[DEV][ROM][20.10.] LineageOS 13 (Android 6.0.1) for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
47 minutes ago, PalmTrees said:

AOSP Lollipop fully working rom is already available. Someone ported your CM 12.1 to the Mi Pad 2, but "It was possible to port CM 12  itself firmware running quickly, but it does not work: WI-FI, bluetooth, highlighting the soft buttons, it remains only to fix these little things." (source: http://en.miui.com/thread-399610-1-1.html). 

Should I send my Mi Pad 2 to Finland and have you sort it out? Haha :D 

It's not open source so it doesn't qualify!

Yes, I'm aware of those winzip ports. I can't understand why people even need to release something that is so utterly broken. :/

Guest PalmTrees
6 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

It's not open source so it doesn't qualify!

Yes, I'm aware of those winzip ports. I can't understand why people even need to release something that is so utterly broken. :/

That's why I was hoping you eventually would purchase the Mi Pad 2 and save everyone :) 

LeEco responded. Coolpad is responsibly for the kernel sources of aforementioned devices. Wrote them and they haven't responded (yet). 

Have you set your sights on any other phone? The LeEco 2 is still the best bang for buck phone atm at 144$ (I'm itching to order). 

Guest shakeador

Anther issue that I noticed on your previous cm13 version was that when in portrait mode the lockscreen only worked in landscape mode, what is a problem when you have to input a pattern or a pin to unlock your tablet. Is this still happening on last version?

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, shakeador said:

Anther issue that I noticed on your previous cm13 version was that when in portrait mode the lockscreen only worked in landscape mode, what is a problem when you have to input a pattern or a pin to unlock your tablet. Is this still happening on last version?

That's by design. Lockscreen rotation could be easily enabled but I'm not sure if that's such a good idea.

You can just add this to /system/build.prop if you want to enable it.

lockscreen.rot_override=true

Edit. Scratch that, there's already a setting for it. Settings -> Display & lights -> Rotation -> Rotate lock screen.

Edited by KonstaT

Incredible work. Thank!!

I noticed USB-OTG is not working. Bit it very easy do it work:

1. Open terminal

2. Type "su"

3. Type " sm set-force-adoptable true"

Then you can open The USB in The file explorer and umount it when you finish.

I don't know if it's posible to activate it by default  in the rom or if it's a good idea. What your opinión?

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, rig3l said:

Incredible work. Thank!!

I noticed USB-OTG is not working. Bit it very easy do it work:

1. Open terminal

2. Type "su"

3. Type " sm set-force-adoptable true"

Then you can open The USB in The file explorer and umount it when you finish.

I don't know if it's posible to activate it by default  in the rom or if it's a good idea. What your opinión?

USB OTG works just fine. It's just a third class citizen in Marshmallow. You can access it using Android built-in file manager in Settings -> Storage & USB -> Portable storage (or selecting 'explore' from storage notification) but that's it. Third party apps can access it if they've been updated to Marshmallow APIs (should be by now).

If you set your USB OTG storage as adoptable storage you can't use it in any other device. That kind of destroys the whole idea of portable storage...

Edited by KonstaT

When you insert The USB vía otg it doesn't appear in file mánager or Settings -> Storage & USB -> Portable storage (nor appear notificación).

If you ser the set-force-adoptable to true you will have this option, and you can set The USB as internal or portable. Default is portable.

I couldn't see The USB (otg) in another way. May be there is any option that I didn't found?

Sorry if mi english is bad or rude, I don't have good english level.

Guest KonstaT
55 minutes ago, rig3l said:

When you insert The USB vía otg it doesn't appear in file mánager or Settings -> Storage & USB -> Portable storage (nor appear notificación).

If you ser the set-force-adoptable to true you will have this option, and you can set The USB as internal or portable. Default is portable.

I couldn't see The USB (otg) in another way. May be there is any option that I didn't found?

Sorry if mi english is bad or rude, I don't have good english level.

Make sure that you've followed installation instructions in the third post and all the usual stuff (no hacks, mods, tweaks, etc). Don't know what else to say.

USB OTG works perfectly fine with either (or both) USB ports.

Screenshot_20170201-193231.png

Edited by KonstaT

I've try with different USB with "set-force-adoptable" as "false". You are fully right, it's work with fat32, exfat and ntfs filesystem without problem.

I tried with two different USBs before, and both fail with "set-force-adoptable" as "false". I formated then (partition table included) and the same problem. I thing they just need a travel to the trash.

Sorry a lot for wasting your time :(

Other thing, I try to use "long press" option in Setting - button - long press (I don't know if is wited exactly as that in english) in capacitive button (Chuwi HI10 plus) and doesn´t work. I think it's because if you do a "long press" the tablet really do as if you pressed it repeatedly very fast.

For check I go to /system/usr/keylayout/gslX680.kl and changed "key 102   HOME              VIRTUAL" for "key 102   BACK              VIRTUAL". Then  if you long press the capacitive button it do "BACK" very fast repeteadly, If I try in Nova Launcher with the origintal option (HOME) the screen blink as you press HOME a lot of time (in Trebuchet I think you can't see).

Guest KonstaT
24 minutes ago, rig3l said:

Other thing, I try to use "long press" option in Setting - button - long press (I don't know if is wited exactly as that in english) in capacitive button (Chuwi HI10 plus) and doesn´t work. I think it's because if you do a "long press" the tablet really do as if you pressed it repeatedly very fast.

For check I go to /system/usr/keylayout/gslX680.kl and changed "key 102   HOME              VIRTUAL" for "key 102   BACK              VIRTUAL". Then  if you long press the capacitive button it do "BACK" very fast repeteadly, If I try in Nova Launcher with the origintal option (HOME) the screen blink as you press HOME a lot of time (in Trebuchet I think you can't see).

