[DEV][ROM][20.10.] LineageOS 13 (Android 6.0.1) for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12

Guest KonstaT

Guest benkores
12 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Hibook != Hibook Pro.

Sorry I quoted the wrong person. But if you do get the kernel source from Jide for the HiBook Pro Remix and you can do something with it will you support it again for CM13? It's the only thing that is preventing me from buying it due to all of the issues in the stock ROM and I want Marshmallow instead of lollipop. Please find a way to support it if you can. Thanks.

Edited by benkores

Guest Richtj999

Konstat - I did the patch on my Hi10 Pro & it is great - i actually get much better battery life in CM13 than Remix.  Is there a launcher that would allow some of the remix os functionality on the 'start' menu?  

hello,i flash this rom.

my dev is hi8 pro.

starup is ok

but wifi is not work.and touch  bluetooh

not work 

can you    please update .support hi8 pro ?

thank you 

Guest KonstaT
13 hours ago, benkores said:

Sorry I quoted the wrong person. But if you do get the kernel source from Jide for the HiBook Pro Remix and you can do something with it will you support it again for CM13? It's the only thing that is preventing me from buying it due to all of the issues in the stock ROM and I want Marshmallow instead of lollipop. Please find a way to support it if you can. Thanks.

In that case it's possible but we'll have to see. I still can't test anything without having a device and generally speaking kernel development is not something you want to do without having a device in your own hands. If the required changes are as small as with Hi10 Pro, it's not that big of a problem.

11 hours ago, Richtj999 said:

Konstat - I did the patch on my Hi10 Pro & it is great - i actually get much better battery life in CM13 than Remix.  Is there a launcher that would allow some of the remix os functionality on the 'start' menu?  

I don't know but there's about six million third party launchers available at Play Store you can try (unlike with Remix OS where you can't even change the launcher).

11 hours ago, chen33 said:

hello,i flash this rom.

my dev is hi8 pro.

starup is ok

but wifi is not work.and touch  bluetooh

not work 

can you    please update .support hi8 pro ?

thank you 

So basically nothing works.

I have no plans to support Hi8 Pro.

Guest mattiesrag
On 11/8/2016 at 2:25 PM, KonstaT said:

Here's an early taste of Marshmallow for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus & Hi10 Pro. Hibook Pro and Hi12 are no longer supported due to lack of kernel source. It is unofficial and unsupported by the CyanogenMod team. It's for advanced users only.

Screenshot_20161108-121559.png

Screenshot_20161108-121620.png

Do not mirror my builds! Please post a link to this thread instead.

cm-13.0-20161209-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-chuwi_vi10plus.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767121666
md5:ee3f5b38510eb9022e57b6cd2abb1fc8

Google apps:
The Open Gapps Project

Working:

• Audio (playback/input/routing/headphones/etc)
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • Hardware acceleration and OpenGL rendering
  • Hardware video decoding & encoding
  • HDMI
  • Houdini
  • Keyboard dock
  • Network/wifi location
  • SD cards
  • Sensors
  • Stylus pen (HiPen H2)
  • Touchscreen/multi-touch
  • USB OTG (storage, mouse, keyboard)
  • USB storage (MTP and PTP) & adb
  • USB-tethering
  • Wifi
  • Wifi-tethering

Not working:

• ???

Issues:

• Slow to wake up from deep sleep
  • SELinux is disabled
  • Distortion in photos (issue with mismatching Lollipop camera drivers & Marshmallow display drivers)
  • Audio not routed through HDMI

Sources:

• CyanogenMod team & everyone who's been working on CM13
Like my work?

On my VI10 Plus (android only), I cannot get it to go into deep sleep mode, which means a huge battery drain, almost 20% in 1 hour. Am I doing something wrong? Are there any settings which need to be changed? Freeze issue is now a thing of the past thank goodness, and your ROM runs really smoothly.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Guest KonstaT
30 minutes ago, mattiesrag said:

On my VI10 Plus (android only), I cannot get it to go into deep sleep mode, which means a huge battery drain, almost 20% in 1 hour. Am I doing something wrong? Are there any settings which need to be changed? Freeze issue is now a thing of the past thank goodness, and your ROM runs really smoothly.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Make sure that you've installed the latest release (20161209) following installation instructions in the third post of this thread.

