Hudl 2 not getting passed logo

Guest sc00by

Firstly hello , I'm new to the forum.

I have a Hudl 2 which is stuck in a loop, it goes no further than the Hudl logo then restarts it does this 2 or 3 time then goes into recovery mode sometimes it just freezes. This is the information I can get from the recovery screen

LMY47I.REL.android-build.20150917.142239 release-key

I have flashed roms to phones in the past. but am rusty and would appriciate help if possible. could someone tell me what I need to do to recover it (software and how to)

I have tried factory reset and cache wipe from the recovery mode

many thanks for any help

sc00by

Is there anyway to reinstall the OS from an Sd card ? This is a non rooted tablet

Edited by sc00by

Yes, I think you can install the official OTA firmware via SD Card (think there are some link to the firmware on this forum somewhere). However, I'm not sure if that will help. If you've already done a factory reset, this is equal to re-installing the OS from an SD Card. Probably your best bet would be to buy a Hudl2 with a cracked screen on eBay that does still boot and harvest the working motherboard from that.

Thanks for the reply AV, looks like that will have to be the option but today it loaded all the certs and optimised the apps then it rebooted again into the loop. Really looks like the restore system is corrupted ? I'll tinker with it some more but if someone could point me in the direction to download a bootable image that can be loaded from sd card before I look for a donor that would great

Cheers

15 hours ago, sc00by said:

Thanks for the reply AV, looks like that will have to be the option but today it loaded all the certs and optimised the apps then it rebooted again into the loop. Really looks like the restore system is corrupted ? I'll tinker with it some more but if someone could point me in the direction to download a bootable image that can be loaded from sd card before I look for a donor that would great

Cheers