Yes, I'm aware. It's just how it's implemented in the touchscreen driver (same thing with stock firmware).

Guest shakeador
23 hours ago, KonstaT said:

That's by design. Lockscreen rotation could be easily enabled but I'm not sure if that's such a good idea.

You can just add this to /system/build.prop if you want to enable it.

lockscreen.rot_override=true

Edit. Scratch that, there's already a setting for it. Settings -> Display & lights -> Rotation -> Rotate lock screen.

Thank you this was one of my last limitations to use this ROM instead of your CNM12.1

The last one, I do not know if it could be solved is that in MM there is no way that you can move apps yo your SD other than using the Sd card as internal storage, in which case you cannot access it form windows. I have seen some solutions to partition the SD in 2: one partition to be used as internal storage in Android and another partition to be used as external storage (That you can see from both OS). Has anybody managed to do this?

Guest KonstaT
4 hours ago, shakeador said:

The last one, I do not know if it could be solved is that in MM there is no way that you can move apps yo your SD other than using the Sd card as internal storage, in which case you cannot access it form windows. I have seen some solutions to partition the SD in 2: one partition to be used as internal storage in Android and another partition to be used as external storage (That you can see from both OS). Has anybody managed to do this?

You mean semi-adopted (aka mixed) storage? Haven't tested this myself but It should work AFAICT. Don't even consider messing with Link2SD and EXT partitions on sdcard - that's so 2011. :P

http://blog.sam.liddicott.com/2016/02/android-6-semi-adopted-storage.html

Edited by KonstaT

Guest servidor
You mean semi-adopted (aka mixed) storage? Haven't tested this myself but It should work AFAICT. Don't even consider messing with Link2SD and EXT partitions on sdcard - that's so 2011. :P

http://blog.sam.liddicott.com/2016/02/android-6-semi-adopted-storage.html

I made this yesterday and it works like a charm:

http://www.androidjefe.com/tarjeta-sd-modo-mixto/

Guest tomshreds

Hi folks!

After testing both LineageOS 13 and CyanogenMod 12:

- CyanogenMod 12 install goes smoothly but I'm stuck at the "Android" loading screen. About one hour and nothing's changed yet.

- LineageOS 13 simply locks into a boot loop. I see the Chuwi logo, it reboots and I see it again. I tried various re-installs with no luck. I'm on a Chuwi Hi10 Pro (Z8350/PQ64) so I guess I should pick the normal patch (not the HQ64). Any idea why this wouldn't boot at all?

I left it run a very long time, thinking it would eventually starts but no luck.

Thanks!

Edited by tomshreds

Guest KonstaT
54 minutes ago, tomshreds said:

Hi folks!

After testing both LineageOS 13 and CyanogenMod 12:

- CyanogenMod 12 install goes smoothly but I'm stuck at the "Android" loading screen. About one hour and nothing's changed yet.

- LineageOS 13 simply locks into a boot loop. I see the Chuwi logo, it reboots and I see it again. I tried various re-installs with no luck. I'm on a Chuwi Hi10 Pro (Z8350/PQ64) so I guess I should pick the normal patch (not the HQ64). Any idea why this wouldn't boot at all?

I left it run a very long time, thinking it would eventually starts but no luck.

Thanks!

There's installation instructions in the third post of this thread.

Most likely reason is that you didn't 'factory reset'.

Guest tomshreds
58 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

There's installation instructions in the third post of this thread.

Most likely reason is that you didn't 'factory reset'.

I carefully followed the instructions. I had resetted system, then factory reset, then install zips, reboot, etc. It's my 4th attempt. Maybe yesterday evening was too late for me, let's try again. Will report once done.

Guest tomshreds

Deleted the content of this post. This time it went into a boot loop and ultimately ended up with the new Lineage 13 loading screen. Let's hope it loads completely. Neat!

4th time's the charm I guess hehe :D My Hi10 Pro has been acting up lately, taking long time to boot etc. Hopefully this build will help :D So far the loading is going fine!

EDIT: As much as I loved Remix OS, Damn LineageOS is fast and way snappier! I should have listen to you guys! I'll miss the split view and multiple windows of Remix OS but all the features and speed of Android 6 + LineageOS really rocks my socks off! Thanks Konsta for the great work as always!

EDIT2: Even the cheap bluetooth headset that never worked with Remix OS builds now works flawlessly without any cuts (better than on my iPhone 6S!)

Edited by tomshreds

Guest tomshreds

Anyone tried device encryption? Does it slow down the device a lot? and does it work at all? Just wondering before trying anything I'll make a backup lol

Guest strumbol

Hi KonstaT,

Firstly tell you that your ports are excellent and now I'm using LineageOS on a Hi10 plus. Everything works perfect, however, when the tablet is connected to the keyboard (the original) does not enter deep sleep and drains the entire battery in one night. Is there any solution to this problem?

Guest KonstaT
39 minutes ago, strumbol said:

Hi KonstaT,

Firstly tell you that your ports are excellent and now I'm using LineageOS on a Hi10 plus. Everything works perfect, however, when the tablet is connected to the keyboard (the original) does not enter deep sleep and drains the entire battery in one night. Is there any solution to this problem?

I have the same keyboard and can't reproduce any issue with device entering deep sleep (don't know if there's any increased battery drain otherwise as I don't keep my device attached to the keyboard).

Make sure you've followed installation instructions in the third post (no hacks, tweaks, mods, etc) and provide logs (logcat, dmesg) if the problem persists.