Please Help a desperate Dad! Hudl2 stuck with 'no bootable device'

Guest Quexex

Guest Quexex

Hi all,

I'm not to sure I'll get any response to this as it seems pretty hopeless right now. But my son's Hudl2 has died!

Everytime my hudl2 boots up it eventually ends up on what I can only assume is a bios screen with the message 'no bootable device - press any key'. Obviously no touch input works and neither do vol +\-.

Obviously I went straight to Google, found a solution and got right on it. However, I cant get the hudl2 to but in restore mode... I've tried every combo of starting up with the power and volume + held at the same time and no luck at all. I've watched video tutorials the lot. 

I've even resorted to booting up holding the volume - and power.

Literally nothing happens I get the android logo and eventually, then no bootable device.

Is there anyway to recover from this using some SD card with special tools? Connecting to a PC reveals no connected device!

Edited by Quexex
Typing up typos and gboards i I capitalisation fail

• 3 weeks later...
Guest AV2012

That the Hudl 2 ever been exposed to moisture? The reason I ask is if steam gets in the speaker vents, it can condense to water on the motherboard, either creating a short circuit that over heats and fries the components or selectively kills individual chips. I suspect the issue you are seeing is because the flash chip that contains the bootable OS is either corrupted or not working. If you can get to the boot menu, you could try reinstalling the OTA firmware from an SD (if you search this forum I think there are still some links). However, this won't work if the flash memory is broken. Probably the best bet would be to buy a Hudl 2 with a cracked screen on eBay that still boots and harvest the working motherboard from that.