob, but not that big of a one, of course I read it :)
I'm just wondering if this is the kind of drain which comes with the lack of deep sleep. I guess it is...
In addition, there seems to be drain even when the device is off. I turned it off last night with ~60% battery, and turning it on in the morning it had 5%. Strange.

Having whichever ROM installed doesn't of course cause battery drain when devices is powered off.

I really don't know what is 'normal' battery drain on this device as mine is faulty. Battery goes from 100%->0% in 24h regardless of what ROM I have installed or if the device is powered on or not.

• 4 weeks later...

will this work with the cube iwork 8 air with the Z8350 cpu?

Any plans to convert to lineage OS?

Someone brought it up, but what would prevent this from working on Chuwi Hi8Pro?

Guest KonstaT
5 hours ago, bigt11 said:

will this work with the cube iwork 8 air with the Z8350 cpu?

Any plans to convert to lineage OS?

Someone brought it up, but what would prevent this from working on Chuwi Hi8Pro?

Maybe with a similar compatility patch as rest of the devices. What firmware version does the z8350 version ship with?

I don't have this device anymore. There's no point in doing this without having kernel source anyway.

Chuwi Hi8 Pro could work with a similar compatility patch as rest of the devices. I have no interest in creating one for every possible Cherry Trail device out there.

8 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Maybe with a similar compatility patch as rest of the devices. What firmware version does the z8350 version ship with?

I am researching a good 8" rootable tablet, so I don't have the z3850 yet, sorry

Any suggestions on a great 8" that CM or Lineage is being worked on besides the Air?

Guest KonstaT
49 minutes ago, bigt11 said:

I am researching a good 8" rootable tablet, so I don't have the z3850 yet, sorry

Any suggestions on a great 8" that CM or Lineage is being worked on besides the Air?

Cube iWork8 Ultimate/Air and Chuwi Vi10 Plus/Hi10 Plus/Hi10 Pro/Hibook Pro/Hi12 are the only Intel Cherry Trail devices running CyanogenMod 12.1. Chuwi Vi10 Plus/Hi10 Plus/Hi10 Pro are the only Intel Cherry Trail devices having somewhat decent CyanogenMod/LineageOS 13 thanks to having kernel source available.

I no longer have this device so there will be no further development.