How do I increase the Android partition of a Hi10 Plus?

Guest mtdb

Hello guys!

I searched the forum but I could not find a tutorial that explains how to increase the size of the Android partition of my Hi10 Plus. I have it running CM12.1 by KonstaT and Windows 10.
I would like to increase the size of the partition in which CM12.1 is installed. Could anyone provide me guidance to do that?

Thank you!

Guest KonstaT

There's not a single Android partition - there's about a dozen of them (I've explained in this post).

Yes, it's possible to change all partition sizes to whatever. Decreasing system & cache partition sizes and increasing data partition size would make the most sense. You'll need to hex edit gpt.bin (partition table) and reflash everything with Intel Platform Flash Tool (to write partition table and install Android) and then also re-install Windows after that.

1 hour ago, KonstaT said:

There's not a single Android partition - there's about a dozen of them (I've explained in this post).

Yes, it's possible to change all partition sizes to whatever. Decreasing system & cache partition sizes and increasing data partition size would make the most sense. You'll need to hex edit gpt.bin (partition table) and reflash everything with Intel Platform Flash Tool (to write partition table and install Android) and then also re-install Windows after that.

Thanks for the explanation. I thought it would be easier to resize the data partition. I thought I could use a partition software running on windows.However, it seems to be a lot of work. Too bad chuwi allocated a small space for Android.