[PORT][ROM][13.12.] Remix OS 2.0 (Android 5.1.1) for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, voteforpresident said:

The lights HAL works perfectly. BUT the built in brightness slider can't go to the maximum brightness the device is capable of, which was the case before I applied the patch.
It would be great if you can patch that too.

This doesn't affect max brightness (255) in any way. This just removes calculation problem in lights HAL and allows you to change brightness between min/max values (10/255) that are set in framework.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest tipo0011
6 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Here's a patch with lights HAL from latest CM12.1 build. This will allow setting lower minimum brightness (framework min = 10).

RemixOS-lights-minbrightness.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298927149
md5:d47b2ad389cc06193b69a8f250dc5961

Does this patch work on stock Android Rom in Chuwi HiBook Pro?

Guest KonstaT
23 hours ago, voteforpresident said:

The lights HAL works perfectly. BUT the built in brightness slider can't go to the maximum brightness the device is capable of, which was the case before I applied the patch.
It would be great if you can patch that too.

22 hours ago, KonstaT said:

This doesn't affect max brightness (255) in any way. This just removes calculation problem in lights HAL and allows you to change brightness between min/max values (10/255) that are set in framework.

What device is that (Hibook Pro)? It turns out that on Hi12 the max brightness is only 60 instead of the usual 255 and that's messed up. I had to bring back some calculation in the lights HAL. Please test this and report back.

vi10plus-fix-minbrightness.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120704070
md5:0862707567ca81265a639fa79eae7f57

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Richtj999

Konstat - I installed the light patch from your 7am posting on page 4.  I am not exactly sure how to tell if its working.  It dimmed before & seems to dim now.  

Guest KonstaT
11 hours ago, Richtj999 said:

Konstat - I installed the light patch from your 7am posting on page 4.  I am not exactly sure how to tell if its working.  It dimmed before & seems to dim now.  

cat /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness

in 'adb shell'/Terminal Emulator. Before went down to 29 - after goes down to 10.

Guest crazycookie

Hi,

I really like this build. Thanks for sharing! However, I experience 3 major issues on my Hi12:

1. My tablet hangs when rebooting, it just stays there with a black screen

2. Often it refuses to wake up from deep sleep. Then I have to hard reset the tablet

3. When having to reset the tablet, RemixOS somehow "forgot" some applications and I have to reinstall them.

Strange enough, when looking under /data/app those apps are listed twice or more times.

Anyone out here with some hints to solve this?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, suber13 said:

hi, does this process work also in nromal hibook?

Hibook would need similar compatibility patch as rest of the devices. I haven't looked into making any patches for Hibook. zltnngy has created one for CM13.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, suber13 said:

An apology for my ignorance. How do I identify on the tablet if it is normal or pro?

Better check 'about tablet' in settings. I would have said that it looks completely different (plastic housing vs. aluminium) and has full size USB ports. Apparently I've been confusing it with Hi10 (non-Plus/Pro). There's so many models/variants I can't keep up anymore. :P We're now talking about this device, right?

Edit. I've now added full support/patches for Hibook (TWRP, dm-verity, CM12.1, CM13, Remix OS).
http://konstakang.com/devices/chuwi_vi10plus

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, Daath said:

Hello KonstaT,

Thanks for your modding, it is very great !!

Have you try Phoenix OS : http://www.phoenixos.com/en/download_x86

I try it !

It is really very very very very smooth better than Remix OS 2, but wifi, touchscreen... doesn't work !

Greetings

Daath

There's a Phoenix OS build for Hi10 Pro in Chinese Chuwi forum and I've already ported it to my Vi10 Plus (https://twitter.com/konstatuomio/status/807940533100412928). All hardware is working but there was all kinds of small bugs (e.g. soft reboot pressing home key, etc). It's available for download in my AndroidFileHost account though I haven't 'released' it because of this.

Edited by KonstaT

Hello,

I have a chuwi hibook and I had already installed a version of remis OS but going through "intel flash tool". Version B2016051001.
I had no problems but as I could not root and the NTFS did not work I looked for something else.
And I found this version, I hated to install TWRP and rom remix OS.
I root it easily and the ntfs works, I'm happy except that I have a problem of rotation of the screen.
I have browsed the 5 pages of the forum and I see nobody talking about this problem, I have to be the only one.
The problem is that the rotation is offset by 90 °, when I am in portrait the tablet goes into landscape etc ...
I block the automatic rotation of the screen but it is not a solution.
If you have any ideas?