Please don't ever quote the whole OP.

Guest mattiesrag

Make sure that you've installed the latest release (20161209) following installation instructions in the third post of this thread.

Sorry about the long quote. I installed the latest version as per your instructions on third post. Deep sleep still not happening. Could it have something to do with an app I installed to switch screen off? 

Guest KonstaT
44 minutes ago, mattiesrag said:

Sorry about the long quote. I installed the latest version as per your instructions on third post. Deep sleep still not happening. Could it have something to do with an app I installed to switch screen off? 

Why not uninstall that app for testing purposes if you suspect it? I can't possibly know every app in the world and what issues they may cause. 

There shouldn't be such issue after clean installation. You need to trace your own steps what you've done after that to introduce it. BetterBatteryStats is a good app for debugging wakelocks, etc.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest TeutonJon78
On 12/20/2016 at 3:47 PM, benkores said:

Here you go for the firmware: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2VBJePGznYjVW5OSEdZMmtIeTA/view?usp=sharing

Please tell me you have a use for this as I have spent the last 2 hours signing up for a Chuwi and Baidu Pan account and then getting it to work as I had to install their network client since the file was too big and everything was in Chinese.

And I don't have the device yet but I would love to see continued support for it so I will help in any way I can. 

And as for the Chuwi Hi12 you can download the Remix OS here: http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-1160-1-1.html

Ha, you beat me to it -- I was also downloading it and getting it up. I've gone through the Baidu pain for other devices before, so it's easy for me to work with now. (For a hint, use Chrome to access the web version and it will auto-translate for you -- only use the client to actually do the download, as there is no translation there -- just follow the download icons). Anyway, I also have a MEGA repo setup as well.

If anyone needs anything else of the BBS side, I can pull that too.

Now, if my tablet would just actually ever get here -- it seems to be making rounds sitting around in the EMS depot, if the tracking info is correct. :(

Guest mattiesrag
12 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Why not uninstall that app for testing purposes if you suspect it? I can't possibly know every app in the world and what issues they may cause. 

Update: Uninstalled the "Screen Off" app. Also "Knockr" which is a double tap to wake. Problem solved!

What I have been trying to accomplish, is using apps instead of the on/off button, as I have had one of these break on me with another device.

Can anyone recommend such an app? 

Guest benkores
13 hours ago, TeutonJon78 said:

Ha, you beat me to it -- I was also downloading it and getting it up. I've gone through the Baidu pain for other devices before, so it's easy for me to work with now. (For a hint, use Chrome to access the web version and it will auto-translate for you -- only use the client to actually do the download, as there is no translation there -- just follow the download icons). Anyway, I also have a MEGA repo setup as well.

Wowwwww I completely forgot that I could use the Google Translate extension for Chrome. I used Edge since Chrome really lags on my laptop for some reason. Would've saved me so much time thanks for pointing it out :)

Guest KonstaT
21 hours ago, starix said:
14 hours ago, PalmTrees said:

You beat me to it. What's your take on this @KonstaT?

13 hours ago, Richtj999 said:

Lineage OS?

This has been long time coming and there's nothing surprising for me here. It really doesn't even affect that much here. Existing builds posted here don't just suddenly stop working tomorrow. None of the CyanogenMod infrastructure was never used to build or host these builds. CyanogenMod code remains openly available in Github and there's dozens of forks and even more local copies.

This is one of the reasons I haven't started any Nougat projects. I still don't know if I'll be looking at Lineage OS, other projects, or just concentrating in other things in life. :)

Guest kostyamat

Hi KonstaT.

I installed your ROM and patch for HiBook. It works, but...

Connected usb-drive does not appear in the file explorer. Fuse mounts for usb seems to be broked too. The files are visible in /mnt/media_rw/*********** but in /storage/************ not.

mediaserver crahes evry time if I use any Camera apk other then native one.

Tnx.

Guest nico2048

Hello

I am a french user of the vi10plus and I installed cm13 my worries is that my wifi is very slow.
Is it normal or is there a solution

thank you in advance for your help