Thank you

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, DJStef said:

Hello,

I have a chuwi hibook and I had already installed a version of remis OS but going through "intel flash tool". Version B2016051001.
I had no problems but as I could not root and the NTFS did not work I looked for something else.
And I found this version, I hated to install TWRP and rom remix OS.
I root it easily and the ntfs works, I'm happy except that I have a problem of rotation of the screen.
I have browsed the 5 pages of the forum and I see nobody talking about this problem, I have to be the only one.
The problem is that the rotation is offset by 90 °, when I am in portrait the tablet goes into landscape etc ...
I block the automatic rotation of the screen but it is not a solution.
If you have any ideas?

Thank you

I just added the Hibook patch a few days ago. Have you installed the right compatibility patch for your device? Have you tried CM12.1/CM13? What was the stock firmware version your device was shipped with?

You could try removing /system/etc/sensor_hal_config_default.xml from the Hibook patch and reflash ROM+compatibility patch.

Edited by KonstaT

Thank you for answering me
My stock firmware is "I1D6_C109.224 x64", I've never changed it appears as the latest one.
I have installed this "RemixOS-B2016092102-chuwi_vi10plus.zip" that is what corresponds to the HiBook link.  I have not seen a compatibility patch.
Then I installed this for the root: "UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.79-20161211114519.zip"

Guest KonstaT
4 minutes ago, DJStef said:

Thank you for answering me
My stock firmware is "I1D6_C109.224 x64", I've never changed it appears as the latest one.
I have installed this "RemixOS-B2016092102-chuwi_vi10plus.zip" that is what corresponds to the HiBook link.  I have not seen a compatibility patch.
Then I installed this for the root: "UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.79-20161211114519.zip"

Well, that explains it. You need to install compatibility patch after flashing the ROM for every other device than Vi10 Plus (RemixOS-B2016092102-chuwi_vi10plus-Hibook.zip in your case). Please read installation instructions and FAQ!

Edited by KonstaT

Ok here is my mistake. But in fact I can not find a patch, although I download I always have a RemixOS-B2016092102-chuwi_vi10plus-Hibook.zip file that makes 623.5 Mio
I'm French, maybe for that I do not find :)

It's OK !! I finally found  :)

Thanks

Edited by DJStef

Guest KonstaT
9 minutes ago, DJStef said:

Ok here is my mistake. But in fact I can not find a patch, although I download I always have a RemixOS-B2016092102-chuwi_vi10plus-Hibook.zip file that makes 623.5 Mio
I'm French, maybe for that I do not find :)

http://konstakang.com/devices/chuwi_vi10plus/RemixOS

Just read the whole page, it's really even not that long!

Edited by KonstaT

Hello KonstaT

Thanks for your answer about Phoenix OS, i install your Vi10plus version.

It is really good, all works on my Hi10plus exept some soft reboot bugs like home button

Can you make an Update to the last version ?

Greetings 

David.

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, Daath said:

Hello KonstaT

Thanks for your answer about Phoenix OS, i install your Vi10plus version.

It is really good, all works on my Hi10plus exept some soft reboot bugs like home button

Can you make an Update to the last version ?

Greetings 

David.

I'm not aware of any newer version being available.

Hi everyone!

If you do not know, you can have destop as well as on Windows... Put and delete schortcuts that you want... It is necessary to go to the "Experimental Featueres", than turn on the "Enable Launcher File Mode"... For me, this is an excellent option!!! 

If someone described this, sorry :-)

Screenshot_2017-02-16-12-49-04.jpg

Edited by mikula

Guest crazycookie
Hi,

I really like this build. Thanks for sharing! However, I experience 3 major issues on my Hi12:

1. My tablet hangs when rebooting, it just stays there with a black screen

2. Often it refuses to wake up from deep sleep. Then I have to hard reset the tablet

3. When having to reset the tablet, RemixOS somehow "forgot" some applications and I have to reinstall them.

Strange enough, when looking under /data/app those apps are listed twice or more times.

Anyone out here with some hints to solve this?

Anyway. I now found the problem and a solution:

It's the SDcard reader which doesn't really work nicely together with my SanDisk 32GB card. Neither with RemixOS nor with CM 12.1. I also tried a Samsung card, but no luck with that one either.

My simple solution is now to use a 32GB USB storage from SanDisk. This one works great. Maybe this also explains the disappearing apps under Remix 2.0 ...?

Guest d-scythe

HI there, i have flash and use your CyanogenMod 12.1 rom for my device CHUWI HI12 and i like it. I wanted to try your port of the Remix OS 2.0 rom so i flash it to give it a go. I notice that this port doesnt have Exfat support like what the CyanogenMod 12.1 rom has. Is there any plans to add it into the Remix OS 2.0 rom in the future?

Guest Elmdor666

Hi Konsta,

Sorry, I don't know if this is the right thread for my question, but there is a way to replace the Remix OS of my Chuwi Vi 10 (Android only version) with Windows 10?

Thanks!

Edited by Elmdor666